What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our run to the finals

Fangs

Coach
God I'd much prefer to play the Warriors in Week 1 than a Raiders side on a roll...

Check out the Raiders run home:

Round 19: Sharks (Away)
Round 20: Storm (Away)
Round 21: Panthers (Away)
Round 22: Tigers (Home)
Round 23: Roosters (Home)
Round 24: Rabbitohs (Home)
Round 25: Warriors (Away)

6 of their 7 remaining games against sides in the 8. I like them much better with Wighton out of fullback and Hodgson back in the team. But I think they've left it too late this year.

Tigers are a better chance, though still unlikely:

Round 19: Rabbitohs (Home)
Round 20: Bulldogs (Away)
Round 21: Knights (Away)
Round 22: Raiders (Away)
Round 23: Dragons (Home)
Round 24: Manly (Home)
Round 25: Rabbitohs (Away)

OldPanther

Coach

6 of their 7 remaining games against sides in the 8. I like them much better with Wighton out of fullback and Hodgson back in the team. But I think they've left it too late this year.

It's really going to be a choke of epic proportions for anyone to miss the 8 and even then I think only Broncos and Warriors are possible.

Whino

Bench
6 of their 7 remaining games against sides in the 8. I like them much better with Wighton out of fullback

I can't believe they are paying Wighton $750 k a year.

Judging from the posts I've read of yours... I wholeheartedly disagree on the bolded part...
Oh so I have an opinion, which is different to yours, and you're saying that I'm a idiot? Hilarious. I am entitled to MY OPINION, as you are to yours. I do not resort to childish, bullying behaviour. Can the same said about you?

Exsilium

First Grade
Before origin game 1, I was confident Cleary would get the confidence from playing rep football and really step up but after origin I’ve been wondering where he goes to from here. We need him to lead this side, Maloney can only do so much. Yes it was his first series, he wasn’t expected to set the world on fire or be an instant superstar but we need him to play to the form which warranted his selection in the first place.

How Cleary plays in the next few games will dictate how we go in September.

Our forwards, as depleted as they are, can do the job. We just need better game management and our boys to lift a little and we will win some games.

OldPanther

Coach
Really by airing my views? I suggest that you look up the meaning of the word bullying, and come back with your own retorts. I am done with you.

You didn't like what he said and you tried to demean him and put him down as being doom and gloom all the time. That's not discussing the team that's bullying the user and now trying to play coy on it. Pretty ballsy for someone who's been here a month.

You didn't like what he said and you tried to demean him and put him down as being doom and gloom all the time. That's not discussing the team that's bullying the user and now trying to play coy on it. Pretty ballsy for someone who's been here a month.
OMG, give it up. That is MY OPINION, not a put down, or an attempted to be mean him. Ballsy, maybe, that is who I am, and I am not going to change who I am because of some precious people like yourself. Grow up.

tripster

Juniors
Before origin game 1, I was confident Cleary would get the confidence from playing rep football and really step up but after origin I’ve been wondering where he goes to from here. We need him to lead this side, Maloney can only do so much. Yes it was his first series, he wasn’t expected to set the world on fire or be an instant superstar but we need him to play to the form which warranted his selection in the first place.

How Cleary plays in the next few games will dictate how we go in September.

Our forwards, as depleted as they are, can do the job. We just need better game management and our boys to lift a little and we will win some games.

Agree with all of this.

I thought we saw a glimpse when Cleary stepped up and started controlling the NSW team from about the 60 minute mark in the second half of the final Origin game once it was clear Maloney was busted and that it was up to him.

I guess the other difficulty is going to be working out how they divide responsibility between them on the field. We seemed to get that right before Origin (such as in the Dragons game). Hopefully it continues.

OldPanther

Coach
Agree with all of this.

I thought we saw a glimpse when Cleary stepped up and started controlling the NSW team from about the 60 minute mark in the second half of the final Origin game once it was clear Maloney was busted and that it was up to him.

I guess the other difficulty is going to be working out how they divide responsibility between them on the field. We seemed to get that right before Origin (such as in the Dragons game). Hopefully it continues.

He was definitely great in that Dragons game and when Maloney was needing to step back a little in origin so he clearly has the ability to step up. For some reason he just seems to go into his shell with Maloney around.

Agree with all of this.

I believe James Maloney is holding Nathan back.

GongPanther

Referee

I think the Broncos will miss out. And after conservatively looking at the rest of Easts,Roosters and Panthers draws,I see us taking 4th spot 2 points ahead of those clubs. But yea,two or three wins and we are locked in finals mode.

cain3y

Juniors
How so? They've got Tigers twice and the Eels, Broncs and Raiders (both away which admittedly tougher but I'd still tip Souths). I think these games lock them into Top 4.
Otherwise Storm & Roosters. For our Top 4 chances I'd like to see Rabbits beat the Roosters, or hell, happy dor them to beat the Storm too.
I think these 3 teams will go really hard when playing each other too as the winner will be closer to the minor premiership and the loser to lose again the following week as their confidence will be low.

cain3y

Juniors
I appeciate that it is disappointing how our season is now looking, but there are 7 games left and we need one extra win over the Dragons on the run home just to draw level on number of wins, given that they are already one win in front of us.

So if they win 5/7 and we win 5/7, they finish in front of us regardless of how good our F/A is.

F/A only comes into the equation with us and the Dragons if they win 4/7 and we win 5/7.
Hey tripster just so you know i wasn't having a go at you, can see how it could have looked that way. I just think we are just as good a chance of making the top 4 as is anyone currently in the top 8. Lot of twists and turns still left in this season.

tripster

Juniors
Hey tripster just so you know i wasn't having a go at you, can see how it could have looked that way. I just think we are just as good a chance of making the top 4 as is anyone currently in the top 8. Lot of twists and turns still left in this season.

No worries I didn’t take it that way