What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra team for the Lee Hopkins shield.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Got to agree ron, until hages makes some changes this team wont improve, they all know they are safe and wont get dropped, so they have nothing to play for and have no pressure on them to keep their spots. Very dissapointed in Hagan, i thought he was better than that.

The Colonel

Immortal
As above.

With injuries to Ben Smith, Cordoba, Inu and the loss of Tim Smith I can understand the selections. Particularly given that five of those players will, with some luck, back up from Friday night. While bringing in some of the lower graders may be an advantage, if we happen to lose Mateo, Hindmarsh or Robinson the team will be short on experience for a CRUCIAL game. Moimoi or Riddell should move back to the bench as there is less than 20 games experience there at the moment. A win on Saturday is important and will go a long way to helping people feel a lot better about some selections IMO.

I think the statement from MITS that he attributes to Tim Mannah is rather poignant. The gap between NYC and NSW Cup seems a lot bigger for the forwards as opposed to the backs. That gap will only be bigger from NYC to firsts. While the team is playing how it is I don't think it is time to blood the likes of Mannah, Baumann, Robinson or Williams.

Kris K has the added advantage of having played a good part of last season in Premier League and I would like too see some of the better performers in NSW Cup given a leg up ahead of the likes of Paulo, Wagon, Lowrie, Reddy and Hauraki. But as I haven't seen them play this year I rely on the information I have from here to make those calls.

IMO we should be looking at Grehan, Horo, Brod Wright, Galuvao and if he can continue to play well Justin Horo. Mannah and company should be getting plenty of game time in NSW Cup as well. Oake has earned his spot with some good displays from what I have heard. Lets hope a few others get the same chance.

Gronk

Staff member
Got to agree ron, until hages makes some changes this team wont improve, they all know they are safe and wont get dropped, so they have nothing to play for and have no pressure on them to keep their spots. Very dissapointed in Hagan, i thought he was better than that.

I would think that many of them are on their last chance.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I would think that many of them are on their last chance.

How many chances do they need?

Why have we persisted with Reddy in the centres and not tautai his natural position, why play him out of position, it will just confuse the bloke in defense and attack.

I would've put Tony Williams in the centres, we need more strike outwide, Joel is a gimp.

Eric better f**king perform too.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
As above.

With injuries to Ben Smith, Cordoba, Inu and the loss of Tim Smith I can understand the selections. Particularly given that five of those players will, with some luck, back up from Friday night. While bringing in some of the lower graders may be an advantage, if we happen to lose Mateo, Hindmarsh or Robinson the team will be short on experience for a CRUCIAL game. Moimoi or Riddell should move back to the bench as there is less than 20 games experience there at the moment. A win on Saturday is important and will go a long way to helping people feel a lot better about some selections IMO.

I think the statement from MITS that he attributes to Tim Mannah is rather poignant. The gap between NYC and NSW Cup seems a lot bigger for the forwards as opposed to the backs. That gap will only be bigger from NYC to firsts. While the team is playing how it is I don't think it is time to blood the likes of Mannah, Baumann, Robinson or Williams.

Kris K has the added advantage of having played a good part of last season in Premier League and I would like too see some of the better performers in NSW Cup given a leg up ahead of the likes of Paulo, Wagon, Lowrie, Reddy and Hauraki. But as I haven't seen them play this year I rely on the information I have from here to make those calls.

IMO we should be looking at Grehan, Horo, Brod Wright, Galuvao and if he can continue to play well Justin Horo. Mannah and company should be getting plenty of game time in NSW Cup as well. Oake has earned his spot with some good displays from what I have heard. Lets hope a few others get the same chance.

Some good points in there, particularly relating to NYC forwards. I do think that Matt Keating has shown that he needs more game time. And I am still not convinced on Finch, even with what the stats say. He may suit our current style of play but our current style of play needs to be overhauled.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
As above.

Mannah, Williams should be plaing Premier league every game, instead we have f**king Todd lowrie occupying spots.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
How many chances do they need?

Why have we persisted with Reddy in the centres and not tautai his natural position, why play him out of position, it will just confuse the bloke in defense and attack.

I would've put Tony Williams in the centres, we need more strike outwide, Joel is a gimp.

Eric better f**king perform too.

If I was Etu Uaisele I would be a little upset about not getting a chance. He was in good form at the start of the season and I think Tautai/Uaisele is better than Reddy/Tautai.

The Colonel

Immortal

I'd have gone with a different centre to Reddy but Williams is far from ready at this point. Ben Smith will be back soon with some luck and if not Grehan or Horo should be selected. Uiasele would also be a good chance as well.

Williams needs more than 15 minutes of impact in NYC to prove he is ready for first grade.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'd have gone with a different centre to Reddy but Williams is far from ready at this point. Ben Smith will be back soon with some luck and if not Grehan or Horo should be selected.

Williams needs more than 15 minutes of impact in NYC to prove he is ready for first grade.

I think promoting him will bring out his best.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If I was Etu Uaisele I would be a little upset about not getting a chance. He was in good form at the start of the season and I think Tautai/Uaisele is better than Reddy/Tautai.

Agree

Also, if Burt doesn't find that form this week Hayne should take over his role, rds are starting to get away from us we need to take action.

Also Guys, there is no Wenty game this week with the split round so no chance of "Playing them Elseware".

To Avengers Comment about Williams, if he wore a cape on Saturday Night it might of made me notice him a little more apart from the Odd tackle and run.

The Colonel

Immortal
What the f*ck does Williams need to do , wear a cape ?

Maybe. Or maybe he might start playing more than fifteen minutes each week. If what MITS says is true and he couldn't standout for Wenty and I have no doubt it isn't - which would have been an opportunity to push for first grade selection - then what hope does he have of standing out in first grade.

Sure he may make the step up and may see the push into first grade as a better opportunity but you can't just wait for them to pick you.

Karl Filiga at the Sharks and Tony Williams have been compared to SBW in the past. But at least Sonny Bill was making it hard for Steve Folkes not to pick him in first grade in 2004.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Still can't believe M Keating isn't starting, we look a much better team with him out there. And it looks like KK won't get another run and our halves will have to back up 2 nights in a row :? And how Wagon cracks a starting spot completely astounds me.

Latest posts