What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot- Frustration

Have my PET/CT scan tomorrow get results Friday, it will tell if immunotherapy working.
I am literally willing it.
I need 41 more months so soon has finished high school, that would make me so happy.
I get 59 more oncologist says I am cancer free

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
All the best for the results on Friday Stake. Even if they happen to be not that great there’s plenty of shit they can do these days. A good friend of mine is now 4 years into the 3 months they gave her to live. Stay strong regardless mate.

So I went in for the results.
I have tumor on veterbrae now which needs radiation or if cracks got see me paralysed.
The immunotherapy therapy, is not working Oncologist said I could be late responder, I will be hit with 2 more rounds.
If I am getting worse I won't see my son graduate high school, that is 41 more months.
The hole I am in just gets bigger sorry for venting.
I am telling my teens when I get home from hospital today.

On that note I have loved being in the forum, the banter the feuds all of it.
I know this about this place even though we can fight, we are there for each other.
And always want the sharks to win, as a kid I wished I would have been good enough to play just for 1 second for the sharks not Australia not NSW but the sharks.

I will show my son how to post it will be a final one for me should the worst happen.
But today I step away from the forum after 20 years of different names, I even remember the day I joined.
Thank you everyone and goodbye, I need to concentrate on something bigger then the sharks.
Thank you again

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
So I went in for the results.
I have tumor on veterbrae now which needs radiation or if cracks got see me paralysed.
The immunotherapy therapy, is not working Oncologist said I could be late responder, I will be hit with 2 more rounds.
If I am getting worse I won't see my son graduate high school, that is 41 more months.
The hole I am in just gets bigger sorry for venting.
I am telling my teens when I get home from hospital today.

On that note I have loved being in the forum, the banter the feuds all of it.
I know this about this place even though we can fight, we are there for each other.
And always want the sharks to win, as a kid I wished I would have been good enough to play just for 1 second for the sharks not Australia not NSW but the sharks.

I will show my son how to post it will be a final one for me should the worst happen.
But today I step away from the forum after 20 years of different names, I even remember the day I joined.
Thank you everyone and goodbye, I need to concentrate on something bigger then the sharks.
Thank you again

Good luck Stake and never give up!

Nutz

Bench
Hey Stake, hope your still reading.
I don't know you and I'm not from your forum. I'm relatively new to the WT forum but that shouldn't matter, we're all Aussies.
I just wanted to say to you that I too had to leave another website forum because I thought my time was up and the forum was affecting my health. Thank god I'm in the clear now.
That might sound like what you don't want to hear but my message is to be positive regardless of the prognosis or eventual outcome. There is no point feeling that everything is hopeless regardless whether we have hours to live or decades.
I'm the last of 8 siblings, all the others have gone through terrible illnesses but they were strong. This meant a lot to their children and me.
I hope you can find something to be positive about...your children, gardens, genealogy, nature documentaries or some other learning or spiritual adventures.
I'm sure that after reading the comments since your farewell post, that you have a lot of people in your corner. PM those on your forum that you have time for and arrange some type of communication with them.
Keep the channels open to all the people in your life that matter.
Your not alone. Just talk.
All the best mate.
P.S. I'm always up for a chat if you want to vent your emotions.

Last edited:

R-15-3

Bench
f**king horrible Stake so sorry you’re going through this.
Only advice I can give is prepare your boy that everyday can be your last and tomorrow is a bonus.

Nutz

Bench
Only advice I can give is prepare your boy that everyday can be your last and tomorrow is a bonus.
We all can take your advice on that one. It's never too late to realise what life is really about.
Take time to smell the roses as they say.

Chimp

Bench
Great advice!
I lost my Dad at 21 (he was 45), completely out of the blue, he died of a heart attack through the night. Never got to say our goodbyes, but thankfully, we had a great relationship, so I know that he knew exactly how I felt about him, and I know exactly how he felt about me - even moreso now I have kids of my own.
Whilst your situation is awful, I wish I’d have known what was coming with my old man - even though our relationship was great, I’d sure as hell have made more time to spend with him if I’d known how soon he’d be leaving us. I’m not saying take it as a positive, but knowing what potentially is ahead, and the kids knowing their dad isn’t invincible, it gives you the opportunity to make sure you and the kids spend as much fun time together as possible. I’d give anything to go back and have that time with my old man.
Keep up the good fight - fight the bar steward with everything you’ve got!

Scan results came back on Friday

The Tumor which was on spine has gone from the radiation completely

The liver where melanoma jumped one lesion gone as well, the other shrinking.

She said you could not ask for a better result, another scan in 3 months, she said just keep going in same direction.

Not out the woods by a long shot, but at least right direction for moment, 3 years the aim grinding towards it.

PJ

First Grade
Scan results came back on Friday

The Tumor which was on spine has gone from the radiation completely

The liver where melanoma jumped one lesion gone as well, the other shrinking.

She said you could not ask for a better result, another scan in 3 months, she said just keep going in same direction.

Not out the woods by a long shot, but at least right direction for moment, 3 years the aim grinding towards it.
Very glad to hear that.