What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parra vs manly rnd 3

Gronk

Staff member
I don't rate Allgood either.

Both struggle to bend the line. You can throw Ben Smith in with them as well.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Gower doesn't have the same upside as Allgood because he's a lot older but at least you know what you're gonna get out of him.

Yardage was hard against Manly but the point is he made them, more than ffmm more than terepo, so despite his start that deserves some acknowledgement

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Terepo made decent metres against Manly, and making tough carries which hasn't been part of his game in first grade. Twelve runs for 96 metres.

Fui was gash, once again, although he played limited minutes so he can't really be judged on this game.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Moimoi should be dropped. I'd put in Ualesi. I watched him yesterday. He is very good and better than Santi even though I have a huge wrap on Santi.

Forty20

First Grade
I think you mentioned it elsewhere Poups but Terepo's kickoff returns were the standout aspect of his game yesterday. Brutal stuff.

He has shown previously that he can smash it up the middle at considerable pace as well as displaying deceptive agility for a prop/central backrower. He is also one of the hardest hitters in front-on tackles in our team.

There have been plenty of tantalising glimpses of quality from Terepo but he needs to start bringing it all together now as well as upping his workrate. Then he will be a big asset to our team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, he's a little bit undersized for a prop but so powerful. I love him off the bench, especially paired with a worker/wrestler like Lussick or Allgood. Plus a central ball-player like Paulo or Edwards.

Thing is, with everyone available, there mightn't be room in the top 17 for Peni Terepo. Mannah, Lussick, Junior Paulo, probably Mossop. There's a fair argument for letting go of Mannah at the end of the year. If we keep him that leaves Allgood and Terepo in reserve grade. That's a lot of money tied up in the number five and six props. Plus there's Alvaro, Ualesi and Pauli.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Moimoi should be dropped. I'd put in Ualesi. I watched him yesterday. He is very good and better than Santi even though I have a huge wrap on Santi.

I think we want Ualesi as an 80 minute player through the middle. The workhorse backrower.

I boldly failed by predicting he'd be our starting lock - was going on the assumption we wouldn't bother playing Ben Smith at all, and would have Edwards playing on the edges.
To be fair, we looked a heckuva lot more likely once Ben Smith went off the field yesterday, and apart from his 'veterenship' I don't think he offers anything compared to the blokes who were on the bench.

I'd go with the same team against Penrith though - we stuck it to them pretty well.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yeah, he's a little bit undersized for a prop but so powerful. I love him off the bench, especially paired with a worker/wrestler like Lussick or Allgood. Plus a central ball-player like Paulo or Edwards.

Thing is, with everyone available, there mightn't be room in the top 17 for Peni Terepo. Mannah, Lussick, Junior Paulo, probably Mossop. There's a fair argument for letting go of Mannah at the end of the year. If we keep him that leaves Allgood and Terepo in reserve grade. That's a lot of money tied up in the number five and six props. Plus there's Alvaro, Ualesi and Pauli.

It's tough! But you're right, salary cap management is about picking the right guys on minimum contracts to round out the squad (whether young guys being upgraded from 20s deals, or vets looking for a new start [Gower]).

Forty20

First Grade
I don't think you were too far off with your Ualesi prediction, omc.

He is playing very well for Wenty, albeit on the right-edge and would be one of the players closest to a call up.

Gronk

Staff member
BjeAYTuCYAAjmuN.jpg

Western Weekender ‏@wwpenrith 9m Round 3 #NRL judiciary charges pic.twitter.com/iqzrmP5zFB

Forty20

First Grade
Unsurprisingly, Radradra had nothing to answer to...

I'm glad they caught the King shoulder charge (which I thought was quite obvious at the time) even if the merkins in pink missed it on the field.

Gronk

Staff member
King got charged for the shoulder charge that they al said was nothing.

Meanwhile, Semi didn't get charged, yet was put on report. As a consequence, we lost the game.

#boo

Y2Eel

First Grade
I just saw the King shoulder wondered why it was missed but then remembered Maxwell!!

T.S Quint

Coach
How was Semi not charged for that incredibly dangerous and definitely reportable offense of tapping DCE on the chin?

There has got to be an investigation!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Weird thing to bring up now, but when Hoppa got bundled over the touchline (near their goaline) in the 2nd half, I could have sworn Peta Hiku came in and led with the shoulder to generate the momentum to push him sideways.

Just me?

Latest posts