What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You're kidding aren't you? That stuff's crap.
Now, this is mega rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBWQCHb95rg&feature=related

Suity

That's not a bad one.. but my little girl loves this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyRxY1rXKF4&feature=related

Gees, that's still heavy metal, it damages childrens brains, alters their future drastically.

This is more like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Yxmz-csB4
or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPOIy4Kb9M4
or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONrIByBGW_M

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
how can changing the order in which you play the songs cause your timing to be out ?

they have played them all hundreds of times each
:lol:
In the Brisbane show I went to they played a song they hadn't played in over 4 years. I looked at my friend and said they never play this.
Very cool to go to show and not really know what songs to expect.

Just wish I could have seen more shows.

sarahk

Juniors
Wiggles are the only good music to come from Australia.

:lol: :lol: i am soooo sick of the wiggles. I have to put up with nearly every movie and show i record on iq being deleted in favour of the wiggles. Woooooosah

Btw i listened to Jascha Heifetz on youtube ( Pagannini Caprice No. 24) because i was bored as and he's not bad. Its not something i'd listen to, but the bloke is seriously talented!

Wiggles are the only good music to come from Australia.

Rolf Harris is amazing, and so is his music - plus, the guy can get away with singing about his 3rd leg, and nobody seems shocked by it!

(He had to be good - the GOODIES took the piss out of him at every opportunity. I loved it!:lol::lol:)

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
1703goodies_competition.jpg
Rolf Harris is amazing, and so is his music - plus, the guy can get away with singing about his 3rd leg, and nobody seems shocked by it!

(He had to be good - the GOODIES took the piss out of him at every opportunity. I loved it!:lol::lol:)

mrpwnd

Bench
:lol: :lol: i am soooo sick of the wiggles. I have to put up with nearly every movie and show i record on iq being deleted in favour of the wiggles. Woooooosah

Btw i listened to Jascha Heifetz on youtube ( Pagannini Caprice No. 24) because i was bored as and he's not bad. Its not something i'd listen to, but the bloke is seriously talented!
Hmph, that's a special eye for talent you have there.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Sarahk, IMO the Kings Of Leon used to be a very good band but have found a niche where they can sell shiploads of records without doing anything the slightest bit new or interesting from the previous couple of albums... As for Coldplay... ouch!
No Metallica fan can bag other bands with that description, they are the kings of selling out.

Both sellouts.
I lost faith in Lars when he had that anti-music downloading campaign going.
Disgrace, music shouldn't be about money, should be about appealing to your target audience through your skill and passion.
Metallica lost that after their early 90s era.
Yep, Lars is a cretin.

Yeah, I still have a bit of respect for Hetfield and Hammett...Wish they kept Mustaine though.
Mustaine was a very talented guitarist, Megadeth had their moments too. They were like listening to Triple J, you'd hear some great stuff but would also have to sit through some garbage to get to it.

Exactly, and the singer has a pathetic voice, yet some think it's good lol his range is embarrassing, if u want to see range look at ack rose, seb Bach or mercury.

Leona are utter crap, I prefer green day lol
Rose, Bach and Mercury sure did have range but again this is hardly an argument for a pro Metallica fan, Hetfield range?:lol:

Metallica have become a parody of themselves

Nothing but a bloated money driven corporation of a band
True, to me they are similar to ACDC, who've been doing different versions of Who Made Who for the last 25 years and just raking in money.

haven't listened to their sh*t since Justice

Cliff Burton wouldn't put up with this sh*t

be rolling in his grave
Exactly. If Cliff never died they wouldn't be doing this crap, or he would've left due to the crap. He was easily the most talented out of the bunch.

excactly, however i still think gunners would easily have had that titleif they atleast stuck together for a few more years.
Agreed, if GnR had Metallica's longevity it wouldn't be close. They were the biggest band in the world for a couple of years, then they all started jumping ship.

Anyway, this is all personal opinion, people like different things. I used to love Metallica, until the Black album, then Lars' crusade to save his cash machine and now they are just releasing sh*te.

The first KOL album was brilliant, I think it's not far off Nevermind and Appetite as far as debut albums go, not as good as them but it's one of the best debut albums I've heard. Their 2nd was good but more mellow. Then their last 3 have been an obvious move towards being more commercial.

As for live in concert I assume Metallica have improved from the old days. My brother and his mates went to see them at the Horden Pavilion in 88 or 89, maybe even 90 - I'm not certain of the date, and they said they were useless. Apparently they kept stuffing up the songs, mostly James, several times they'd have to stop because James stuffed up, sometimes they'd restart the song sometimes they'd just play something else. They all loved Metallica but said the concert was pathetic.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
Who cares if Lars wanted to let artists get the recognition they deserved when they spend x amount of hours/months in a studio bringing their music to their fans when all they did was rip it off the net and the bands don't get shut all for their hard work. He wasn't doing it JUST for metallica he did it for the music industry as a whole and I understand exactly where he is coming from. I'd be sh*tty to to know ur hard work and dedication is being ripped away from u by alot of people for free. The artists deserve the money they get from selling CDs.
People can say they're greedy and sh*t but metallica don't give a sh*t what people say they only care about getting their music to THIER fans and so the same goes for every other artist!