What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium

You keep saying it because your an ANZ member. What's the profit for a full house at Parramatta Stadium? That's what it would have been last week against the Tigers. Also how much are two points worth? We've clearly demonstrated time and time again that we play better at home than that shithole. I'm an ardent fool - f**k ANZ!

You are an Ardent fool.

As I have said, and you can do your research, I have been asking about moving to ANZ since 2004 or 2005. That I am a member out their shows I understand what significance the venue will play for all sports in the near future. I see my membership akin to that of the SCG in 10 years, giving me the "Must have" tickets on the Sydney sporting calender.

Also ANZ is the Stadium for the Grand Final, wouldn't it be nice to have a home ground advantage for that game. You know the game that actually determines who wins the championship.

The article says we make on average $220,000 for a home game at Pirtek, and $381,000 for a game at ANZ, before profit sharing which we activated at ANZ, and got an extra $60,000 more.

It also says to break even (before we make a profit)

SMH article said:
The club needs to sell 4200 tickets (outside of its 12,500 ticketed members) a game to break even when playing at Pirtek Stadium, given approximately 55 per cent of ticketed members attend each game.

So if we sell the place out, That would be, another 4,000 tickets to sell. If sales for Round 1 were $58,000 for 4200 tickets and we sold 4000 more, that might add $50,000 to the bottom line, so you still have to make up $111,000 per game.

That and you would leave, 30,000 fans of both ilk's out of the game day experience.

As for how much two points is worth, we are not Manly, so I can't tell you. But again if you think Jarryd or Chris would not have passed those balls for the Tigers tries, or Chris would have had a perfect kicking at Parramatta vs ANZ then you are fooling yourself.

Also in the last 5 years yep we have been better at Pirtek than any other venue. But then again we won 6.5, 6 and 5 games in those years. We won more games in 2001, than those years combined. We have a better record at Suncorp than ANZ Stadium in the past few years. If they can't play well away from Pirtek, what is the use of them playing well there, for us to only fall short in the big games.

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra stadium with corners joined.....

ue8d.jpg

Parra stadium with a half arsed attempt.......

iows.jpg

Neither would give the stadium a 32000 capacity. They need to do better than either of these.

Suity

Tony Bongo

Bench
Actually, I'm going to defend MITS here. I've no doubt that his ANZ membership has nothing to do with his opinion. He has memberships at both stadiums, so he wouldn't give a shit where he sits to see them play.
His interests are solely in the clubs bests interests financially. That is clear from his posts.
I would suspect yours are too, Tony.

Suity

I know MITS likes ANZ and that's OK - lots of people do. There is no doubt that it would be more convenient and cheaper for him to just have the one membership as well and there's nothing wrong with that either. There would be lots of benefits in the short term for a lot of us if the Eels were to move to ANZ. One thing that concerns me though is what happened to the AFL clubs that all moved to the one stadium and then once they were locked in got screwed over. If we walk away from Parra Stadium and stuff our chance of a future upgrade we are at the mercy of ANZ.
We also run the risk of eventually losing our Leagues club to the Wanderers. How many leagues fans will continue to renew their LC memberships if they no longer go there?

If making money was the aim the club would not be in the football business.

All that is needed is enough money to keep the club sustained.

The score on the field is the one that counts.

I completely agree. Also part of the current upgrade arrangement already secures better training facilities for us which also counts.

fish eel

Immortal
I became a member there in 2009, I have been a eels member much longer, but have known about the sweet deal the Rabbits and Dogs have gotten for a few years before that. Quite sure I raised the question about going to ANZ for discussion in 2005 on this forum.

I know mate....just a gentle wind up.

If making money was the aim the club would not be in the football business.

All that is needed is enough money to keep the club sustained.

The score on the field is the one that counts.

It's cost money to put a good football side on the park.

You spend peanuts you get monkeys. In this results driven business it is always about how much money we have to spend. The more we can spend and the more financially secure we are, the better people and players we can attract.

fish eel

Immortal
I know MITS likes ANZ and that's OK - lots of people do. There is no doubt that it would be more convenient and cheaper for him to just have the one membership as well and there's nothing wrong with that either. There would be lots of benefits in the short term for a lot of us if the Eels were to move to ANZ. One thing that concerns me though is what happened to the AFL clubs that all moved to the one stadium and then once they were locked in got screwed over. If we walk away from Parra Stadium and stuff our chance of a future upgrade we are at the mercy of ANZ.
We also run the risk of eventually losing our Leagues club to the Wanderers. How many leagues fans will continue to renew their LC memberships if they no longer go there?

I completely agree. Also part of the current upgrade arrangement already secures better training facilities for us which also counts.

That's a ridiculous suggestion IMO.

fish eel

Immortal

You spend peanuts you get monkeys. In this results driven business it is always about how much money we have to spend. The more we can spend and the more financially secure we are, the better people and players we can attract.

Yeah, we can be sustainable or we can make enough money to be league leaders in various off field areas. That costs money. The best option for us is an upgraded parramatta stadium that delivers profits every home game, but in its absence taking marquee matches to anz like the tigers one is just plain common sense, and the club is negligent if they don't pursue those opportunities.

Parra

Referee

You don't think we have enough cash?

All excess cash & assets attract are merkins who get involved to rip a club off. League has enough examples of this. There is no need for the club to put profits first. Club needs just enough to ensure sustainability & run the operation. Yes that costs money. The club has money. No need to become a generic franchise that plays at the Homebush mega-centre.

I know MITS likes ANZ and that's OK - lots of people do.

I like both stadiums, although I can see a massive upgrade and redesign is in order for Pirtek to stay relevant and useful to the people of Parramatta and surrounding areas for the future.

There is no doubt that it would be more convenient and cheaper for him to just have the one membership as well and there's nothing wrong with that either.

I would still by memberships to both because I want to see us play at both. I don't need things to be cheaper, and being a member at both is more convenient because I get access to both stadia

There would be lots of benefits in the short term for a lot of us if the Eels were to move to ANZ. One thing that concerns me though is what happened to the AFL clubs that all moved to the one stadium and then once they were locked in got screwed over.

We aren't moving to Etihad mate, and I doubt any club would move for a long term contract because of the saga that has happened down south. Ours is currently 2 years with an option. Nice and flexible.

If we walk away from Parra Stadium and stuff our chance of a future upgrade we are at the mercy of ANZ.

Where have I ever said we should walk away from Parramatta. We need both stadiums. We should embrace both stadiums and have a policy of the right game at the right stadium.

Who knows, but really we had this discussion many years ago. If you are that worried about the LC, push for the "Membership" to include access to the LC for free.

You don't think we have enough cash?

All excess cash & assets attract are merkins who get involved to rip a club off. League has enough examples of this. There is no need for the club to put profits first. Club needs just enough to ensure sustainability & run the operation. Yes that costs money. The club has money. No need to become a generic franchise that plays at the Homebush mega-centre.

That is why we got rid of fitzy wasn't it. Because we needed money.

Also I am not saying we become a generic franchise at ANZ, I am saying we play the right games at the right venues.

Parra stadium with corners joined.....

ue8d.jpg

Parra stadium with a half arsed attempt.......

iows.jpg

Neither would give the stadium a 32000 capacity. They need to do better than either of these.

Suity

This image looks pretty awesome.
1398515983727.jpg-620x349.jpg

From the article at: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...to-upgrade-pirtek-stadium-20140426-zqzzv.html

There's even an artist plan drawing of stage one, looks like southerns end corners are joined, but northern ones open?
1398515983871.jpg-300x0.jpg

Stadium upgrade would benefit both major tenants, Wanderers deserve better end seating, they've earnt it.

The major problem I have with all of these is where are the video replay screens going ????

Parra

Referee
We seem to have the mix about right now. As long as whoever has the bag of cash at Homebush keeps pissing it away we should take it.

Shits me that we get no Sunday arvo games at our home ground though. It would be better if the cash at Homebush was for some of the Monday or Friday night games.

Suitman

Post Whore

From the article at: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...to-upgrade-pirtek-stadium-20140426-zqzzv.html

There's even an artist plan drawing of stage one, looks like southerns end corners are joined, but northern ones open?

Stadium upgrade would benefit both major tenants, Wanderers deserve better end seating, they've earnt it.

Amateur water colour drawings for a Sunday rag trying to fill column space. Can't even see a replay screen or scoreboard.
This mornings SMH article was a joke.
As I've said, that would get no where near the 32000 the article suggested.

Suity

We seem to have the mix about right now. As long as whoever has the bag of cash at Homebush keeps pissing it away we should take it.

The funds come from the membership of the Stadium, then ticket sales and the like. Trust me those funds arn't going anywhere till at least 2030.

Shits me that we get no Sunday arvo games at our home ground though. It would be better if the cash at Homebush was for some of the Monday or Friday night games.

meh, I am in the Cronin stand and the sun gets in my eyes for afternoon games.

Suitman

Post Whore
People must forget that Parra Stadium is still restricted to height restriction construction due to the original approval with the Friends of Parramatta Park, and which is enacted in law.
How on earth does this article plan to add 12000 seats combined between each end if they can't go higher, as that is what would be needed to get to 32 000. It just ain't possible.
The Wanderers plan of rail seating is the only way they could get close.

Suity

beave

Coach
Agreed suity, the ends being made into 2 levels like in that article I reckon would conservatively bring the capacity up to 24-26??

I've heard that they plan to put one at each end in alternate corners.

Can't see that in those images. Hence the question. Yes the corners would be the best place. Just like ANZ , Robina and AAMI Park. The ones at Allianz and Suncorp take up to much room.

Latest posts