What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

MugaB

Coach
sounds from your post you are only a panthers fan, some of us have bigger motivations and want the game to flourish, not just our club.

is that a Bear in the tatt? :)
Its Like being a storm80 fan... hey man I'm a fan of all teams, even your reds of '95, you'll see brother, i'm all rugba leig, none of this rationalization BS, and Sydney markets excuses, nswrl crap, i love watchin all teams, cows, storm, warriors, got most of their jerseys too, I'm even a dolphin fan, a they haven't even kicked a ball yet, and I'll be Perf fan too, you watch even with all your negativity clouding these funky threads, perth will be glorious....
A true expansionist... you cant expand if youre hating on what you got

MugaB

Coach
Trouble with literacy do you Mug?

Mug by name mug by nature I guess
Literacy..
thats what you got, keyboard warrior, got himself probs wit shorthand, you read enough insults to get the drift right, not really nessesary to be Sooo literate when typing posts on footy forum.. grammar police woowoow
did you need me to spell URaC.unt for you too

Storm80

Juniors
Its Like being a storm80 fan... hey man I'm a fan of all teams, even your reds of '95, you'll see brother, i'm all rugba leig, none of this rationalization BS, and Sydney markets excuses, nswrl crap, i love watchin all teams, cows, storm, warriors, got most of their jerseys too, I'm even a dolphin fan, a they haven't even kicked a ball yet, and I'll be Perf fan too, you watch even with all your negativity clouding these funky threads, perth will be glorious....
A true expansionist... you cant expand if youre hating on what you got
Such a visionary Mug…

I mean it’s not like NSWRL weren’t looking to cull, merger or relocate Sydney clubs since the early 70’s or that… Oh and I forgot NSWRL didn’t kick Newtown and Wests out of the comp in 83 either…And Balmain and Norths play every week still in the NRL dont they.

At least Humphreys and Arthurson had some form of vision for the game. Poorly executed, but they had a vision for a national comp nonetheless. All I see now with current NRL is less vision than ARL/NSWRL but more infighting.

MugaB

Coach
Such a visionary Mug…

I mean it’s not like NSWRL weren’t looking to cull, merger or relocate Sydney clubs since the early 70’s or that… Oh and I forgot NSWRL didn’t kick Newtown and Wests out of the comp in 83 either…And Balmain and Norths play every week still in the NRL dont they.

At least Humphreys and Arthurson had some form of vision for the game. Poorly executed, but they had a vision for a national comp nonetheless. All I see now with current NRL is less vision than ARL/NSWRL but more infighting.
Thanks for the 17th history lesson Alt,
btw what made you join this thread, this one and only thread.... like5-6weeks ago... ALT much

Storm80

Juniors
Literacy..
thats what you got, keyboard warrior, got himself probs wit shorthand, you read enough insults to get the drift right, not really nessesary to be Sooo literate when typing posts on footy forum.. grammar police woowoow

Hahaha yes literacy, you know the ability to read, write and comprehend the written word.

You asked me what I “want” again? Clearly you failed to comprehend my previous lengthy post about the NRL on the matter.

Keyboard warrior haha hilarious insult from someone banging away like a Neanderthal on his/her/they keyboard firing off insults … like … a .. I don’t know… what’s the term… a keyboard warrior

Iamback

Coach
I said it in 97, and I'll say it again.

I don't understand why fans are loyal to administrators or corporate boards.

I support my club and its players.

There needs to be a middle ground though, That is where the administration should sit.

MugaB

Coach
Mug, I got all the time in the world for you. Whenever you need your 18th or perhaps 1800th history lesson - happy to oblige and give it to you
Thats better... positivity
I like you better, ill start calling the other Alt, Alt.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nope... just pointing out that you love AFL... and rubbing everyones noses in the figures you post... afl do perf better than rugba ever did, look at what my afl did today.. big brown poopies on PVL deal.. yay for poopies, we wuv u afl!
you do talk a lot about afl. is this one of those distraction techniques to avoid having to talk about pistol pete? In fact reading the last 2 pages, you just like to talk about other posters and nothing at all about pistol pete,

