What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phillip Hughes has passed away at the age of 25

Timbo

Staff member
The idiot reporter on Fox Sports News just asked if he pulls through ok should we expect to see him in the team for Brisbane.

He could die you idiot, show some tact.

The fact they have decided to perform surgery does that mean he is in a better or worse condition than if he had been placed into ICU?

Pig Champion

Juniors
The fact they have decided to perform surgery does that mean he is in a better or worse condition than if he had been placed into ICU?

Hard to say but i'd say that's pretty quick to surgery so something needed fixing urgently. Possibly to control swelling in his brain, maybe it hit a major blood vessel in his neck, who knows. Hopefully he pulls through.

Red Bear

Referee
Warner, Nevill and co reacted very quickly, they must be feeling terrible. Spare a thought for Sean Abbott as well, he'd feel terrible

Hope Hughes can pull through.

DC_fan

Coach
As with everyone else here my thoughts and best wishes are with Hughes. Hang in there Phil we are all pulling for you.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't like to speculate but I'm thinking that if he's been hit in the neck it may have caused an aneurism and so a shortage of blood to the brain (a stroke).

Scary as it sounds, an induced coma is being sedated. He'll therefore be intubated and ventilated. The surgery is more than likely to stop the bleeding in the brain and/or to relieve pressure in the brain.

Scary stuff and most certainly a critical condition.

Positive thoughts to Phil and his family.

This is looking like the case.

El Diablo

Post Whore
family says 24-48 hours before they know outcome of surgery according to sky news

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Time is of the essence. The usual procedure is to go through ED. From there CT scan and depending on that straight to theatre for the operation. Once that's completed he'd then go to ICU.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The idiot reporter on Fox Sports News just asked if he pulls through ok should we expect to see him in the team for Brisbane.

He could die you idiot, show some tact.
Couldn't believe the idiot said that, his health has to be the main issue who cares about the first test.

Now Clarke won't play in the first test, I would like Hughes picked (alongside Clarke's replacement) as an 'honorary selection'.

I doubt Hughes will play cricket for a while, but it might be good for him and the team.

Wato

Juniors
Hopefully Hughes pulls through, no one expects that when they go out to bat. It's been a horrific year for injuries in Australian sport with this and the McKinnon incident, no doubt that the Australian sporting community will rally around Hughes as they did with Alex.

Puts everything into perspective doesn't it.
Sport is so insignificant compared to something like this.

It's scary to think too that something like this could happen to any one of us.

Times like this that it's always good to stop and be thankful for what you have in life, including the people you have around you.

gordsy

Juniors
I wonder if he'll walk away from cricket now. Either way I hope he makes a full recovery as that was sickening to watch.

Latest posts