What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium

Wanderers are are whinging about the construction taking place in soccer season. They have been around for 2 years and need to learn their place .

Suitman

Post Whore
Did they get this wrong and mean members instead of season-ticket holders?
If not, then that's an incredible figure. How much do they sell season-tickets for? 30 bucks?

Yes, they did get that wrong.

Wanderers actually sold 16200 season tickets. They capped this figure to allow game day sales and tickets to away fans.

I paid $250 for a black membership. Black memberships were Eastern Granstand, Eastern concourse and part of the western concourse. It was a $150 for my sons season ticket. That included 13 home games at Pirtek.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
I know you're trolling but the best chance to get the best upgrade at Parra is for both clubs to be strong and push their case.
The AFL can waltz in and get millions thrown at Blacktown, abandon it, and then get tens of millions thrown at Homebush.
Surely, if we and the Wanderers can work together and pressure the govt, we can force extra expenditure to upgrade the stadium to a decent modern day standard with capacity I believe will suit both teams going forward.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If the Wanderers can't agree with how the Eels want the money spent then I'd be happy for the Eels to ditch the stadium and let the Wanderers go it alone.

strider

Post Whore
the wanderers owe us one ... after all there wouldn't be a stadium for them to play at in parramatta if not for the eels - we did all the hard yards back in 83,84,85 .... those f**kers need to show some respect

the wanderers owe us one ... after all there wouldn't be a stadium for them to play at in parramatta if not for the eels - we did all the hard yards back in 83,84,85 .... those f**kers need to show some respect

....and we significantly reduced the demolition costs of the old stadium too.

Suitman

Post Whore

You forgot '82.

Suity

Wanderers fans are acting like they've had these membership numbers for years. Of course they are going to be high after winning the comp in year 1.

Constant crowd violence, flares and stupid RBB protests are holding back any further growth.

Look for a drop going forward now that it has become unsafe for families to go to games.

Suitman

Post Whore
Wanderers fans are acting like they've had these membership numbers for years. Of course they are going to be high after winning the comp in year 1.

Constant crowd violence, flares and stupid RBB protests are holding back any further growth.

Look for a drop going forward now that it has become unsafe for families to go to games.

Troll on.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Serious question:

did the Wanderers sell out any individual games this season?

Also:

they sold 16,200 season tickets - that is an awesome effort! If we ever got the 32k capacity, you'd have to wonder how many season ticketholders they could accommodate!

I'd be happy for the Eels to play at ANZ for a year in order to get back a 32k stadium. Make it happen.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Can't see why the govt should waste tens of millions of dollars on a stadium at Parramatta when we have a perfectly fine stadium just 10 minutes up the road.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Serious question:

did the Wanderers sell out any individual games this season?

Also:

they sold 16,200 season tickets - that is an awesome effort! If we ever got the 32k capacity, you'd have to wonder how many season ticketholders they could accommodate!

I'd be happy for the Eels to play at ANZ for a year in order to get back a 32k stadium. Make it happen.

I'm much more comfortable spending a year at anz rather than belmore that's for sure..