What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels v St George Illawarra NRL season opener NOT moved to ANZ Stadium

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Hope the eels don't become too popular and have to move more games to anz. I guess we should forget all that tribalism blah blah stuff.

The white-elephant money is not going to be there in future.

Please tell me you are talking about the ANZ Stadium money, cause if so, I will give you a tip, that money is not going anywhere, till at least 2030 and the stadium is looking to secure it for longer.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Paul Osbourne just on 1017am saying decision will be made by this afternoon, tomorrow moring at the latest. But pretty sure it will happen if parties can agree on.

Parra

Referee
Please tell me you are talking about the ANZ Stadium money, cause if so, I will give you a tip, that money is not going anywhere, till at least 2030 and the stadium is looking to secure it for longer.

So someone is willing to pay Souths 100K per game when only 8000 people turn up, and this will go on until 2030?

Do you know for sure whose money is being thrown around at that stadium? Can we get any guarantee that NSW government funds are not involved at all?

The Colonel

Immortal
Giving up my season ticket and becoming a "casual" fan, yes.

I thought that was pretty clear in my post.

I'd be in the same boat.

The boat is getting crowded. Me three.

6a00d8341c94c853ef01116855aea2970c-800wi

bartman

Immortal
Just personal choice Colonel. STs now cost $70 more than they did last season, and each person needs to feel happy with what they are purchasing to keep doing it year after year.

From today's article:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-so-fans-wont-be-shut-out-20100224-p3jx.html

The biggest stumbling block could be the Parramatta Stadium Trust. ''The biggest issue for us is whether we can do it contractually,'' Osborne said. ''There's a minimum number of games we need to play at Parramatta Stadium, so that could be the stumbling block for us.
Thank goodness that contract exists, because what went out in the Membership advertising/renewal letters about the numbers of games to be played in each location obviously didn't count for much.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
didn't ozzie already say we were going to move a couple of blockbuster matches to anz at our last agm or some media announcement?

The Colonel

Immortal
Just personal choice Colonel. STs now cost $70 more than they did last season, and each person needs to feel happy with what they are purchasing to keep doing it year after year.

From today's article:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-so-fans-wont-be-shut-out-20100224-p3jx.html

Thank goodness that contract exists, because what went out in the Membership advertising/renewal letters about the numbers of games to be played in each location obviously didn't count for much.

Personal choice, sooking, taking your bat and ball and going home..... call it what you will. Most jumped up and down when it was unsure if we would be around in 5 years..... at least this management is being proactive in ensuring that doesn't happen.

fish eel

Immortal
Nobody is crying Colonel.

Having a season ticket is great for me. You know it's a short walk for me. I can get home at a quarter part 7 on a friday night from work and still make kick off. If I'm running late on either a friday or Monday, I can go home via the game.

Having to get to Homebush complicates things, I'd miss games so I'll go for the blue blood pack.

Also, it's just not the same feeling walking into homebush as it is Parramatta.

Personal choice, no whinge and it would save me money.

Of course, those who live in the sticks and dont have season tickets dont need to worry about such choices. ;-)

I also remember, a few years back prior to us playing any games at Homebush, Mark started a thread on here asking what people thought if we were to go down that route. IIRC, and Mark might like to confirm, that thread went down like a lead balloon.....

born an eel

Bench
Giving up my season ticket and becoming a "casual" fan, yes.

I thought that was pretty clear in my post.
forget the bandwagon we will need The Queen Mary, i'm the same.

And going by the section I sit in, I would guess that only 50% of STH turned up for the dogs home game last year around me.

The Colonel

Immortal
Nobody is crying Colonel.

Great impression of it. As one of three of the louder opponents not surprising though that you'd deny it, nor the other two. If it walks, talks and looks like a duck.

Of course, those who live in the sticks and dont have season tickets dont need to worry about such choices. ;-)

Disappointing isn't it. And as a RegionEels member I don't have that problem..... just need to work out which games I'd like to attend at either venue.

born an eel

Bench
Great impression of it. As one of three of the louder opponents not surprising though that you'd deny it, nor the other two. If it walks, talks and looks like a duck.

Disappointing isn't it. And as a RegionEels member I don't have that problem..... just need to work out which games I'd like to attend at either venue.
which is exactly what we will do in the future if the moves become the norm.

fish eel

Immortal

Yeah, it's a real whinge when I've said I'm disappoited but I understand why they made the decision.

It's a hell of whinge I've done.....

No, you dont. So I think it's bit rich for you to call people out who may have to make that decision, and may choose to save some money rather than buy a season ticket that may not be used as much.

Then again, you're probably just stirring the pot because you're generally more reasonable than that. ;-)

TBH, if they decide to move more games down the track to homebush, I'd be happy if they sold Parramatta Stadium specific ST and I'd still grab one of those.

Also, the Manly game will be close to a sell out as well. Should we move that one as well?

bartman

Immortal
I forgot that we still have to be 100% behind any decision that the new management/board makes, or be labelled on this forum. Silly me...

I still look forward to the time when - as it was pre-elections - people's range of views and/or constructive criticism about particular issues related to our club are once again seen as valid points of discussion, rather than childishly dismissed.

If Denis was thinking of moving games to Homebush in his time, I wonder what the reaction would have been? Oh yes, thanks Fish - I do remember that thread and the reactions to it...

bartman

Immortal
TBH, if they decide to move more games down the track to homebush, I'd be happy if they sold Parramatta Stadium specific ST and I'd still grab one of those.
That should be an option tbh. Say a six game mini ST. I'd probably be in for that if it existed, and it would resolve my feelings about getting exactly what was on the tin.

And it would kind of bring the options for city folk on par with those who are eligible for the excellent Region Eels membership, and the choices they have therein.

born an eel

Bench
Yes, but I'm not giving up my membership in protest like a baby throwing its rattle out of the pram....
nobody's doing that, they are just making a decisision based on their preferences.

If the financial situation of the club is such a worry to you, why not purchase a full ticketed membership and choose from the 12 games which you would like to attend. You expect others to keep their memberships even though they may not like,want or afford to go to games at ANZ.

Latest posts