What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Parra Stadium sharing

strider

Post Whore
and it's their f'n fulltime job ffs! they practice all the time and they still can't get the bloody thing in

MEE.

Juniors
Atmosphere was good last night and will be twice as loud at the derby. Why can't you lot do that?

mrt_spec

Juniors
I live less than 500m from the Stadium and was VERY surprised at the noise coming from the place, well done to the supporters. Lots louder than the average Eels game there.

strider

Post Whore
there's more action on the field at a league game ... soccer fans have to entertain themselves somehow

Delboy

First Grade
Atmosphere was good last night and will be twice as loud at the derby. Why can't you lot do that?

Becasue if you didnt jump up and down and shout all game, most of the crowd would fall asleep.

Its also cultural to an extent, but let's see if they are more patient than the last couple of teams

I have a feeling we won't be sharing the stadium much at all, i think we will play more games at ANZ in 2013 than Parra Stadium.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Outside of some South American soccer leagues I think there is more atmosphere at an American College Football game....... doesn't even compare.

I agree - the Seppos love their College Football.

As for the atmosphere at Eels matches - who can forget the Final against Manly in 2005? "Terry's a wanker!"

:lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
Outside of some South American soccer leagues I think there is more atmosphere at an American College Football game....... doesn't even compare.

Ok, there's three leagues that have a better almosphere than anything league can produce.
Try this on for size. Watch till the end. Especially the start of the game at around 1.50 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvAOpnnMK0&feature=related

Basketball. They score a point a minute, so that's not the issue.
The issue is that Aussies are boring twats.
Tyler Durdan said it all this morning.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Ok, there's three leagues that have a better almosphere than anything league can produce.
Try this on for size. Watch till the end. Especially the start of the game at around 1.50 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvAOpnnMK0&feature=related

Basketball. They score a point a minute, so that's not the issue.
The issue is that Aussies are boring twats.
Tyler Durdan said it all this morning.

Suity

Actually the boring twats are those that keep going on about the atmosphere at a soccer game as if it is needed to justify its existence......

The onfield action is boring...... much like AFL they are spectator sports. Unfortunately IMO rugby league is tailor made for televison which impacts on its crowd. At the end of the day if 6,000 at a soccer game can beat 15,000 at a league game does it really matter if one happens to be louder than the other???

Last edited:
I don't really get the angst on either side of this discussion. Agree that NRL crowds, for a variety of reasons (culture, a disproportionately high number of people with sore throats ect) are pretty quiet for much of the game. It's not just the suitability of NRL for TV coverage....college football / NFL have that in spades. Have also been to several soccer games at various levels in the UK....great atmosphere even in small crowds. I like pretty much all forms of footy, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest what other people like watching. It's like eating brussel sprouts...if you don't like em....don't eat em.

strider

Post Whore
wow - going nuts at the basketball hey? ... their team must be worse than the sydney kings

Angry_eel

First Grade
Who cares about the atmosphere. Leaving league and soccer aside, Does a one-day/test match become any less entertaining because of the lack of singing/atmosphere?

strider

Post Whore
Who cares about the atmosphere. Leaving league and soccer aside, Does a one-day/test match become any less entertaining because of the lack of singing/atmosphere?

well no, test matches (and often one dayers) are just plain boring no matter what

but seriously, all this talk is gobblty-gook ..... some people go to jump around and yell, some people go to sit and watch - as long as they all can enjoy themselves doing whatever they want, so be it

Last edited: