What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play the NZ Anthem at the NRL Grand Final.

Bruce Manifold

Juniors
I remember back in the 70's or 80's when they supposedly voted for the which song was our Anthem..Funny to this day I havent met many who voted for our current lackluster boring supposed national song. As much as i love Waltzing Matilda I dont think it is right ..We need something that embraces the whole nation!

hitman82

Bench
No way - would be cheesiness of epic proportions. They should just play Flight of the Valkyries

juro

Bench
I didn't even realise this was a topic to debate. I just assumed it would happen, and I am sure it will.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
If the Aus one gets played then so should ours.

Plus hopefully Feleti sings a few of the words and then boom he's a kiwi and we can chuck him in our four nations line up.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
:roll: Typical Manly dipstick

tell me ... did you manage to find the SFS on Friday ?
cos plenty didn't :lol::lol::lol:

There's plenty of Warriors supporters that don't want it. Myself included.

Get on with the game. Nationalistic pride isn't at stake, it's a club match.

grouch

First Grade
It's not just a club match though. It's a massive massive event and deserves some extra gravitas. We don't do enough pomp and ceremony in the NRL, and the anthem is an easy way to create some. Pile it on imo

Lego_Man

First Grade
I'm a Warriors fan and do NOT want the anthem played.

For a start the Warriors are a club side, they do NOT represent NZ (someone tell this to Ray Warren), we are a club whose roots lie deep in the Industrial belt of Auckland.

The Kiwis are our national side, let's not blur the lines between club and country.

We should respect the fact that we are playing in an Australian National Competition by solely listening to Advance Australia Fair.