What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers V South Sydney (otherwise known as the wabbits)

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought I had read Latrell has had great pre season but he has looked a little over weight and under done in his three appearances thus far. He is always a dangerous opponent and needs to be shut out of the game otherwise he can make you pay. Hopefully we can nullify his output on Friday night and don’t give him a sniff.

Iamback

Coach
We did enough to get the two points against the Dragons and Knights but I agree with MX but for the sin bins and send off the results could have gone against us.

Regardless of the good fortune we are 3-0 so yes in the end that is what matters most.

The Bunnies will be our toughest test thus far.

You don't think Smith being out of the game hurt us aswell?
Lets not ignore plenty has gone against us too

It is but we lift 10000% when playing at home

Kilkenny

Coach
You don't think Smith being out of the game hurt us aswell?
Lets not ignore plenty has gone against us too

It is but we lift 10000% when playing at home
Of course it hurt us. Injuries always hurt, plenty of sides experiencing hurt on the injury front so far this season, it is just the way it is in such a brutal sport.

Winning ugly, winning when down on troops, is what the better sides do and to be 3-0 is in itself a terrific start to the season.

If we can somehow overcome our adversity and beat the Bunnies I think that will be huge statement. At the same time it is Round 4 and I do think this comp is shaping up as a much more even competition than has been the case this past two seasons.

I can’t see any sides enjoying huge winning streaks this season, I think if you can put six or seven wins together you will be going well.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Burto closer to NSW Cup then NSW at the moment. He’s been stinking.

Matt Burton (in my humble opinion) is about where I thought he'd be playing in the halves. At the dogs.

An ordinary forward pack, not a great spine to enhance his work either.

It's a tough gig. But in my opinion not surprising.

Especially when you consider he's attempting to do it, without much help from his halves partner. He desperatly needs an orgainising 7, to do the structure work for him.

Also the fact that he's hardly played in the halves for 18months.

Iamback

Coach
Of course it hurt us. Injuries always hurt, plenty of sides experiencing hurt on the injury front so far this season, it is just the way it is in such a brutal sport.

Winning ugly, winning when down on troops, is what the better sides do and to be 3-0 is in itself a terrific start to the season.

If we can somehow overcome our adversity and beat the Bunnies I think that will be huge statement. At the same time it is Round 4 and I do think this comp is shaping up as a much more even competition than has been the case this past two seasons.

I can’t see any sides enjoying huge winning streaks this season, I think if you can put six or seven wins together you will be going well.

The bottom teams are improving but terrible weather and the draw has helped bring scores in.
When it all plays out the stand out teams will pull away.
Next year will be much closer still

They are on the improve, make no mistake.
I like the cows; looks like they have the making of an amazing forward pack, and contrary to popular belief (including mine) Townsend has been really good. Very early days, but he is outperforming Reynolds so far; who would have picked that given the differing ways those respective signings were reported on.

Iamback

Coach
I like the cows; looks like they have the making of an amazing forward pack, and contrary to popular belief (including mine) Townsend has been really good. Very early days, but he is outperforming Reynolds so far; who would have picked that given the differing ways those respective signings were reported on.

This week will give an indication where they sit

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I've just watched the final word video of Ivan Cleary.....

A couple of pointers from the end of the video.

Looks like Martin and Fish will play. Ivan did his trademark smirk and said 'you know I can't answer that question'.

He is very motivated to re-sign with Penrith. I can imagine that Nathan feels the same way.

So on the whole good news.

Souths and their supporters can 'wabbit' on about how they're planning to 'sic' someone on Cleary, and Kiks during the game.

Very proud that Penrith have decided to say nothing. Because in the end words are just that words, and pretty meaningless.