What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic Manly Fans

El Diablo

Post Whore
You really are an idiot.

If that's the case, we wouldn't be considering Perth, and we would have Wagga or the like as an NRL team.

WA are producing juniors. a number play and have played in the NRL

Perth also adds value to the TV rights

Manly does neither really

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Hardly. Common sense has to be used. The game was never going to raw more than 20,000 at SFS so they should have played it at Brookvale. I can accept Dragons vs Wests being played at ANZ but this was just stupid.

Why? Do manly not have more than 20,000 fans?

Fact of the matter is, it's a 45-60 minute drive to the game and most Manly fans refused to do so. It's a pissweak attendance for a final irrespective of who was playing and where it was being played. To be honest, it looked like they inflated the numbers as well.

Flapper

First Grade
as pointed out on Sky News it is only 19.4 k's from Brookvale to the SFS

no excuses

But continue to watch these rabid fools blame everybody under the sun instead of waking up to the fact their fans are just stone cold lazy and don't truly give a shit about Manly.

Molly

Juniors
Rubbish, the game should have been at brookvale and good on the Manly fans for voting with their feet. The NRL got what was blatantly obvious to all, a crap crowd figure. If u earn the right for a home final it should be played at your home.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'm not sure whether manly fans boycotted this game or what, but geez that's an awful, awful crowd. I did an eight-hour round trip to get to ANZ on Friday night and they couldn't get to the SFS?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Rubbish, the game should have been at brookvale and good on the Manly fans for voting with their feet. The NRL got what was blatantly obvious to all, a crap crowd figure. If u earn the right for a home final it should be played at your home.

every single club including Manly agreed to this at the start of the season

blame Manly, not the NRL

Flapper

First Grade

They weren't "voting with their feet", they were being lazy merkins. If they really supported Manly they'd show up. Manly fans clearly don't really care about Manly.

There is absolutely no excuse for the crowd on Saturday night, and the sooner Manly fans and Manly apologists get that through their thick f**king skulls the better we'll all be.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Why? Do manly not have more than 20,000 fans?

Fact of the matter is, it's a 45-60 minute drive to the game and most Manly fans refused to do so. It's a pissweak attendance for a final irrespective of who was playing and where it was being played. To be honest, it looked like they inflated the numbers as well.

haha high and mighty Dragons supporters want to not throw stones in glass houses.
Last year the semi between the Dragons and Manly drew 15,574 and the game was at Kogarah on a Sunday afternoon at 4pm!!!!! Jesus I guarantee you if the game on Saturday night was at Brookvale on a Sunday afternoon you would not have been able to buy a ticket.
Absolutley the crowd was pathetic but f*ck me, you lot were no better last year, if not worse given the day and timeslot you had:roll::roll:

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I'm not sure whether manly fans boycotted this game or what, but geez that's an awful, awful crowd. I did an eight-hour round trip to get to ANZ on Friday night and they couldn't get to the SFS?

Good for you. An example of one fan doing that is 100% irrelevant.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
haha high and mighty Dragons supporters want to not throw stones in glass houses.
Last year the semi between the Dragons and Manly drew 15,574 and the game was at Kogarah on a Sunday afternoon at 4pm!!!!! Jesus I guarantee you if the game on Saturday night was at Brookvale on a Sunday afternoon you would not have been able to buy a ticket.
Absolutley the crowd was pathetic but f*ck me, you lot were no better last year, if not worse given the day and timeslot you had:roll::roll:
I was at that game, the hill was packed and tickets were advertised as single seats only in the leading days before the final...
746736-st-george-illawarra-dragons-vs-manly-sea-eagles-finals-week-1.jpg

Looks pretty full to me. Looks like a lot of red and white, certainly not too much maroon in the crowd.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
For god sake..... people including manly fans need to get over it.
It was a pathetic crowd, agreed, but the biggest issue was the 8.30 timeslot, forget about where it was because that arguement is dead.
Manly fans should be disapointed that they didn't travel across the bridge, but the NRL has to do something about the 8.30 timeslot, which is direcvted only at TV audiences.
If you want people live at the games have them at a decent hour, otherwise you lose the families.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I was at that game, the hill was packed and tickets were advertised as single seats only in the leading days before the final...
746736-st-george-illawarra-dragons-vs-manly-sea-eagles-finals-week-1.jpg

Looks pretty full to me. Looks like a lot of red and white, certainly not too much maroon in the crowd.

Cool story. Bottom line 15,574 on a sunny Sunday afternoon and you want to take pot shots at 13,972 on a Saturday night at 8:30 away from a home ground?
Wake the f*ck up.
Once again, the crowd was pathetic, no disputing it. But you smug Dragons supporters can piss right off. That was no better last year at all.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Cool story. Bottom line 15,574 on a sunny Sunday afternoon and you want to take pot shots at 13,972 on a Saturday night at 8:30 away from a home ground?
Wake the f*ck up.
Once again, the crowd was pathetic, no disputing it. But you smug Dragons supporters can piss right off. That was no better last year at all.

I've been to games at Kogarah with the advertised attendance being 14,000 that was "sold out". Other games I've been to have been 19,000 and it hasn't even looked remotely full. The game you chose to pick out, the ground was packed, irrespective of the reported number. Kogarah is renowned for having questionable crowd figures every week.

Does the ground look empty in the photo above?

manlyforever08

Juniors
My family and I traveled an hour into the city for this one and they say Manly fans don't travel. We don't even live anywhere near Manly/Brookvale or even have a connection. I personally traveled to Newcastle and Wollongong this year.

firechild

First Grade

No, but if you put the same people into the SFS it'd look pretty empty. I've seen 14-15000 people at Brookie and it's looked similar to that photo, fact is the difference is negligable. When manly played week 1 finals at Brookie (2007-08) they got close to 20,000. The NRL has made a decision which has lost them around $150,000. Good work Gallop.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I've been to games at Kogarah with the advertised attendance being 14,000 that was "sold out". Other games I've been to have been 19,000 and it hasn't even looked remotely full. The game you chose to pick out, the ground was packed, irrespective of the reported number. Kogarah is renowned for having questionable crowd figures every week.

How hard is it to count how many people in the ground via a ticketing system?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
How hard is it to count how many people in the ground via a ticketing system?

It's one of the great mysteries at that ground. I've seen sellouts range in difference of around 6-8000. I've been to a crowd of 22,100 (first game back after first round of renovations against cronulla) and likewise a crowd of around 14,000 which were both advertised as sold out.

Latest posts