What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

PJ Marshal

Coach
If you want loud you go to a Manowar concert and hear songs with tales of battles, vikings and pure awesomeness

jk13

First Grade
:lol::lol: i heard they found out that that kid illegally downloaded their box set during the concert

richo74

Juniors
i couldnt get over the "you make me feel good sydney" from James sounded a bit soft coming from these guys

Haynzy

First Grade
besides the great music, my main memory during the black tour was when they did some sort of feedback effect through the amps and the sound waves knocked you backwards where u stood.

The Oils did this on their Redneck Wonderland tour. One of the best live bands ever.

mrpwnd

Bench
i couldnt get over the "you make me feel good sydney" from James sounded a bit soft coming from these guys
Everyone knows it's just a formality for every foreign artist.
I'm sure deep down they love the States much more than Sydney.
Although, I suppose they can come out and say Australia is a sh*thole.

Haynzy

First Grade
I think it was 2000 at the Bridge hotel Rozelle....

I was swimming in sweat by the end of that gig..:lol:

1998/99 (can't remember which) at Flinders Uni...low ceiling, right in the middle of the pit, just where the speakers intersected, thought I was gonna die..but die happy :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
1998/99 (can't remember which) at Flinders Uni...low ceiling, right in the middle of the pit, just where the speakers intersected, thought I was gonna die..but die happy :D

my memory is a bit hazy, did the redneck tour follow the "Best of" tour or vice versa?

Haynzy

First Grade
Yeah, i find it so hard to pick a favourite... Redneck was certainly the angry album.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Love Metallica or hate em, no-onel can deny their popularity and their successful longevity. If they break up tomorrow they'll still be talked about in 20 years, whereas King of Leon are just a dull passing fad who'll be forgotten about in two years once everyone realises how unimaginative their sound is.

Metallica are good, but not great IMO.