What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packer to be deported

Juniors
its heating up.
news .com
ORDINARY Kiwis could decide to boycott Australia in protest against the treatment of detainees, a party leader in New Zealand has suggested.
UNITED Future's Peter Dunne has criticised the Australian government for the "appalling" conditions under which New Zealanders are being held while they wait to be deported.

well you were comparing. not sure on all facts the terrorist fella ya mentioned is he still in gaol and isnt he an australian citizen?? i apologise if im wrong.
i wasn't comparing the situations just highlighting the inequity in the cases overall

sorry mate i got him in the clink till november 2017 and a permanent resident. has he been released?
youre missing the point!like packer he wasn't born here so therefore should be deported as he had been found guilty of a crime and when he tried to leave wasn't allowed to!

FMD.
Change.org petitions can struggle to get taken seriously at the best of times. This one could do with some help in the grammar department and maybe a few more facts + better clarity.

Still, I'll sign... obviously

saints4ever

First Grade
Was thinking the same re looking cheap. And I honestly don't see how petitions are supposed to work. If 30 ppl sign, he won't care, but 3,000 he will?
Still I signed

_Johnsy

Referee
Well if that's the "rider" then why has Former Lance Corporal Ngati Kanohi Te Eke Haapu been detained and waiting to be deported, considering he's been charged with no crime and has served zero time (apart from his current unlawful detention)?

If you choose to buy the lines this Government is selling you then that makes me feel sad for you. It's clear that the minister has very flexible criteria when applying his "character test".

If this govt applied the same criteria to all kiwi's SE QLD would be 5,000+ or so people less. Laughable concept, it won't happen. This is nothing but a PR exercise by a pathetic govt. Packer will be fine.

hewi

Bench
Very good article in the Australian today by Brent Read. I quote, he has immersed himself in his rehabilitation. He has been every inch the model citizen. He has done exactly what the judicial system asked of him. Further, before minister Dutton makes a decision to deport Packer, he should read the judgement of the man who presided over the former NZs appeal.. He needs to talk to the NRL and St George Illawarra. Maybe, he needs to talk to the man himself. Mark my words he will walk away impressed. I did. Packer is intelligent, articulate and deeply committed to his family.
Last paragraph. The federal government is reluctant to make exceptions but one size doesn't fit all. Russell Packer is already making a difference. There's every chance he has already saved lives. Surely that carries some weight in the corridors of Canberra.
Very good article I think he will be ok?

Latest posts