What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parra vs manly rnd 3

oldmancraigy

Coach
King got charged for the shoulder charge that they al said was nothing.

Meanwhile, Semi didn't get charged, yet was put on report. As a consequence, we lost the game.

#boo

We also lost the game because the didn't penalize the bloke for playing the ball sideways in that final set.
And then didn't penalize them for tackling Tonga without the ball.

Gronk

Staff member
How was Semi not charged for that incredibly dangerous and definitely reportable offense of tapping DCE on the chin?

There has got to be an investigation!

Sterlo said that he heard them tell DCE to stay down. Ref should have told the Manly merkins that he will leave it to the match review committee.

#milked

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'm actually a tiny bit surprised that Glenn Stewart didn't get charged? He leapt off his feet and his shoulder contacted Fui in the head.

I think Fui lay down (he tends to milk a penalty every time his head gets touched - he's rather good at it) - but even still, if a bloke leaps and contacts the head, it's at least careless, and possible reckless?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
BjeAYTuCYAAjmuN.jpg

Western Weekender ‏@wwpenrith 9m Round 3 #NRL judiciary charges pic.twitter.com/iqzrmP5zFB

james tedesco's head is very popular

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm actually a tiny bit surprised that Glenn Stewart didn't get charged? He leapt off his feet and his shoulder contacted Fui in the head.

I think Fui lay down (he tends to milk a penalty every time his head gets touched - he's rather good at it) - but even still, if a bloke leaps and contacts the head, it's at least careless, and possible reckless?

Dunno about the Fui thing. Sure he tends to get put it on a bit in some tackles, but he was hit pretty hard in the head by Stewart's shoulder.
That would have kept a lot of players down.

Delboy

First Grade
Interesting comment from Gibbsy on 2UE tonight, said that maxwells decision to go,upstairs on semis tackle on DCE was disgraceful, he said not only was it wrong but he only did after pressure from the Manly side. He apparently said. I have made the decision , now play on -- then made a bad decision to refer it under pressure from Lyon and Watmough. Once it went to the video ref and a penalty awarded it had to go on report and was so wrong it was not funny. That went on to give Manly possession and field position that should not have occurred, and Parra could have run time out. Never heard him so critical of a ref that helped Moanly

Maxwell is such a poor ref, hope he gets sanctioned but it wasn't bring back the 2 points

Interesting comment from Gibbsy on 2UE tonight, said that maxwells decision to go,upstairs on semis tackle on DCE was disgraceful, he said not only was it wrong but he only did after pressure from the Manly side. He apparently said. I have made the decision , now play on -- then made a bad decision to refer it under pressure from Lyon and Watmough. Once it went to the video ref and a penalty awarded it had to go on report and was so wrong it was not funny. That went on to give Manly possession and field position that should not have occurred, and Parra could have run time out. Never heard him so critical of a ref that helped Moanly

Maxwell is such a poor ref, hope he gets sanctioned but it wasn't bring back the 2 points

On the Fox replay (which sometimes has clearer audio than the original broadcast), what I got was similar to what you describe. Initially Maxwell was happy to play on, and seemed to say that even after some Manly guys complained, but then when he gave the video review he said words to the effect of 'there's the video review you wanted boys'*. I'm not suggesting that he did that in response to them whingeing, I reckon the touchie or other ref might have signallled / called it in...possibly in response to similar sooking (but I don't know this for a fact......just how I read the interchange).

*maybe his actual words were something that just sounded exactly like that

Last edited:

Daneel

Bench
Wasn't maxwell the video ref that said pat Richards had stepped out before getting hit high when clearly he didn't step out until after he got hit? He is a dead set merkin maxwell should be reffing the under 8s this week

Daneel

Bench
On the Fox replay (which sometimes has clearer audio than the original broadcast), what I got was similar to what you describe. Initially Maxwell was happy to play on, and seemed to say that even after some Manly guys complained, but then when he gave the video review he said words to the effect of 'there's the video review you wanted boys'*. I'm not suggesting that he did that in response to them whingeing, I reckon the touchie or other ref might have signallled / called it in...possibly in response to similar sooking (but I don't know this for a fact......just how I read the interchange).

*maybe his actual words were something that just sounded exactly like that

I thought I heard him tell jarryd that he had seen the high shot, lying f*ckwit maxwell

yy_cheng

Coach
manly should be stripped of the points for pressuring the ref. that should stop it progressing further

EelsFan05

Bench
Watmong definately said, "Chez stay down" after the ref ordered a drop out. Typical Manly shit that they'd cry to the high heavens about if roles were reversed.

byrner

Juniors
Disgraceful! Jarryd summed it up best.

I dont blame the refs for us losing. But they sure made it hard for us to win.

phantom eel

First Grade
forget that tip hat boys, 10k stays in jarryd's pocket.
Amazed he got away with it... I guess that says something about the league's view on the general refereeing performance, not willing to bring the publicity of fining someone over comments about it?

Ant

Juniors
I heard the watmough comment too. Pretty bad sportsmanship, but a winning move. Did you hear the manly players giving it to hayne though. "Hey jarred pot kettle mate", and "you've been doing it your whole career".
While it sucks jarred's questionable sportsmanship record I think makes it hard being captain

You guys were robbed,why on earth was that a penalty ?correct me if i am wrong but didn't Manly knock the ball on before that tackle !Best of luck for the season ahead and good to see you guys are on the way up !

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You guys were robbed,why on earth was that a penalty ?

That incident isn't even such a big deal. Technically it is a correct penalty. The problem is why isn't it penalised every single time it happens (about a hundred times a game)?

The biggest issue was why we only got four penalties in the whole match, including both Manly's sideways play-the-balls, and when they tackled the man without the ball leading to the final scrum.

Latest posts