What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Future / 3P - Move on

Gronk

Staff member
FFS... having trouble reading the first post in the thread? :lol:

Again, why do you think we have a right to an essay-length explanation of someone's extra-curricular choices? At the end of the day Col has never held a position and is just a member here (and supporter of our club) like you or me.

And the quite lengthy post Col made is more than sufficient imo. You've since posted that you wish him well, so I'm not sure what your issue is... social isolation perhaps?

Dumbest post today. Gold star Bart.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Well that's what you get when you withdraw your candidacy without explanation. Even Bob Gare is speculating ..

Col's passion was never in doubt. I could see that he was a good guy. Heart on his sleeve etc and wish him well.

There is absolutely no speculation Gronk, Col stepped back because I asked him too. We had long discussions last week, and Col agreed on every point I put to him. The hours put in for his senior management position, and what he was trying to acheive for 3P shows the measure of the bloke, but something was going to give. You cannot perform at any level without sleep, and the weekends were being spent catching up up on his work committments. Col's passion for this joint is second to none, but he had to make a decision, and I made it for him, as his family and his health are the number one factors in why I asked him to step back. Col is 32 years old and will without a doubt be involved in the future, but for the time being we will discuss matters as we have over the weekend and today, and will continue to up to the election. I know Col has some dissappointment, but I made the decision, and I will take the responsibility. Finally Gronk, Col's beautiful wife Kristy has supported Col from day one on this, but even supportive wives have the right to get the sh*ts occassionally, even though we dont deserve it. I am guilty as charge for bringing this decision to Col, but please admire and respect his decision.
Sevens.

bartman

Immortal
There is absolutely no speculation Gronk, Col stepped back because I asked him too. We had long discussions last week, and Col agreed on every point I put to him. The hours put in for his senior management position, and what he was trying to acheive for 3P shows the measure of the bloke, but something was going to give. You cannot perform at any level without sleep, and the weekends were being spent catching up up on his work committments. Col's passion for this joint is second to none, but he had to make a decision, and I made it for him, as his family and his health are the number one factors in why I asked him to step back. Col is 32 years old and will without a doubt be involved in the future, but for the time being we will discuss matters as we have over the weekend and today, and will continue to up to the election. I know Col has some dissappointment, but I made the decision, and I will take the responsibility. Finally Gronk, Col's beautiful wife Kristy has supported Col from day one on this, but even supportive wives have the right to get the sh*ts occassionally, even though we dont deserve it. I am guilty as charge for bringing this decision to Col, but please admire and respect his decision.
Sevens.
Cheers Terry.

More info than I personally think was needed. But at least it will stop people speculating unfairly.

See you in the Election sticky thread when you've got other 3P info to share http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=318320

junior009

Juniors
3P have promised to be transparent. Doesn't get any more transparent than that Terry. Thanks for your openness.

Stagger eel

Staff member
3P have promised to be transparent. Doesn't get any more transparent than that Terry. Thanks for your openness.

in 2007 Geoff Gerard replaced Peter Miller on both the leagues club and football club boards, there wasn't even a smiggen of explanation as to why on either the official website.

transperancy is a major key in this campaign.

fish eel

Immortal
Cheers Terry.

More info than I personally think was needed. But at least it will stop people speculating unfairly.

See you in the Election sticky thread when you've got other 3P info to share http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=318320

Speculation was understandable given this happened after noms closed and after the ballot draw tbh.

All concerned could have handled it better by sorting it prior to Friday IMO, but atleast Terry has now provided some background.

bartman

Immortal
Speculation was understandable given this happened after noms closed and after the ballot draw tbh.

All concerned could have handled it better by sorting it prior to Friday IMO, but atleast Terry has now provided some background.
I didn't really see an issue tbh.

I dare say that Owen Cade or Rochelle Sivewright won't be called to account personally on here about why they didn't campaign, if they decide to not put anything in the public domain after being nominated? They might be ridiculed for not campaigning, but there wouldn't be the (unfair) expectation of a full online explanation.

Col wants to remain involved here beyond 3P and election stuff, and was up front beyond expectations in my view by posting what he felt comfortable to post. He could have quite easily withdrew from the elections and just never posted anything here again, and we'd have been none the wiser...

Suitman

Post Whore

I dare say that Owen Cade or Rochelle Sivewright won't be called to account personally on here about why they didn't campaign, if they decide to not put anything in the public domain after being nominated? They might be ridiculed for not campaigning, but there wouldn't be the (unfair) expectation of a full online explanation.

Col wants to remain involved here beyond 3P and election stuff, and was up front beyond expectations in my view by posting what he felt comfortable to post. He could have quite easily withdrew from the elections and just never posted anything here again, and we'd have been none the wiser...

Yes, but that wouldn't be good enough for some. :roll:

He could have just said..."I'm not running anymore and mind your own f**king business."
Some people will never be happy.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Sevens.

Thanks for the update 7's.

fish eel

Immortal

Disagree on that regard.

Firstly, running dead like that is a bit different to nominating and then within a couple of days of the ballot draw come onto the forum and say you're not running.

If either of those candidates came you mentioned came online, said they've nominated but won't be campaiging, I'm sure some things would be said. If one puts themselves out there, one deals with the consequences.

Also, all candidates will be called to account when members cast their vote . If they choose to not campaign, that will be reflected in how well they do.

Yeah, he could have but he didnt. I wish him well, as I'm sure everyone does.

I just found his actions strange and dont see any problem with asking why. It's not about calling anyone to account, he can say/post whatever he wants. It was more about getting clarification which I dont think is an unfair thing to ask.

Call me sceptical, but I cant help but think there is more to it given the timing, but hey, it's all done and dusted now.

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
Good on ya Colin. I am proud to be your big brother tiger!!! Now you have some time to spare please give me a call so I can organise a Birthday present for Lachlan. Thanks Rod