What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter V'landys - New NRL/ARLC Chairman

Colk

First Grade
Yeh you aren’t wrong about the issues in horse racing

an 18th nrl team is a formality they won’t want the bye for too long

it depends on how the dolphins go next year as to whether it’s 2025 it happens or later

the only chatter is around Perth. The govt is doing what it can to get a team

the only condition on the license will be that Perth red isn’t allowed to go to games

I have to admit that is pretty funny

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mate they love you on bigfooty because you have never had a good word to say about Rugby League, now come on condemn the racism in fumbelball and condemn fumbleball for taking blood money from China
haha dont be a dck. Never been on bigfooty so wouldnt know. Good to know people are obsessed with me everywhere :)
Racism is disgusting and the problems they face are appalling and need to be sorted out quickly.
Lol our whole country is taking money from China, should I condemn everyone including myself who regularly buys chinese manufactured products? Grow up

Perth Red

Post Whore
For me I find it silly which prevents me from watching for extended periods, therefore boring never becomes an issue for me.
When I came to Perth 20 years ago I tried to get into as I love live sport and following a club. Went to 3 Eagles games, was terrible, never been to one or watched one on Tv since. I'd change our administration for theirs in a heartbeat but they can keep their game lol.

Iamback

Coach
When the game was part owned by News, they were happy with just 14 teams. But Souths coming back wasn't in News Ltd's plans. With 15 teams, it forced itself to expand to 16 with the Titans. Why wasn't Perth the 16th team back in 2007?

I don't think the game was set up for it, WA was in a hole and the game couldn't cover it. Certainly not with News Limited in charge.

It is why I call pretty much 96 up until the Commission being formed as wasted years.

That time there really not only stunted growth but sent the game backwards,
The fact the game can not only drop $120m on the blackhole that is NRLW and still aim for a profit is good steps towards filling in that void

Wb1234

Referee
Totally agree with you. I just asking more about where you think it will be if V’Landys is there (if you were to put your money on it) not where it should be.

I wouldn’t have put money on it at the start of the year - I would have expected another NZ side and I still think that is a possibility - but there is so much smoke about Perth atm that they are now a big shot. NZ 2 has died down a bit.

people going on about the rusted on afl states comment he made when he’s clearly done a U turn about Perth

Steel Saints

Juniors
I don't think the game was set up for it, WA was in a hole and the game couldn't cover it. Certainly not with News Limited in charge.

It is why I call pretty much 96 up until the Commission being formed as wasted years.

That time there really not only stunted growth but sent the game backwards,
The fact the game can not only drop $120m on the blackhole that is NRLW and still aim for a profit is good steps towards filling in that void

Yep, News certainly didn't want to spend, otherwise it would've impacted on their bottom line. News should not have got rid of Perth in the first place.

Iamback

Coach
Yep, News certainly didn't want to spend, otherwise it would've impacted on their bottom line. News should not have got rid of Perth in the first place.

I don't know if a fulltime Wollongong team would of worked, Nor Balmain so I am not sure the exact 22 was correct

Though had it continued down that path the game would be in a much better spot then it is today

Steel Saints

Juniors
I don't know if a fulltime Wollongong team would of worked, Nor Balmain so I am not sure the exact 22 was correct

Though had it continued down that path the game would be in a much better spot then it is today
If memberships were the rage back in the nineties, who knows it might have made a difference of keeping a full time side in the Illawarra.

But I also think there was a lack of fight from Bob Millward and the board. Certainly no where near the fight that Souths had.

Latest posts