What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra Future / 3P - Move on

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
fair enough i'll cop that - i guess previous history has us all gun shy with certain comments.

Don't want to turn this thread into a KRudd "sh*t Storm" - so Best Wishes Colin, From All (Most) of us :D

Getting back to the Ballot there for a second, I don't have the complete card.

But I do know.

Alan Overton got Position 1.
Chris Jurd is in the top 7 IIRC Position 6.
I have heard conflicting stories about Jenifer Foongs position, some say she is P2 others not.
I do know that there is member of 3P in the top 7, It is either Bob Gare or Robert Sassan.
There is a Female Candidate in the top 7 who has not been mentioned as being for 3P.
There are 19 candidates, so if Col pulls out that will make 18.

bartman

Immortal
The thread I was looki8ng for to make a follow-up post in seems to have disappeared in the past week or two... so I guess this is as good a place as any?

Just wanted to say that I did confirm that the two pages that MITS posted in that thread from hios copy of the 2007 FC constition match the same two pages in my copy of the 2008 FC constitution.

This was in relation to working out whether it was possible for a constitutional change to have occured between 2006/7 and the 2008 FC AGM regarding the CEO's vote on the FC Board. The conclusion therefore is that any change to the constitution required to give the CEO a vote on the FC Board occured in 2006 or earlier, as no notice of a proposal to change the constitution has been received by members since the 2008 FC AGM.

Thanks.

Suitman

Post Whore

But I do know.

I have heard conflicting stories about Jenifer Foongs position, some say she is P2 others not.
I do know that there is member of 3P in the top 7, It is either Bob Gare or Robert Sassan.
There is a Female Candidate in the top 7 who has not been mentioned as being for 3P.

Thanks Mark.

Suity

BTW, if you don't have a card, how do you know all this?

Last edited:

Bob Gare

Juniors
I would like to publicly wish Col and his young family all the best. Col was a great member of the 3 P team, however with the position he holds in his company and the work that is happening behinds the scenes in the 3P camp can take a toll on your life.
As I said Col has a young family and just maybe he re-evaluated his time and thought that his family should come first. I give him full credit for that.
As many of you have seen Col is on this site at the weirdest hours, the guy is very passionate but work, family and 3P take its toll.
I fully support his decision and Col we will catch up for a beer very soon.

The thread I was looki8ng for to make a follow-up post in seems to have disappeared in the past week or two... so I guess this is as good a place as any?

Just wanted to say that I did confirm that the two pages that MITS posted in that thread from hios copy of the 2007 FC constition match the same two pages in my copy of the 2008 FC constitution.

This was in relation to working out whether it was possible for a constitutional change to have occured between 2006/7 and the 2008 FC AGM regarding the CEO's vote on the FC Board. The conclusion therefore is that any change to the constitution required to give the CEO a vote on the FC Board occured in 2006 or earlier, as no notice of a proposal to change the constitution has been received by members since the 2008 FC AGM.

Thanks.

Thanks for that follow up Bart.

I have had it confirmed to be orally, that the Rule in question, 36d, has been on the books since the Football Club was incorporated in 1982 but was updated in 1986 when the Position of Secretary was Renamed as Chief Executive.

fish eel

Immortal

But I do know.

Got a candidate list?

Bob Gare

Juniors
Hey Jess, as i said a finer bloke you could not meet. I have three adult children and i know what Col would have been going through. The workload is enormous.
The 3p team will forge ahead and Col will never be forgotten from our ranks and i hope the people on this site.

bartman

Immortal
I would like to publicly wish Col and his young family all the best. Col was a great member of the 3 P team, however with the position he holds in his company and the work that is happening behinds the scenes in the 3P camp can take a toll on your life.
As I said Col has a young family and just maybe he re-evaluated his time and thought that his family should come first. I give him full credit for that.
As many of you have seen Col is on this site at the weirdest hours, the guy is very passionate but work, family and 3P take its toll.
I fully support his decision and Col we will catch up for a beer very soon.
Welcome back Bob.

I'm sure Col's choices about his voluntary activities shouldn't need defending to most of his fellow Parra fans... ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Definietly Bob. The effort Col has gone to to communicate with fans and members over the past 6 or so months is very commendable in my opinion.

Gronk

Staff member
oh dear .... poor Col can't make a single post without it being pulled apart :?

Well that's what you get when you withdraw your candidacy without explanation. Even Bob Gare is speculating ..

and just maybe he re-evaluated his time and thought that his family should come first.

Col's passion was never in doubt. I could see that he was a good guy. Heart on his sleeve etc and wish him well.