What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra team for the Lee Hopkins shield.

Hutchy86

Juniors
I feel sick looking at that side.. & I'm almost certain Penriff will flog us
why oh why is Wagon still in there?!?!:crazy:](*,):crazy:](*,)

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hagan has been known to wring the "last minute" changes you know...

Whether our city/country players are able to back up 24 hours later will be seen. We all know Hindy will have his 2 best games on Friday and then Saturday. They say that halves find the club game following a rep game that much easier because the pace of the game is slower - so that's great news for Finch.
We'll see on the others.

But when all is said and done, I really wouldn't be surprised to see KK starting at 5/8, or at least on the bench alongside MK. (Mateo takes the first 20 and then goes to the pack for the remainder)

forward pass

Coach
Can someone explain why Lee Hopkins gets a shield named after him?

I just don't get it ! It sounds incredibly lame !

Avenger

Immortal
To Avengers Comment about Williams, if he wore a cape on Saturday Night it might of made me notice him a little more apart from the Odd tackle and run.

Are you trying to tell me that off the bench he would not offer more to this one dimesional side then Wagon or Lowrie ?

He would be on the bench for any other NRL side.

You sung the same tune re: Mateo and were proved wrong. You will be proved wrong again.

The Colonel

Immortal

You sung the same tune re: Mateo and were proved wrong. You will be proved wrong again.

I, like MITS, would love to be proved wrong. Sure as hell don't want a talented player like Williams going to waste. But the thing is he should be dominating the lower grades - NYC especially - and to top that he didn't even take the opportunity given to him on the weekend.

Mateo did at least pull his socks up and put forward a case to be selected.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Brad Drew Cup perhaps Stagger?

As for the gap between NYC and First Grade with regards to forwards. Joseph Paulo went great on his First Grade debut straight from the NYC.

Avenger

Immortal
I, like MITS, would love to be proved wrong. Sure as hell don't want a talented player like Williams going to waste. But the thing is he should be dominating the lower grades - NYC especially - and to top that he didn't even take the opportunity given to him on the weekend.

Mateo did at least pull his socks up and put forward a case to be selected.

Some players rise to the occasion. Did you know that Hindmarsh was quite ordinary in the lower grades but Brian Smith saw something special and the rest is history.

I believe players like Tony Williams can do the same.

Avenger

Immortal
Brad Drew Cup perhaps Stagger?

As for the gap between NYC and First Grade with regards to forwards. Joseph Paulo went great on his First Grade debut straight from the NYC.

Will you be pissed when he signs for us next season ?

Y2Eel

First Grade
1 Luke Burt Needs to get involved more or get on the wing
2 Taulima Tautai Should Play at centre while reddy on the wing
3 Joel Reddy
4 Jarryd Hayne Needs to get involved more
5 Eric Grothe
6 Feleti Mateo Isnt a 5/8 Needs a 5/8 to run off...
7 Brett Finch
8 Nathan Cayless
9 Mark Riddell Shouldnt start ahead of the best player for us this year..
10 Fuifui Moimoi Should start on the bench
11 Hindmarsh
12 Wagon
13 Robinson Wagon Robinson and Lowrie all the same type of player and the team only needs 1!!!

14 M Keats
15 Brendon Oake
16 Weller Hauraki
17 Junior paulo Should start ahead of MOI MOI
18 K Keats Should be 5/8
19 Todd Lowrie Avg player but no need for 3 of the same avg player..

Boring team will be lucky to score 20 points Especially with players backing up from friday...

Are you trying to tell me that off the bench he would not offer more to this one dimesional side then Wagon or Lowrie ?

MITS and Colonel, what do we have to lose by throwing Tony Williams on the bench?

Off the bench he may offer something, but at the moment he is playing Centre come Second Row, now do you want to get Rid of Matt Keating to put him in? If not then you going after a forward and at the moment we are trying to get some forwards to go forward and defend, True that Junior and Weller are not going as well as they could but I don't think tony would add the minutes that these boys do. He might spend that time on the park but how much of the time will be actually play.

He Played Great against Manly, in the last 20 when he actually decided to play.

As to Feleti. What are you smoking? we all rated his Raw talent and skills, but only at the end of 2006 did "Tickets" Start to prove what he said about himself true. He then came into grade and has started to fill out that potential. However I think if he had put in the hard work earlier, he could have made it back into grade much earlier and may not have had to go to London.

fish eel

Immortal
Off the bench he may offer something, but at the moment he is playing Centre come Second Row, now do you want to get Rid of Matt Keating to put him in? If not then you going after a forward and at the moment we are trying to get some forwards to go forward and defend, True that Junior and Weller are not going as well as they could but I don't think tony would add the minutes that these boys do. He might spend that time on the park but how much of the time will be actually play.

He Played Great against Manly, in the last 20 when he actually decided to play.

As to Feleti. What are you smoking? we all rated his Raw talent and skills, but only at the end of 2006 did "Tickets" Start to prove what he said about himself true. He then came into grade and has started to fill out that potential. However I think if he had put in the hard work earlier, he could have made it back into grade much earlier and may not have had to go to London.

I would have put Williams on the bench, sent wagon to wenty and given wellar a shot at starting.

The most disappointing thing, to me, about this side is that I have a strong recollection that Hagan that he was quoted after the nth qld loss as saying players were underperforming, and if things didnt change, there'd be changes? I'd be happy to be corrected on that if I'm wrong, but here we are, two disappointing efforts at HOME following that Cowboys match and no real changes....

Perhaps we needed another bye to give hagan another week to get a clue seeing as he said himself he couldnt face up if we didnt have that bye last week.....

Bow_rider

Juniors
Can someone please tell me who from our 14,15.16.17 will make an impact when they go on.Piggy and Fui must start on the bench.We have too many players that are one dimensional

I really think we will struggle this week, we have in the past after the bye and with 5 players backing up from Friday if they even play, plus the Panthers are going good. Gee I hope we win but it will be a be struggle.
6 pts after 8 rounds makes things hard from here.