What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Suitman

Post Whore
The rivalry over there in Nth London is just crazy, why the f**k they bring it into Oz astounds me.

I've seen Gooners interviewed and they cant say the word Tottenham, even some here in Oz cant type the word Tottenham.

These are grown men acting like primary school kids.
You obviously don't understand true rivalry.

Eelementary

Post Whore
What are you blokes' opinions on Cristiano Ronaldo?

Everywhere you go, it's, "He's the goat!"

Imo, he's not even the best player with the surname "Ronaldo"...

Great player, but how can you can someone a GOAT, when he's never won a World Cups?

GOAT for me is Ronaldo Nazario, btw - incredible player.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Well he thnks he is the GOAT if you listen to his interviews

Great player, but how can you can someone a GOAT, when he's never won a World Cups?

I've never really bought into this argument, its not his fault he wasn't born in a Country the likes of Brazil, France, Germany or Argentina. You cant win it on your own.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Everywhere you go, it's, "He's the goat!"

Imo, he's not even the best player with the surname "Ronaldo"...

GOAT for me is Ronaldo Nazario, btw - incredible player.
2nd best player of the generation behind Messi.

Ronaldo seems to have a bigger chip on his shoulder & ego hence why he has fallen out with more managers and team mates with his self absorbed nature.

Its a shame his mother didnt follow & join the grandparents and come to Perth when they were Kids though what could have been.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well he thnks he is the GOAT if you listen to his interviews

I've never really bought into this argument, its not his fault he wasn't born in a Country the likes of Brazil, France, Germany or Argentina. You cant win it on your own.

No, you can't win it on your own.

But while CR7 scores a trillion goals, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, etc. create new techniques that are still used to this day.

I think players like Zidane, Figo, Beckham, were just as influential as CR7.

King-Gutho94

Coach

But while CR7 scores a trillion goals, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, etc. create new techniques that are still used to this day.

I was fascinated by the Beckham Doco on netflix.

I felt we finally got to see the True David Beckham something that we never got to see previously because of the media spotlight and his marriage to Victoria.

Meant the side-show & circus that came with it detracted from how he was seen from the outsiders who watch it but dont live and breath soccer/football as a champion player.

I was too young to realise the shit and abuse he copped over the red-card it was brutal.

The way he handled that with so much grace and dignity the following season and never complained show the true nature of the man when he had every right to walk away or piss off out of England and play somewhere else.

I still remember though the backend of his career and when he came to Sydney in 2007 with the LA Galaxy.

He was adored and loved by all that night.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I felt we finally got to see the True David Beckham something that we never got to see previously because of the media spotlight and his marriage to Victoria.

Meant the side-show & circus that came with it detracted from how he was seen from the outsiders who watch it but dont live and breath soccer/football as a champion player.

I was too young to realise the shit and abuse he copped over the red-card it was brutal.

The way he handled that with so much grace and dignity the following season and never complained show the true nature of the man when he had every right to walk away or piss off out of England and play somewhere else.

I still remember though the backend of his career and when he came to Sydney in 2007 with the LA Galaxy.

He was a special player - his vision, and touch, was remarkable.

He copped a lot of abuse after that incident.

But he was still a phenomenal player.

Eelementary

Post Whore
2nd best player of the generation behind Messi.

Ronaldo seems to have a bigger chip on his shoulder & ego hence why he has fallen out with more managers and team mates with his self absorbed nature.

Its a shame his mother didnt follow & join the grandparents and come to Perth when they were Kids though what could have been.

I say this not because I'm a Barça fan, but because I truly believe it - but Messi is a much better player than Ronaldo, imo.

Ronaldo can score a thousand goals a season, but Messi can dominate a game single-handedly.

And Messi's close-ball control is the best since Maradona.

The fact Lio is humble just makes it even sweeter.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If scoring goals was the yardstick by which greatness was measured, then Erling Haaland would be the best player in the world today.

I think Haaland is a brilliant player, but he's not the best player on the planet.

hindy111

Post Whore

Ronaldo did it in THE EPL AND SPAIN.
I rate him alongside Messi tbh. He was sensational.
My favourite player was Gianfranco Zola.
This is my favourite goal of all time was the last one on this top 10. Worth watching the video.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I used to think of him as a slow midfielder who was only good at dead balls and crosses. Only watching highlights (and before good stats were available) it was easy to overlook his godlike work rate.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ronaldo did it in THE EPL AND SPAIN.
I rate him alongside Messi tbh. He was sensational.
My favourite player was Gianfranco Zola.
This is my favourite goal of all time was the last one on this top 10. Worth watching the video.

Zola was so, so clean.

My two favourite players are Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Paulo Maldini, with Carles Puyol a close third.

Suitman

Post Whore
or I've already graduated from Primary School

Or, you still don't get it.
It is a serious hatred between clubs and local rivals that goes back 100+ years.
You've grown up in a country that just doesn't understand hatred between local rivals.
Good ol' St Pat's Parramatta eh?
You really reckon Eels - Bulldogs fans hate each other like Liverpool - Everton do?
or like Newcastle - Sunderland -Middlesborough (all within 40 k's of each other) fans do?? Or even Spurs - Arsenal?
Leed's - Man U? There are multitudes more.
It's not 2nd grade stuff. It is a genuine fkn hatred.
Hate it if you like. Ridicule it if you like. Just accept the fact it is real.
I can't believe that you are so ignorant about these rivalries. It's all over Europe ffs!

Last edited: