What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium

T.S Quint

Coach
Hope this new Parra Stadium idea goes through.

F**ked if I'm going to go to Penrith on a regular basis.

For the same reason they move home games to Homebush. Guaranteed cash. At least the Homebush argument holds up a bit when you get big crowds - but without subsidised tickets would Homebush get those numbers anyway?

Yeah, well the ticket prices are what keeps fans away. So subsidized tickets must help.

Wasn't there a $40 or $50 family ticket for the Easter game? Much better family value entertainment than a trip to the pictures.

For the same reason they move home games to Homebush. Guaranteed cash. At least the Homebush argument holds up a bit when you get big crowds - but without subsidised tickets would Homebush get those numbers anyway?

If I had the choice between The Eels moving to Penrith or Homebush, Homebush would win every day of the week. Closer to our heartland, plus we'd get the best part of 14-15 games as part of the membership (assuming reciprol rights).

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...pays-off-for-sydney-clubs-20140426-zr05p.html

SMH article said:
PARRAMATTA EELS - Pirtek Stadium, ANZ Stadium
PIRTEK STADIUM
Capacity: 20,700
Expenditure: Operational costs: $70,000
Revenue: Ticket sales: $58,000 (round one), $55,000 (round four).
Merchandise: $37,000 average a game (up from $17,200 in 2013)
Corporate: $80,000 (capacity of 800 at about $100 a head)
Signage: $120,000 a game
Profit: $220,000

ANZ STADIUM
Capacity: 82,000
Expenditure: Operational costs: $15,000
Revenue: ANZ Stadium: $175,000 minimum guarantee a game
Ticket sales: $0 (ANZ Stadium receives money from ticket sales. There is a profit-share agreement in place for large crowds that gives the Eels an incentive to drive crowds and commercial. That agreement came into play on Easter Monday.)
Merchandise: $21,000 average (For the Easter Monday blockbuster game against the Tigers, the club sold $50,000 worth of merchandise.)
Corporate: $80,000
Signage: $120,000
Profit: $381,000
Parramatta: The Eels are in the second year of a three-year deal with ANZ Stadium, with an option for another two years. They will play a minimum of two games a year at the Olympic Park venue with a guarantee of $175,000 a game.
A lucrative deal worth about $400,000 to play one game a year in the Northern Territory allows them to schedule nine games a season at Pirtek Stadium. The club needs to sell 4200 tickets (outside of its 12,500 ticketed members) a game to break even when playing at Pirtek Stadium, given approximately 55 per cent of ticketed members attend each game. The average profit per game at Pirtek Stadium is $220,000, well below the ANZ Stadium average of $381,0000.
The Easter Monday clash against Wests Tigers attracted 50,668 fans, allowing the Eels to activate a profit-share agreement with ANZ Stadium. The club earned about $60,000 more on Easter Monday than it normally would at ANZ Stadium. If the club switched its ratio of matches to nine games at ANZ Stadium and two games at Pirtek Stadium, it would benefit from an estimated $1.4 million growth in game-day profit.
Even if Pirtek Stadium is at full capacity, the club estimates the game-day profit will be $70,000 less than an average game at ANZ Stadium. Research undertaken by the club has shown the 5.30pm timeslot on Saturday evening is the most popular with the Eels fans.

You know I have said it and I have said it and I have said it, the club makes bucket loads more at ANZ and it is so close, only the most ardent of fools would ignore the possibility. I have been saying this was an idea since 2004 when the dogs and rabbits did it because I head of the great deal they got.

Also some stats on Parramatta stadium. While it is our best performing stadium. That isn't to hard.

Games at Parra
2014 - 3 from 3 (Currently)
2013 - 4 from 8
2012 - 4 from 8
2011 - 4.5 from 9
2010 - 3 from 9

Suitman

Post Whore
The club needs to sell 4200 tickets (outside of its 12,500 ticketed members) a game to break even when playing at Pirtek Stadium, given approximately 55 per cent of ticketed members attend each game.
It is a statistical fact that not all season ticket holders turn up for every game. Parra only at 55% eh?
Might explain why some of you dumb arses laugh at 14-15 000 sold out Wanderers games. I'm looking at you Hineyrulz.
That's why both clubs need capacity increased at Pirtek.
Increase it to 30-32000, and then take the two/three event games a year (Parra vs Dogs/Bunnies/Tigers to ANZ, Wanderers take two derbies/semis). Win/win, and both clubs increase their averages.

Suity

It is a statistical fact that not all season ticket holders turn up for every game. Parra only at 55% eh?
Might explain why some of you dumb arses laugh at 14-15 000 sold out Wanderers games. I'm looking at you Hineyrulz.
That's why both clubs need capacity increased at Pirtek.
Increase it to 30-32000, and then take the two/three event games a year (Parra vs Dogs/Bunnies/Tigers to ANZ, Wanderers take two derbies/semis). Win/win, and both clubs increase their averages.

Suity

Correct, this is and always will be the strategy. Three or 4 Derbies for Parra at ANZ but apart from that, pretty much spot on.

. . . and as an interm you could have a ticket buy back for Season Ticket Holders if they know they will not make it to a certain game. Money in the members pockets, more tickets for fans, another Win/Win.

fish eel

Immortal
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...pays-off-for-sydney-clubs-20140426-zr05p.html

You know I have said it and I have said it and I have said it, the club makes bucket loads more at ANZ and it is so close, only the most ardent of fools would ignore the possibility. I have been saying this was an idea since 2004 when the dogs and rabbits did it because I head of the great deal they got.

Also some stats on Parramatta stadium. While it is our best performing stadium. That isn't to hard.

Games at Parra
2013 - 4 from 8
2012 - 4 from 8
2011 - 4.5 from 9
2010 - 3 from 9

You're a tad biased though when it comes to ANZ though because of your membership there ;-)

You're a tad biased though when it comes to ANZ though because of your membership there ;-)

I became a member there in 2009, I have been a eels member much longer, but have known about the sweet deal the Rabbits and Dogs have gotten for a few years before that. Quite sure I raised the question about going to ANZ for discussion in 2005 on this forum.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Games at Parra
2013 - 4 from 8
2012 - 4 from 8
2011 - 4.5 from 9
2010 - 3 from 9

Looking at that, we are crazy not to move to Homebush. It's so close and the money is so much better.

Give Pirtek stadium the flick ASAP. Maybe think about moving back in the future if it ever gets upgraded. In the meantime Homebush is definitely the way to go.

Parra

Referee
You know I have said it and I have said it and I have said it, the club makes bucket loads more at ANZ and it is so close, only the most ardent of fools would ignore the possibility.

If making money was the aim the club would not be in the football business.

All that is needed is enough money to keep the club sustained.

The score on the field is the one that counts.

Tony Bongo

Bench

Games at Parra
2013 - 4 from 8
2012 - 4 from 8
2011 - 4.5 from 9
2010 - 3 from 9

You keep saying it because your an ANZ member. What's the profit for a full house at Parramatta Stadium? That's what it would have been last week against the Tigers. Also how much are two points worth? We've clearly demonstrated time and time again that we play better at home than that shithole. I'm an ardent fool - f**k ANZ!

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't reckon two points is worth that much, to be honest. We have struggled on the field for ages and are still massively cashed up.

Then look at Manly - they win all the time but go broke every ten years.

Suitman

Post Whore
You keep saying it because your an ANZ member. What's the profit for a full house at Parramatta Stadium? That's what it would have been last week against the Tigers. Also how much are two points worth? We've clearly demonstrated time and time again that we play better at home than that shithole. I'm an ardent fool - f**k ANZ!

Actually, I'm going to defend MITS here. I've no doubt that his ANZ membership has nothing to do with his opinion. He has memberships at both stadiums, so he wouldn't give a shit where he sits to see them play.
His interests are solely in the clubs bests interests financially. That is clear from his posts.
I would suspect yours are too, Tony.

Suity

Latest posts