What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our home crowds.

President Trump

Juniors
Geez I hope the admin aren't reading this thread, you'd think we were happy to see the club relocate. 10 years ago a board were sent running up Captain Cook Drive for suggesting we send games to the Central Coast!

If we didn't treat our previous or soon-to-be previous sponsors like crap - Southern Cross Group, X Blades, Opal Solar etc. etc. - maybe we wouldn't have this "break even" of 16k people.

What did we do to those sponsors?

King Ben

Juniors
What did we do to those sponsors?

From all reports our relationship with X Blades is untenable and I think we're going with the mob who do the Titans gear next year. I can't remember if it was on here or another forum but apparently Barry baulked at the amount our sponsors were paying, let the deals expire and didn't have anyone lined up to replace them.

MilkShark

First Grade
The dance thing the club puts on every year was at half time, hence why the big crown numbers.

1600 dancers plus their family adds up quickly

Ads

First Grade
From all reports our relationship with X Blades is untenable and I think we're going with the mob who do the Titans gear next year. I can't remember if it was on here or another forum but apparently Barry baulked at the amount our sponsors were paying, let the deals expire and didn't have anyone lined up to replace them.
Perfect chance to make our own gear IMO. Huge margins to be had.

taipan

Referee
Why don’t we get some adult dancers in!

Live episodes of MAFS at half time, would bring in the oglers.Couple of beds on the half way, more bounce for the ounce.Grinders could be the sponsors.
A rap dance comp at half time.

Live episodes of MAFS at half time, would bring in the oglers.Couple of beds on the half way, more bounce for the ounce.Grinders could be the sponsors.
A rap dance comp at half time.

In all seriousness, entertainment pitched at a younger audience, does singing along to the 50 year old song "Sweet Caroline" turn on the younger punters ? To me, that song just indicates that its time for a toilet break.

taipan

Referee
In all seriousness, entertainment pitched at a younger audience, does singing along to the 50 year old song "Sweet Caroline" turn on the younger punters ? To me, that song just indicates that its time for a toilet break.

Agree.
Caroline and Neil D should be fishing in retirement in some coastal village.
Ideally young up and coming bands and singers, that don't cost a King's ransom, playing or singing a 10 minute gig each before the game and and half time.
Some of the contestants on talent shows.

We have tried dogs doing tricks and athletes races before.At least Peter Gow was proactive in attracting entertainment to bring in the masses.

RandyAndy

Juniors

how many years has it been that the sharks havent signed a front sponsor on time, that must mess with the amount of product they can sell and the amount of money they can make or lack of money when they when miss christmas after christmas trading

Plastered

Juniors

My 14yr old daughter grabbed me and started swaying me side to side when it came on.....but yeah, in general, the ground announcer was effing annoying. We used to be the pioneers of the whole game day experience thing.....that was a long time ago.