What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

the phantom menace

First Grade
The APL last night held an emergency board meeting and confirmed they will be standing by their decision. So, they have completely ignored the backlash.

Disgraceful.
So the APL essentially is the clubs that are in the A-League... but the APL is standing by its decision re grand finals in Sydney, which at least some if not a majority of clubs of the APL/A-League have made statements of opposition...?

Or do the A-League clubs vote on who gets to be their APL Board Members, and now there will be a mutiny and potential deselection of the APL club reps?

Shame on Wanderers club supporting the decision, in the face of the country-wide dissent from fellow clubs.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Sun 18 Dec 2:00am AEDST - Third Place game
Croatia v Morocco

Mon 19 Dec 2:00am AEDST - World Cup Final
Argentina v France

I agree with France for the win, and Croatia for third place.

chiefy1

Juniors
The a league is close to death atm. It was bad enough that the major pay tv players had left the building and there are only a couple of games to watch on free, nobody will want the rights after this. After such an inspirational run in the wc, this is a shocking look. They really needed to beef up security after it was known protests may happen

Avenger

Immortal
It’s always been a basket case in this country. There was a little up swing when the Wanderers were good and the rivalry with Sydney FC was entertaining but now it’s just about on its last legs. Nobody knows the solution. It’s just a shit show and I switched off a couple of seasons ago.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s always been a basket case in this country. There was a little up swing when the Wanderers were good and the rivalry with Sydney FC was entertaining but now it’s just about on its last legs. Nobody knows the solution. It’s just a shit show and I switched off a couple of seasons ago.
I was into it for a while. I lost interest around the time Sydney FC began their recent period of dominance.

Globalisation has killed Australian soccer. A handful of massive teams in Europe can provide all the football needs of everyone on the planet, really. If people are still watching lesser teams in lesser leagues it's only out of nostalgia. The A-League doesn't really have that. Nobody's dad tells stories about going to watch the Wanderers at Cumberland Oval when he was little. Maybe @parra pete does, but then it's just the lead in to some horrific pun.

I was into it for a while. I lost interest around the time Sydney FC began their recent period of dominance.

Globalisation has killed Australian soccer. A handful of massive teams in Europe can provide all the football needs of everyone on the planet, really. If people are still watching lesser teams in lesser leagues it's only out of nostalgia. The A-League doesn't really have that. Nobody's dad tells stories about going to watch the Wanderers at Cumberland Oval when he was little. Maybe @parra pete does, but then it's just the lead in to some horrific pun.
Wouldn't that pretty much end sport on a global scale?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Wow, the flare f**kwits really did it this time... disrupting the match, potentially damaging a TV camera and injuring a player.

And this report is not from the usual suspects which some people like to accuse of agendas against soccer etc. Just leave your fireworks at home, "active" neanderthals!

Latest posts