What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parra vs manly rnd 3

Noise

Coach
Media outlets are claiming hayne could be facing a 10k fine for claiming the reffing as disgraceful. I'm not sure what needs to be done for us to be given a fair go on the field.

Lets pass the hat around at the game next week. We should be able to get 20grand if everyone chucks in $2 each. Will cover him for yesterday and the next time the refs deserve a spray

Gronk

Staff member
Very frustrating yesterday. Whilst we were ill-disciplined, I thought we got the rough end of the pineapple a few times.

There was some very sloppy service going on out there. How the f**k can we expect to get momentum if the first or second receiver has to jump in the air to catch the ball. Happened two many times to be forgiven.

BTW Gower is no better than Corey Pearson.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Does anyone know if it is true, the video ref can't rule on a high tackle unless it is a reportable offence?

If that is the case, there should not have been any penalty given for semi tackle of cherry as it wasn't placed on report - thus we get the ball back and go on to win

Noise

Coach
Does anyone know if it is true, the video ref can't rule on a high tackle unless it is a reportable offence?

If that is the case, there should not have been any penalty given for semi tackle of cherry as it wasn't placed on report - thus we get the ball back and go on to win

He was placed on report

spiderdan

Bench
Media outlets are claiming hayne could be facing a 10k fine for claiming the reffing as disgraceful. I'm not sure what needs to be done for us to be given a fair go on the field.
hayne and any other player using the refs as the reason for losing need to let go. if the coach wants to whine in public about refs to try put a bit of pressure on them to give us favourable calls then whatever. but as a player and captain, hayne needs to put it aside and get on with it. not just for his own game but for the team as well.

if hayne uses the refs as an excuse then the other players will think it's ok to use as well. they should just be focusing on what they have ability to influence.

IFR33K

Coach

IFR33K

Coach

Yes it's true. Video ref only gets involved if it's a reportable offense. Semi was placed on report, I doubt semi will be cited, unless of course the nrl warrents it, so refs aren't to look like geese.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I just watched the game earlier this morning as I had to work yesterday arvo. My thoughts were:

Why were the Manly players not penalised for incorrect play the ball a la Gower?
How on earth did Kelly butcher that opportunity early in the first half???

That was the game right there.

The Manly blokes played it sideways in that last set didn't he?

But Kelly not only butchered that try, he packaged it, gave it away for free and home delivered it for Manly.
My goodness, he thinks about it 5 times, waits for the Manly bloke to catch up, makes sure he cannot possible do anything except pass it to the Manly bloke, and then does so.

We're in dire need of a halfback and a goalkicker, and I do NOT want Sandow back in first grade ever. The defensive line can't live with him in it. Paging somebody, anybody??

T.S Quint

Coach

It was put on report.
But that just makes the situation all the more ridiculous - there's no way Semi's tackle was a reportable offence. He gave a falling player a slap in the face. No stiff arm. No malice.

Admittedly, we got a penalty in the first half when Fui was hit high by a Manly player's shoulder, but even that was more reportable than Semi's one.

Joely01

Bench
That was the game right there.

The Manly blokes played it sideways in that last set didn't he?

But Kelly not only butchered that try, he packaged it, gave it away for free and home delivered it for Manly.
My goodness, he thinks about it 5 times, waits for the Manly bloke to catch up, makes sure he cannot possible do anything except pass it to the Manly bloke, and then does so.

We're in dire need of a halfback and a goalkicker, and I do NOT want Sandow back in first grade ever. The defensive line can't live with him in it. Paging somebody, anybody??

Sandow needs a shot, for mine he is the answer, his kicking game is superior to kelly, he can goal kick and has a superior all round attacking game.
His defense has improved as well.

Latest posts