What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

18to87

Coach
They are nearing the end of a 2.5 year tour and are changing setlists like crazy to please fans who are seeing them play 2, 3, 4 times in the same city. That would explain why they weren't as tight as usual. I went on Wednesday and Thursday and there were no f ups.

adamkungl

Immortal
Seriously thoug, people still take Metallica pty tld seriously after that 'Some Kind of Monster' flick? That was champagne comedy, and showed what deluded bunch of wankers that band are.

yawn...don't people get tired of bitching about the same thing over and over again? Go post about a band you actually like...

natheel

Coach
Some kind of monster confirmed they are still only making records and touring because they like money.....

Made awesome music, Black was the beginning of the end of good music from them....

They shattered me last night, they were my idols growing up and i can't believe how disappointing they were......Lamb of God owned them for tightness imo.....

1. put it this way...ur telling me that if u had a tremendous amount of talent like them u wouldn't use it to ur advantage and make a living doing something u love?! Metallica will always be metallica and they will always please their fans no matter what era u liked them from etc they will always please.

2. I saw them Wednesday night and they owned LOG imho

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
1. put it this way...ur telling me that if u had a tremendous amount of talent like them u wouldn't use it to ur advantage and make a living doing something u love?! Metallica will always be metallica and they will always please their fans no matter what era u liked them from etc they will always please.

2. I saw them Wednesday night and they owned LOG imho

They owned Russia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a0AjKypMYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoYls_Afkqk

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They are nearing the end of a 2.5 year tour and are changing setlists like crazy to please fans who are seeing them play 2, 3, 4 times in the same city. That would explain why they weren't as tight as usual. I went on Wednesday and Thursday and there were no f ups.

how can changing the order in which you play the songs cause your timing to be out ?

they have played them all hundreds of times each

Do you have any idea how many mistakes they made last night?

Some kind of monster confirmed they are still only making records and touring because they like money.....

Made awesome music, Black was the beginning of the end of good music from them....

They shattered me last night, they were my idols growing up and i can't believe how disappointing they were......Lamb of God owned them for tightness imo.....

They made a few but it was still a Freakn amazing concert.... Loved it.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yawn.

It's a discussion forum. Perhaps a bit of truth about Metallica hurts?

I don't think any Metallica fan actually cares? I certainly don't give a crap how much they love money if they're still entertaining...

Most people wouldn't go into a thread about something they don't like just to put sh*t on it, but in almost every Metallica thread you can almost guarantee that within a few pages you will see:
-"Metallica are sellouts, how dare they become popular"
-"Metallica haven't put out anything decent since Master of Puppets, mind you I haven't actually listened to it"
-"Wah, I hate them because of the Napster thing, I should be allowed to steal music without any protest from the artists"

and less common, sooking Megadeth fans that seem to think it necessary to point out how much better Megadeth is every time Metallica is mentioned.

BORING. These are not new and groundbreaking statements. They have been done to death for the last 10 years...get over it and go enjoy something you actually like.

Last edited:

hybrideel

Bench
Seriously thoug, people still take Metallica pty tld seriously after that 'Some Kind of Monster' flick? That was champagne comedy, and showed what deluded bunch of wankers that band are.

i think Hammett was the only one to get out of that without looking like a cry baby. But as long as they make great music and play awesome live shows (which i'm getting more and more pi$$ed off about not getting to see this time), i couldn't care less what they act like outside of that

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm looking at your post count and am seriously wondering if you really believe this

I never troll :sarcasm:

I dunno, football is different. There is genuine animosity between fans of different clubs. For some reason I expect football trolling...

Last edited:

18to87

Coach
how can changing the order in which you play the songs cause your timing to be out ?

You realize they have over 100 songs don't you?

A couple of mistakes on songs they do not play very often on this one night does not make them a bad live act and make Lamb of God better.

I guess everyone on here does their own job perfectly every day.

Metallica have already proved to be one of, if not the, premier live act in the world which is why they can sell out 5 shows in Melbourne, 4 in Sydney and 6 in Copenhagen.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Originally Posted by Twizzle

You realize they have over 100 songs don't you?

A couple of mistakes on songs they do not play very often on this one night does not make them a bad live act and make Lamb of God better.

I guess everyone on here does their own job perfectly every day.

Metallica have already proved to be one of, if not the, premier live act in the world which is why they can sell out 5 shows in Melbourne, 4 in Sydney and 6 in Copenhagen.

Under such circumstances they should have written and played a new song to their disappointed fans called

"HERPES"

We are sorry for f**king up
Please forgive our sores of tomorrow
But we'll creme you with remedy
So we'll continue f**king up

Fish stop acting like Lars Ulrich ffs

Dont tell me he is spitting water on people!:shock:

What is that about anyway?

Fcked if I would pay $200+ a ticket, to stand there and have him spit water at me. (If anyone else noticed on Saturday night)

It was a good show - but, far from "the best" show that people are suggesting. Other than the lasers & puffs of fire - there wasnt much too the "show" if you ask me.

jk13

First Grade
besides the great music, my main memory during the black tour was when they did some sort of feedback effect through the amps and the sound waves knocked you backwards where u stood.

Latest posts