What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petero to Penrith

The Tank

Bench
What a week! First Gower is leaving, now we get big Civ! This is the best week the club's had since the 03 GF!!!

pantherz9103

First Grade
Baron Vo Mandor said:
You could never call Petero a bad signing but I am not sure that he's the type of player panthers are after with the departure of Gower and Wallace next year.

Honestly I've had enough of Wallace. So overrated imo only played a couple of good games in First Grade, in truth he's average. Gower is a has been and we need a fresh start. The main reason we are doing poorly is because we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. Last week's game aside we haven't been getting thrashed but beating ourselves with poor discipline and poor handling, both quite excessive. Petero can really help fix up these things that I personally can't understand why they are so hard to fix.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Short term, i would take Petero 8 days a week, long term i would take Joel and for less moolah

Get used to atleast 3 errors per game. Joel has shocking hands :x

Big Mick

Referee
Baron Vo Mandor said:
You could never call Petero a bad signing but I am not sure that he's the type of player panthers are after with the departure of Gower and Wallace next year.

We need a leader.

We need a prop to teach the young guys and aid the young halves we'll more than likely have.

IMO he is JUST the type of player we needed and for once Penrith management did something good.

Mr Saab

Referee
Most people ridiculed the signing of Hodges in 2005. Look at him now.
Joel can get back to his 2003 form

pantherz9103

First Grade
marshall stalin said:
He's past it and good on penrith for signing another veteran to go with their other over the hill veterans - he will be most happy when the temp drops below 0 too:sarcasm:

Price for Warriors *cough*

Kennedy for Manly *cough*

Skinner

Coach
That's a great signing for the Panthers.....akin to Steve Price to the Warriors.

Gives the club a huge boost.

Just goes to show the other side of the coin to the "evening up" of the competition due to the salary cap. Good signing Panthers.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Most people ridiculed the signing of Hodges in 2005. Look at him now.
Joel can get back to his 2003 form

I hope he does go ok because he's given good service to our club. He hasn't found 2003 form again but he's still been a first grader here for 5 years.

I WAS upset that he signed with the Broncos as I'm not a big fan of them as you know but with us getting Civ and Woolnough, I'm pleased we have some props who don't have a such loose carry.

Chachi

Bench
Big Mick © said:
Well lets just see how this "young talent" of yours comes through in the fullness of time shall we.

There's no doubt he's a good player, but I'm not exactly sure how a 31 year old taking up a fair chunk of your cap will go in the long term when you appear to have issues in the halves and at hooker (from all accounts).

Let's just say I'll be an interested observer and I hope he turns out to be more than just a "feel good" signing in the middle of all this other crap you guys are going through.

johns_reds

First Grade
congrats to petro and Penrith, best of luck to him next season, i think this will help drive him more for the Broncos as he will want to go out with a bang before winding down his career at Penrith

Chachi said:
Well lets just see how this "young talent" of yours comes through in the fullness of time shall we.

There's no doubt he's a good player, but I'm not exactly sure how a 31 year old taking up a fair chunk of your cap will go in the long term when you appear to have issues in the halves and at hooker (from all accounts).

Let's just say I'll be an interested observer and I hope he turns out to be more than just a "feel good" signing in the middle of all this other crap you guys are going through.

its not exactly a long term deal though , 2 years ( which is what gower was going to take up anyway) with an option for a third, presumably in his favour.

we definatley have some issues in the halves but i dont think hooker will be a problem , we have priddis , Aiton and peters to cover there.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I seriously hope for Penrith's sake that he is not just going for the cash. If that is not the case and his heart is really in the move it will be an awesome signing for the Panthers

MattJ

Juniors
Congratulations Penrith, exactly the kind of positivity the panthers needed at the moment, he will be a great leader for your talented youngsters coming up the ranks.

dubby

Bench
The guy wears more elastoplast then the rest of the teams put together....

Nah just kidding.

Good luck Penrith.

Risky_6

Juniors
I have heard both Tony Pulletua and Priddis are not in Matt Elliotts plans for 08, is there any truth behind this?