What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V South Sydney (otherwise known as the wabbits)

Girds89

Bench
Dylan saved atleast 16 points tonight.... and thats a big at least... not overestimating anything there..

The man isnt human. Looked like he has another level to go to as well. Not even blowing to hard after the game. And that was the most territory i reckon ive ever seen a panthers fb cover in my time..

Did the bunnies get a single long field kick to hit the turf all night? I cant remember one. Hes positioning and speed getting to the ball reminded me of billy slater tonight.. he seemed possesed to not let it bounce and just covered so much teritory at the back.

Stuff like that just goes so missed.. yeo and fish always top the vb hard earmed stats cause all it basically counts is meters and tackles..

Edwards was head and shoulders best on ground tonight.

Api next best who was a machine in defence.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Dylan saved atleast 16 points tonight.... and thats a big at least... not overestimating anything there..

The man isnt human. Looked like he has another level to go to as well. Not even blowing to hard after the game. And that was the most territory i reckon ive ever seen a panthers fb cover in my time..

Did the bunnies get a single long field kick to hit the turf all night? I cant remember one. Hes positioning and speed getting to the ball reminded me of billy slater tonight.. he seemed possesed to not let it bounce and just covered so much teritory at the back.

Stuff like that just goes so missed.. yeo and fish always top the vb hard earmed stats cause all it basically counts is meters and tackles..

Edwards was head and shoulders best on ground tonight.

Api next best who was a machine in defence.
Edwards best game by far. He's always consistent but he went up a level

Iamback

Coach
Staines was also next level in his first three games.

There is now 240 minutes of multi angle film for defence coaches of May to study. His rookie tendencies will be noted and exploited if possible by well coached sides.

Yeah the left side had another miss tonight

chrisD

Coach
South's edge defence is so f**king terrible. It should have been 30 tonight to go with the 50 we put on them last season before we got banged up and out of rhythm. They need to throw out everything Bennett did and start again or they're no hope.

Backs were fantastic, apart from Crichton and Cleary, Cleary has an excuse but Crichton should be leading now but is instead underwhelming. Edwards best player on the field, just amazing what he gets done in that frame, Staines was great but May is going sensational.

Defence needs work, I can understand the left side but the right side and middle not so much, but Ivan will fix it, it's what he does.

Iamback

Coach
Happy to be proven wrong since I'm a couch halfback but how many left to right cut out passes do you see now?

I'm sure @Iamback can find a stat for the majority of tries being scored down the left side attack in the NRL.

I will find one

Souths and Manly both had over 60% down the left
Our left is the better side.

I will find the % for each team last year

Girds89

Bench
Edwards best game by far. He's always consistent but he went up a level
I think ivan summed it up pretty good in the press conference.

Basically said something along the lines- when hes fit hes in our best 3 every week.

Thats not a fans perspective, a forum poster, a commentator. Thats just straight from the coach and i think it shows you how highly they value dylan, hes importance to the team and what he does at the back is just unreplaceable.

Bloody love watching him play because he is a true panther and leaves it all on the field. Just never stops.

Anyway. Crazy happy to go 4 nil..especially cause the bunnies were getting dirty. Taine milne is a grub of the highest calibre

Girds89

Bench
I will find one

Souths and Manly both had over 60% down the left
Our left is the better side.

I will find the % for each team last year
Our left is the weaker side definsivley.

Just kiks drags others in when hes slow back in the line or slow laterally

mxlegend99

Referee
I am not down playing it. When does Cleary miss 7 tackles a game? So less breaks means defence isn't needed.

May is scoring tries, breaking tackles and ave 180m a game
He's also a huge defensive liability.

Like to see him score tries on the right with the opportunities that aren't created

Guarantee he doesn't stop half the tries Staines has. But hey. Stopping tries isnt as good as saving them

Iamback

Coach

Like to see him score tries on the right with the opportunities that aren't created

Guarantee he doesn't stop half the tries Staines has. But hey. Stopping tries isnt as good as saving them
Tries on the left is the inside guys.

Jayden Sua for example in Round 2.

Rookie centre and Kiks being lazy mainly

kinghippo

Juniors
Luai was great tonight, he really stepped up and gave Nathan an easy game.
The subs and eisenhuth were good, Kenny showed a bit more than the last few weeks, spencer was solid.
Sorrenson was a bit off but still got it done and salmon did nothing wrong, although I’m still not sold on him and Kenny on the bench together.

It may be all in my mind but I often feel we struggle in the middle when we seen to have the full bench on.

Girds89

Bench

Huge defensive liability from 3 games lol.

Thatll do me hahah.

Hes raw but in 3 games hes shown what he is capable of.... none of the tries have been solely hes fault...

Its like blaming staines for the tries om the right just cause they were scored on the right lol...

Both tries tonight were due to poor numbering up... souths are to good for that and we got picked apart..

Everyone seems so keen to blame tago may but critta got picked apart om the right tonight too from poor numbering up and staines didnt stop it... just like taylan didnt....

Yet hes a liability....

When he starts misses tackles or jamming in field making horrible reads ill agree. But that hasnt happened in the 3 games your writing him off as a liability in lol.

The try he scored tonight he beat campbell graham who is reknowned as one of the best defenders at centre in the game and latrell....

Pretty sure hes ability to find the paint speaks for itself.

Iamback

Coach
Luai was great tonight, he really stepped up and gave Nathan an easy game.
The subs and eisenhuth were good, Kenny showed a bit more than the last few weeks, spencer was solid.
Sorrenson was a bit off but still got it done and salmon did nothing wrong, although I’m still not sold on him and Kenny on the bench together.

It may be all in my mind but I often feel we struggle in the middle when we seen to have the full bench on.

I think long term we need Chris Smith on there over Kenny but for now it works

GongPanther

Referee
1/2 time stats showed we had missed 10 more tackles than Souths. It was Souths dropping of the ball that kept us looking good. We still are a work in progress, and I'm sure Ivan will point this out.

Iamback

Coach
Huge defensive liability from 3 games lol.

Thatll do me hahah.

Hes raw but in 3 games hes shown what he is capable of.... none of the tries have been solely hes fault...

Its like blaming staines for the tries om the right just cause they were scored on the right lol...

Both tries tonight were due to poor numbering up... souths are to good for that and we got picked apart..

Everyone seems so keen to blame tago may but critta got picked apart om the right tonight too from poor numbering up and staines didnt stop it... just like taylan didnt....

Yet hes a liability....

When he starts misses tackles or jamming in field making horrible reads ill agree. But that hasnt happened in the 3 games your writing him off as a liability in lol.

The try he scored tonight he beat campbell graham who is reknowned as one of the best defenders at centre in the game and latrell....

Pretty sure hes ability to find the paint speaks for itself.

That is it.

We have had the convo about the left side all season. That was the case before May and will be after. They need time together

Iamback

Coach
1/2 time stats showed we had missed 10 more tackles than Souths. It was Souths dropping of the ball that kept us looking good. We still are a work in progress, and I'm sure Ivan will point this out.

I looked at the game. Martin, Cleary and Api worst ones.

2 coming back from injury. Api made 50 tackles so 7 misses is ok in those circumstances

Munky

Coach
Missed tackles is a misleading stat.

If no line break or quick play the ball happens does it matter?

chrisD

Coach
Or missed tackles mean dick all. It's the costly misses that matter, Martin gunning out of the line to put a shot on and coming up with air as he loves to do doesn't ever cost us anything but goes on the stats all the same.