What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Green RIP

PJ

First Grade
Latest Update- He Committed Suicide.Sad.

I guess that sort of really highlights the sort of person you are.

Talking rubbish all week in here before the game but don't have the cajones to pop your head back in until you can comment on a tragedy.

You certainly have chosen the right team to follow.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Devastating
He seemed such a happy guy
It's hard to understand
Impossible to understand. Even the ones who are actively seeking help and who share their story with close friends or relatives still have moments when they succumb to the thoughts.

I’ve always been intrigued (in a non morbid way) by the mindset that enables someone to be able to actually do it. It just proves to me that people who do not suffer from it can’t understand it.

My friend did a particularly horrid way to end his pain. One that I can’t even fathom.

coolumsharkie

Referee
RIP Paul Green.

I will never forget the conversation we had at Hunters one night in the height of the SL dramas being played out, I was a young barman then, he was not keen to talk about it or to me for that matter lol but he took time out to set a few things right in my mind and we made a connection even if it was for a moment.. That try against Manly in the semi which we ended up losing but that sticks in my mind and at that moment gave me so much elation and joy. I hope wherever you are, you realise that thats all that matters to me. No judgements here.

On suicide: Some things are beyond our own comprehension, we are a complex and amazing ever evolving species. Reach out, research, serve humanity. Try and find out who you are and what you are. If you are at the end and there is no way out, if you feel that way, make a pact with yourself to help someone in need of help before you go, then help someone else...

That is all there is.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
What is forgotten but is totally natural is that people who aren’t close to him feel very sad at the loss today and many will think of it tomorrow and over the weekend as the tributes are given to him but reality is by end of next week when funeral is done most people still remember it happened but no longer think of it every hour.

His family and friends will literally not stop thinking about this day forever. I kinda feel guilty about that but eventually this kind of event impacts everyone.

RIP Paul.

sladden road

Juniors
It is very sad news. Had a terrific kick on him and was a tough bugger. Too early to go.

even sadder to hear the cause of death. As said above we are a complicated lot us humans.
f**k.

As Ozzi said 2022 can go f**k itself.

Impossible to understand. Even the ones who are actively seeking help and who share their story with close friends or relatives still have moments when they succumb to the thoughts.

I’ve always been intrigued (in a non morbid way) by the mindset that enables someone to be able to actually do it. It just proves to me that people who do not suffer from it can’t understand it.

My friend did a particularly horrid way to end his pain. One that I can’t even fathom.
My best mate did it a few years ago. I was the one who had to sit with the cops for a few hours a day or so later. They were great, explained to me it was a moment of madness, and 50% of them are this way. They can tell by how they did it.
The other 50% are planned, it can be told by the way it was set up.
I've had 9 close friends do it now, all around Paul's age, within 5 years either side. 8 x males, 1 x female.
The worst one was a mate who went the cut in a few of the main areas just to make sure, I'd rented out a room in my house to him.
It was f**ked to find him, and a gruesome sight.

Frenzy.

Immortal
As someone who has had to deal with suicide way too many times, it doesn't get easier.
The pain that it causes those left behind is devastating.
I feel just as much pain and sorrow towards Paul as I do his family.

Yes but as someone else who has also dealt with dozens of suicides, both personal and work, the one in the most pain is the one who feels they have to take their life. We don't get to ask them but it must be a tremendous beast that lives inside to cause enough pain to end it.

Congratulations Greeny on a great career, a great life and for leaving a great legacy. RIP

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
My best mate did it a few years ago. I was the one who had to sit with the cops for a few hours a day or so later. They were great, explained to me it was a moment of madness, and 50% of them are this way. They can tell by how they did it.
The other 50% are planned, it can be told by the way it was set up.
I've had 9 close friends do it now, all around Paul's age, within 5 years either side. 8 x males, 1 x female.
The worst one was a mate who went the cut in a few of the main areas just to make sure, I'd rented out a room in my house to him.
It was f**ked to find him, and a gruesome sight.

I can't put a like on this but would put a dislike if I could. Not for you or your post but for the melancholy.