What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers V Raiders

chrisD

Coach
No fundamental changes. Limited as Salmon is he’s got to be the option. Keep the defensive line looking the same.

As a team we need to get better at defending attacking kicks. Not sure if the Raiders will provide much practice.

The Realist

Juniors
Edwards to 5/8, Staines to Fullback.

LOL WHAT!?!? Are you trolling us? Edwards is a very very poor Ball player as far as modern fullbacks go. It is by far his biggest weakness. He has many strengths and he is slowly getting better at ball playing but there is just no way he plays 5/8 unless Panthers literally get bombed at training.

Panfa

Juniors
Salmon is the safest option at 6 he's a big body as opposed to falls.You need someone to stop jack whighton.

Panfa

Juniors
Edwards t'oo tago chrichton may salmon osullivan yeo kikau martin fisher Harris koroisau leota Kenny sorenson leniu eisenhuth.

MugaB

Coach
Edwards t'oo tago chrichton may salmon osullivan yeo kikau martin fisher Harris koroisau leota Kenny sorenson leniu eisenhuth.
I'd probably go with Luke in at 5/8th if Falls is out, but Salmon is the 1st pick naturally due to his role as the utility off the bench and time spent on the field this year, the pawwa game was unfortunate, but its a bit different having a starting pair of halves than a mid game shuffle, I'd expect the boys will lift against the raiders and hopefully critta will return, (hell he could even go to 5/8th, like manu has at the rorters) and have salmon on in centres but thats too much swapping around

Iamback

Coach
No way you move anyone from their normal position this close to finals. Even if Falls isn't fit this side still only concedes 2 tries at most

Edwards
May
Tago
Crichton
To'o
Salmon
O'Sullivan
JFH
Api
Leota
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Kenny
Leinu
Sorensen
C.Smith

Run the attack through Api. Win the game 20-12 or something, go on to the next game

Iamback

Coach
I'd probably go with Luke in at 5/8th if Falls is out, but Salmon is the 1st pick naturally due to his role as the utility off the bench and time spent on the field this year, the pawwa game was unfortunate, but its a bit different having a starting pair of halves than a mid game shuffle, I'd expect the boys will lift against the raiders and hopefully critta will return, (hell he could even go to 5/8th, like manu has at the rorters) and have salmon on in centres but thats too much swapping around

I think you need to make sure the defence is still good. Salmon does that, It does wreck the bench balance

Smug Panther

First Grade
Who is going to cover an injury in the backline?

Our squad has lost so much flexibility over the off season
Smith or any young backrower would do a very comparable job to Salmon at centre. I'd play Jenkins or Turuva in the 17 jersey personally

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Smith or any young backrower would do a very comparable job to Salmon at centre. I'd play Jenkins or Turuva in the 18 jersey personally

We have a 31 year old and 28 year old Smith as backrowers in NSW Cup though. Hardly set up to have guys just slide into that role

martielang

Bench
Salmon is a walk up start for 6. People let their preconceptions of a player get in the way of giving a balanced opinion / fair assessment of a players actual performance. I dare say he'll be our best 6 since Preston Campbell.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Salmon is a walk up start for 6. People let their preconceptions of a player get in the way of giving a balanced opinion / fair assessment of a players actual performance. I dare say he'll be our best 6 since Preston Campbell.
How dare you overlook Travis Burns like that!

CCJohnC

Juniors
No way you move anyone from their normal position this close to finals. Even if Falls isn't fit this side still only concedes 2 tries at most

Edwards
May
Tago
Crichton
To'o
Salmon
O'Sullivan
JFH
Api
Leota
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Kenny
Leinu
Sorensen
C.Smith

Run the attack through Api. Win the game 20-12 or something, go on to the next game
Don't forget Eisenhuth and Lindsay Smith good size forwards.

Latest posts