Wb1234

Referee
Nope, still the biggest RL deal... you only cracked it AFTER alf got their deal higher... funny tho, it wasn't an issue before..
And also love that you seem so butthurt, as if that CASH, would fund WARL somehow.. and you're somehow missing out on it...
.. and still the biggest RL tv deal... even without the fumbleball metros.... imagine if their was a perf and dell...sheesh
View attachment 67996
Poor alf being mistaken with one of the greatest sporting abominations on earth

Wb1234

Referee
Ok... then if thats the trend... whats your problem, relish MF

View attachment 67995

You hate him so much, and he is getting kicked about by the greedy stakeholders he is meant to represent.. then still bitch about shit thats happened over 2 months ago FMD
If Perth dead had any ounce of decency he will refuse to go to any games the Perth team that gets added by vlandys since he hates him so much

after all a Perth nrl team will be vlandys baby

in five years he will have added brissie 2 and Perth and yet people are finding something to moan about

Wb1234

Referee
That is not necessarily a wise idea. Yes Beattie and Jones are both ex-MPs, but both are ex-Qld State MPs and both were in the ALP. Hence it does not mean they have the relationships with NSW MPs nor bureaucrats to be effective, let alone political differences can be a factor in how someone from a different political party reacts to you.
Vlandys gets on well with perrottet

but he’s not vlandys puppet

guy wanted to do a u turn so he did

Wb1234

Referee
Literacy..
Buddy just ignore him

the more you feed them the happier they get
Thanks for the 17th history lesson Alt,
btw what made you join this thread, this one and only thread.... like5-6weeks ago... ALT much
vlandys made fun of his favourite sport

Iamback

Coach
lol not even close to being accurate.
Consider this. Ch9 originally agreed to pay NRL $185mill a year
after Smith was sacked and the deal torn up they ended up paying NRL $125million a year. Thats $60million less than Smith negotiated. Now if you believe that Fox more than made up that $60million you are kidding yourself and I have a Nigerian prince that would like to talk to you. All Smith had to do was offer full simucast and digital streaming (Fox about to launch Kayo dont forget) and Fox would have stumped up more than $180mill making it a net gain for NRL.
Such is NRL and its incompetent negotiation skills, only compounded by this latest Vlandys f**k up. I mean he himself admitted he undersold the rights to help out the tv companies.
Seriously how on earth can you defend that?

Where did I say Fox made up for the $60m?
Smith stuffed up went early to ch9 only and the FTA deal ended up $125m instead of $185m

As for this deal so many unknowns, When they are solved then we can discuss this deal. As it stands there is nothing to defend as all we have is rumours, For both codes mind you

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where did I say Fox made up for the $60m?
Smith stuffed up went early to ch9 only and the FTA deal ended up $125m instead of $185m

As for this deal so many unknowns, When they are solved then we can discuss this deal. As it stands there is nothing to defend as all we have is rumours, For both codes mind you
The deal Smith got saw NRL getting from Ch9 $185million. Biggest in history for any code.
What Ch9 did with Saturday night after that was up to them (the only bit of he deal I disagreed with by the way, the game would have benefitted from a FTA Sat night game).
After Smith was booted the Ch9 deal went down to $125million. So the game lost $60million out of the FTA deal. Was that $60million made up in the fox deal? No one will ever know. Its hard to see Smith accepting Fox paying less than $180 mill if the FTA deal had stood.
sliding doors, would have been interesting to see it play out, especially given Fox were desperate for NRL streaming and full simucast to launch KAYO with.
We have a habit of booting leaders when negotiations get tough. Beware Abdo!

Iamback

Coach
The deal Smith got saw NRL getting from Ch9 $185million. Biggest in history for any code.
What Ch9 did with Saturday night after that was up to them (the only bit of he deal I disagreed with by the way, the game would have benefitted from a FTA Sat night game).
After Smith was booted the Ch9 deal went down to $125million. So the game lost $60million out of the FTA deal. Was that $60million made up in the fox deal? No one will ever know. Its hard to see Smith accepting Fox paying less than $180 mill if the FTA deal had stood.
sliding doors, would have been interesting to see it play out, especially given Fox were desperate for NRL streaming and full simucast to launch KAYO with.
We have a habit of booting leaders when negotiations get tough. Beware Abdo!

$185m never went from ch9 to the NRL though, so it is a moot point