What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot- Frustration

Trying to figure where to vent this place as good as any.

Today got result of my melanoma scan, cones back a spot, off for another biopsy.

I have had cancer twice, had other where lump and scan where it was negative.

Wife died 2019 cancer.

Promised my kids in 2016 when I got cancer would live to both 18, one is now 17 the other 14.

I just want to get to Jan 1st 2027, my son will have turned 18 finished high school, my one aim in life.

Not after sympathy, just so cranky, and people have been through worse, it's not me I care about but getting my kids to 18.

Rant arghh just come back clean this next biopsy

Trying to figure where to vent this place as good as any.

Today got result of my melanoma scan, cones back a spot, off for another biopsy.

I have had cancer twice, had other where lump and scan where it was negative.

Wife died 2019 cancer.

Promised my kids in 2016 when I got cancer would live to both 18, one is now 17 the other 14.

I just want to get to Jan 1st 2027, my son will have turned 18 finished high school, my one aim in life.

Not after sympathy, just so cranky, and people have been through worse, it's not me I care about but getting my kids to 18.

Rant arghh just come back clean this next biopsy
Yeah raising our kids is tough enough ,without doing it under cloud of our own immediate health issues. I wish you best of luck. Have similar concerns. One positive you might want to focus on is that at 17 and 14 you have taught them some things already , ,set some examples ( Maybe ,some good , some bad , but ALLdone with love , ) You can only do best you can do with life you are given.

Last edited:
Yeah raising our kids is tough enough ,without doing it under cloud of our own immediate health issues. I wish you best of luck. Have similar concerns. One positive you might want to focus on is that at 17 and 14 you have taught them some things already , ,set some examples ( Maybe ,some good , some bad , but ALLdone with love , ) You can only do best you can do with life you are given.
They are sharks fans.
My son I have him when he was like 10 my Reebok jersey he still sleeps in it now and then, he would always wear it when sick, says make him feel better

Let it out mate. I've found it quite relieving at times on here to vent to faceless posters.
Hope everything goes as well as can be expected.

bluefox68

Staff member
I hope you get your wish, Stakey, and so much MORE!!!

We give you a hard time in here sometimes, mate, but we DO appreciate you, and understand when you are doing it tough…

Stake, life can give us lemons sometimes and you wonder what I have done to deserve all this bad luck. And like you said there are many other families going through similar or worse. Whenever I have gone through some very tough times I remind myself of that and focus on the things around me that I’m grateful for and lucky to have. Particularly family and good friends and that I live in the best Country in the World.

Mindset is really important Stake. It’s good to vent when needed but always stay positive and strong especially around your children. As a father you never stop teaching them things and this situation you are going through and been through is another one. Find lots of other things to focus on and do all the things you enjoy doing. Especially with your family, their love can make you stronger in so many ways.

I hope you get good news but no matter the result remember we have great medical here in Australia. You must always believe you will get through anything that comes your way. I can’t emphasise anymore a strong mindset.

Hope the Sharks can be a great distraction for you this year and we see you posting here about it with your perspective. That’s what this forum is about. Post your take on things. I love reading peoples opinions on here whether I agree with them or not. It doesn’t matter. It’s entertaining all the same.

All the best Stake!

shadowboxer

First Grade
All the best Stake and hope all goes well. Life is full of lessons and unfortunately some get more than others. Life is also for living - celebrate that for yourself and as an example for your kids.
After a long number of years below the equator of shit times for me and my family, you’ve just got to keep going, there is always some light somewhere. Hopefully 2023 brings some to you

sladden road

Juniors
Yeah Stake, you are one mad bastard but I wish you all the best. I remember when your wife passed. Doesn’t seem fair mate.
it’s why having a good team like our 2023 sharks is great…keeps our mind off shit.

upup

carinashark

First Grade
I’ve had cancer since 2020. Follow the medical and ask questions. Stake ,just focus on that 2027 date. Stay positive, even about the Sharks ( they are finally in good hands ).Meditation will help, give up sugar, cancer loves sugar. Vent on Stake, BBB is right ,this forum is a good place to let it out.

Special K

Coach
All the best with it mate. Stay strong for them and let it out on here with us lunatics.

Hopefully the sharkies can bring you some joy from next week on.

Quigs

Immortal
I concur Stakey, Stay strong. Remember you are an integral part of this totally dysfunctional and fur-hucked up group.

And we "ain't" ready to vote you off the island yet.

taipan

Referee
Sometimes it's best to let it all hang out, bottling it up hurts more.Having kids makes it all the more tougher.You are their rock . Keep strong champ.

shaggs

Coach
Ok mate, I was going to say if you were at cronulla I’m involved in a group called the Cronulla Gropers. We swim from South cronulla beach at 615am every morning. Good bunch of blokes who are always there to have a chat with about any topic at anytime. If your down here, then it might be a good group to get into. All different walks of life at different ages, some with health issues, some with mental health issues.

Stake, Being in the health industry I can only recommend to hang in there and do what you can to be as healthy as possible. Clean food, filtered water and exercise added to reaching out to people around you.

Any of you local guys want to get involved and feel like this men’s group might be what you need at this point in your life, Send me a PM.
“swim, coffee and chat” is our slogan.