What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

GreenGuy

Listening to the radio last night Paul Osborne was confident we would retain Monas but was not as confident that Wiki would stay. That's pretty mucch what we've been hearing the last few weeks.

Just on Rebecca Wilson, i obtained a copy of the Sunday Tele today, and was interested to find there were a few articles in her column that i remembered erading during the week in various publications such as Rugby League Week and Melbournes Sun Herald. She claims her stories as scoops, but i have a feeling something fishy is going on...

thickos

First Grade
from foxsports.com.au

Tahu linked to Eels, Eagles
By Brent Read and Will Swanton
July 5, 2004

TEST winger Timana Tahu admitted yesterday he was leaning towards leaving Newcastle at the end of the year.

Tahu, one of the hottest players on the open market, has received offers from several clubs, including Parramatta and Manly.

He also has an offer on the table from the Knights but is understood to be ready to follow teammate Ben Kennedy out of the club.

Kennedy will play with Manly in 2005.

"It's up to the Knights if they want to keep me or not," Tahu told ABC Radio.

"I think it's turning towards me leaving the Knights at the moment.

"I want to know by the end of the week. If I do have to go I have got no problem."

Tahu's decision is likely to have implications for several other players on the market.

If he elects to join Manly, the Sea Eagles are likely to drop off Canberra's Joel Monaghan, who is considering leaving the capital.

If Tahu stays in Newcastle, Manly will up the ante in their quest to sign Monaghan, who has also been linked with the Roosters.

Brisbane prop Carl Webb, also on the lookout for a club, did his cause no harm with a powerhouse display against Souths yesterday.

Webb is in the sights of the New Zealand Warriors, although that could hinge on whether the Kiwi outfit recruits Bulldogs skipper Steve Price.

Bulldogs chairman George Peponis said he hoped a "life after footy" package would entice Price to spurn a massive offer from the Warriors.

"Steve's got to look at all his options, weigh them up, look at what the future holds as well," Peponis said.

Melbourne yesterday announced they had fended off bids from several rivals to retain New Zealand international David Kidwell for a further three seasons.

Kidwell rejected offers from Cronulla and Canberra. Prop Alex Chan also agreed to remain at the Storm for a further two seasons.

"It's a big relief and a weight off my shoulders to call Melbourne home for the next three years," the 28-year-old Kidwell said.

"Canberra put forward a pretty lucrative deal but money isn't everything and I'm very settled down here."

Canberra could cop another hit this week if prop Ruben Wiki elects to leave.

Wiki has received a host of offers, including the New Zealand Warriors.

The Warriors yesterday released prop Mark Tookey, who will join Castleford in England.

The English Super League club announced it had released former Newcastle utility Sean Rudder, clearing room for Tookey.

Castleford chief executive Richard Wright said the club had reached an amicable agreement with Rudder.

"It is very unfortunate that things didn't work out for Sean," Wright said.

innsaneink

Referee
GreenGuy said:
Listening to the radio last night Paul Osborne was confident we would retain Monas but was not as confident that Wiki would stay. That's pretty mucch what we've been hearing the last few weeks.

Just on Rebecca Wilson, i obtained a copy of the Sunday Tele today, and was interested to find there were a few articles in her column that i remembered erading during the week in various publications such as Rugby League Week and Melbournes Sun Herald. She claims her stories as scoops, but i have a feeling something fishy is going on...

Oh, hello.....how has Mars been these last 4 years??? :lol:

Talk about scoops. :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Raiders 2004 said:
innsane can't hack that his beloved tigers were beaten by my team wearing my jersey. ;-) nice jersey ay innsane.... :D

It'd suit you, thats for sure....a dildo shirt for a dildo :lol:

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Glad to see you can find humour out of your team losing. :lol: Although isn't your club famous for a certain incident of a player giving it to others up the ass????
Who's more of a dildo now? :lol: :lol:

mike83au

Juniors
Raiders 2004 said:
Glad to see you can find humour out of your team losing. :lol: Although isn't your club famous for a certain incident of a player giving it to others up the ass????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
innsaneink said:
Raiders 2004 said:
innsane can't hack that his beloved tigers were beaten by my team wearing my jersey. ;-) nice jersey ay innsane.... :D

It'd suit you, thats for sure....a dildo shirt for a dildo :lol:

Wouldn't the jersey then be called a condom :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Raiders 2004 said:

Hmm we lost by 50+ the previous 2 weeks

We were up against 14 men

Your home advantage

penalties 13-3 ur way

Your 1st try off a forward pass

......we lost by eight. We won earlier this year when it was even. You had help down there last year too, I seem to recall.

Oh yeah Hoppa just happened to play for the club I support....out of my hands....you on the other hand personally designed that XXXX rated piece of gay apparel. :lol:

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Oh yeah Hoppa just happened to play for the club I support....out of my hands....you on the other hand personally designed that XXXX rated piece of gay apparel.

Wait wait let me correct you, seeing as thats wat you do. What is XXXX rated? I thought XXXX was a beer? oh your too young to know beer names anyway. Don't go out much do you. It's XXX. But yes i personally designed a jersey, that many fans wear proudly, and the players wear and beat other teams in (just like beating the Tigers). I get great satisfaction in that I have Achieved something and done something for my club. Have you achieved anything? let alone your club.
Oh but you've acheived being a troll and a annoying merkin so congratulations.

:lol: . How bout the piece of vomit your team wears, how many stripes and colours can you fit on one jersey. Its like the rainbow...NOW thats gay.

Hmm we lost by 50+ the previous 2 weeks

Cause your team is and always has been crap.

We were up against 14 men

17 Raiders, 13 on the field, 4 on the bench, and then reduced once Graham was injured. Didn't hear any news stories on 14 players on the field???

penalties 13-3 ur way
That's what happens when a team TRIES to break rules and doesn't get away with it. We should have got more penalties for the amount of times the tigers were unable to stand 10m back.

Your 1st try off a forward pass

No It wasn't. Lucky your not the ref, you would have done a worse job than Hayne.

we lost by eight

I Know.
We won earlier this year when it was even.

We were not at full strength.

You had help down there last year too

How did we have help? Decisions happen and thats how games go. Is that the only excuse you have for every game we have? Blame the Ref FOR YOUR TEAM BEING SHIT!

Paullyboy

Coach
So getting off the tigers thing, its very old now, what is the latest on Wiki and Mona's? Surely there is some sort of news coming through

raider_at_heart

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
monnas will decide this week is what im hear
i also read somewhere wiki would too

I dont know wheather i can wait another few days on these decisions!!!

The suspense is killing me. seriously.

I think its become every Raiders supporter worst nightmare to click on a news page or come on here and see the heading:

Monaghan signs with.....

Raider_69

Post Whore
not wrong there
i cringe every time LU opens thinking the headline will read
"Monaghan Leaves the Raiders" :cry: