What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium

forward pass

Coach
And as for the formerly known SFS, that should be left as is, it has had a terrific run as far as stadiums go, and a brand new 40 000 seat with roof stadium should be built at Prince Alfred Park Central Station.

Yep - I can't see any greenies disagreeing with that proposal. :lol:

TheRam

Coach
Soon you'll be able to get the tram from the city to SCG, SFS & Randwick Races.

Fair compromise IMHO, Comrade.

Not really. Still too many exchanges for people coming from out of the inner city area, especially for families. One simple in and out public transport option from any direction, is the true Valhalla for any sporting precinct.

TheRam

Coach
Yep - I can't see any greenies disagreeing with that proposal. :lol:

Who gives a toss about greenies. We are talking about the city, not some out of town pristine wilderness area. When you buy into the city, you buy into the city knowing that any area of real estate can be bought by private developers or taken over buy gov and developed in any way they see fit.

So legally they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It all would depend on how much the sporting organizations(NRL,Union,Soccer) lobbied for it and how willing the Government were, whether or not this could ever become a reality.

But you are right, unless someone of power and note were to see this as I do and go hard for it, well then it will never happen. Especially if they spend $billion on the redevelopment of the more park precinct.

Again spending massively and still will not suit the majority of the end users. When will they ever wake up?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who gives a toss about greenies. We are talking about the city, not some out of town pristine wilderness area. When you buy into the city, you buy into the city knowing that any area of real estate can be bought by private developers or taken over buy gov and developed in any way they see fit.

Mate, greenies don't leave the city. They like nature, but not when it is so far away and so big that they have to leave their home comforts behind.

A quarter acre with a couple of trees and a fair trade café with Wi-Fi is the kind of nature experience greenies like. A huge footy stadium (and more to the point, tens of thousands of footy fans) would ruin the ambience.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly, and the walk is one of the best things about the game day experience. What's better than a bunch of merkins with footy flags shuffling past the junkies and weirdos of Surry Hills?

TheRam

Coach
Mate, greenies don't leave the city. They like nature, but not when it is so far away and so big that they have to leave their home comforts behind.

A quarter acre with a couple of trees and a fair trade café with Wi-Fi is the kind of nature experience greenies like. A huge footy stadium (and more to the point, tens of thousands of footy fans) would ruin the ambience.

Good, they can all go and get farrrked!!!

Leave them alone, Rammy.

If you f**k them off from the city they might decide to go live in some actual nature. If they get pushed out to the Mountains, I'll be blaming you, buddy.

eelinfo

Juniors
I realise all clubs are chasing the corporate dollar. If parra want more corporate boxes, why not join the thornett and Cronin stands and put corporate boxes in each corner and along the top of the terraces at either end of the field.

IFR33K

Coach
Warren smith just mentioned the eels tigers game next week could be moved from parra to anz.