What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers's Terminate Cleary's Contract

Fmd, what a dumb f**k thing to say Albert . . . there is a line you can't cross

It was alleged at the time that Ben Alexander was depressed when he went out drinking that fateful night. Ben was depressed because of the way Gould treated him.

When he was SoO coach, Gould was notorious in the SoO camp for his dressing down of players.

--Storm--

Juniors
Good call by Gus and the Panthers. Cleary has a 49% win strike rate as coach from a large sample of games. Over a long career he has never quite delivered

His never had a great roster like Bennett or Bellamy so its unfair to compare to be fair.

Andrew Johns has had psychological issues for years. Gould dealt with these issues by publicly humiliating the champion Andrew Johns in SoO camp. Gould is a clueless, nasty and insensitive bastard.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It was alleged at the time that Ben Alexander was depressed when he went out drinking that fateful night. Ben was depressed because of the way Gould treated him.

When he was SoO coach, Gould was notorious in the SoO camp for his dressing down of players.

Stick to talking about competitions no one cares about, old pal. You're talking some fearfully dumb shit here.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Andrew Johns has had psychological issues for years. Gould dealt with these issues by publicly humiliating the champion Andrew Johns in SoO camp. Gould is a clueless, nasty and insensitive bastard.

Yet when he had his breakdown Gould was one of the 1st he called? When he decided to speak to the media and public, he went through Phil Gould to do it?

How short?

As short as his chin?

10313356_250921051762425_3100975627090606926_n.jpg

Ouuuuuuuuuchhhhhhh

et_1474485b.jpg

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
:shock: It really is deeply concerning to me that you think of me as "scum"

After all, we are on a Rugby League Internet forum. It's the be all and end all of who we are as people.

Thank you for your post. I will print it and staple it to my résumé.

Moreover I will show it to all my friends and family so that they can see that some guy in an Internet forum has asserted that I am "scum" and they must feel the same.

I'm looking forward to using you as a character reference! Can I please?

The caliber of your talents should never be under-utilised!

You are seriously a f**king idiot...

Pantherjim.

Referee
Ben Alexander didn't play in the 1991 Grand Final. He was on the bench along with John Cartwright, Brad Izzard, and Anthony Xeureb. The plan was for Alexander to come on for Simmons as had been happening in previous matches, but Royce had a blinder and Gould left him on. In the event, only Cartwright and Izzard were used.

:roll:

He was still in the 1991 FG squad at the Grand Final.

It's irrelevant whether he was used or not.

roofromoz

First Grade
I thought that Cleary had one of the more secure tenures in the NRL... that theory was blown out of the water. Hoping for Brennan to get a shot, but the reality is that it will probably be Griffin.

JJ

Immortal

I'm fine with people liking or disliking Gould, but seriously you don't have a clue, so why keep writing this jibberish?

Surprised you didn't start with "All Australians dislike Gould because...."

TheFrog

Coach
There's more to it than that.

Boods was also denied a 91' premiership blazer despite playing in the GF.
He was still in the 1991 FG squad at the Grand Final.

It's irrelevant whether he was used or not.

I honestly don't know what you are getting at here. One minute you say he played in the GF, and when corrected it isn't relevant. Isn't relevant to what? Cleary being shown the door?

Of course Ben Alexander isn't relevant to Cleary being shown the door. And if Ben didn't get a blazer its poor form by the club.

I would be surprised if Cleary hasn't informed the club that 2016 would be his final year, and thus he was sacked in order to preserve harmony in the squad next season.

ACTPanthers

Bench
There's is waaaaay too much f**ktard in this thread...

Griffin will be a shit replacement if true - It's going to be a frustrating season next year

Ibleedblue

Juniors
Griffin isn't a bad replacement, he is a decent coach and is very good with working with young players like what Penrith have at the moment. He deserves a second go at NRL level.

Wizardman

First Grade
There's more to it than that.

Boods was also denied a 91' premiership blazer despite playing in the GF.

But I'm not suggesting Gould should be held accountable for his death either.

All I'm saying is that Gould has made decisions that has negatively impacted on the club in the past, now it looks as if he's made another.

Nice attempt to clean up your shit comments......not working pal ;)

typicalfan

Coach
The main issue with Cleary going is losing the kiwi connection. Guys like Taylor signed because of Ivan. Might follow.