What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

greeneyed

First Grade
Have we officially withdrawn the offer to Thurston? RLW says Souths are after him...

RLW in "The Mole" column also reports: "I hear the Canberra Raiders won't be unhappy to see the back of Brad Drew, off to Huddersfield. Players privately claim he doesn't really want to be with the club. And that seems to have been reflected by some of his on field efforts."

THANKS FOR THAT INSIGHT SCOOP!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still want to know why Drew is not in any team, but is also not on the injured list either...... :? :? :? The club must just be giving him a long time to pack.....

edabomb

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Have we officially withdrawn the offer to Thurston? RLW says Souths are after him...

RLW in "The Mole" column also reports: "I hear the Canberra Raiders won't be unhappy to see the back of Brad Drew, off to Huddersfield. Players privately claim he doesn't really want to be with the club. And that seems to have been reflected by some of his on field efforts."

THANKS FOR THAT INSIGHT SCOOP!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahaha thats the funniest thing I've read all day. I was certain Drew was having a whale of a time at Canberra. He always looks so enthusiastic, and that fight with Davico was just like 2 brothers having a go at each other :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
The Mole in RLW is the biggest doofus. He/she takes stories which are on the borderline of obvious and turns them into "inside scoops"

Anonymous

Juniors
I think if we got Amos Roberts AND Kidwell it would signal the death of Bulgarelli's short and very painful first grade career.

I think that's somthing we can ALL support?

SOULS 04

Juniors
that i would agree with
no doubt get boogs out
send him to another club... im sure souths would give him a contract

That's not right raider lover the side would be more like:

1. Schifcofske
2. Roberts
3. Mogg
4. Monaghan
5. Robertson
6. Smith
7. McLinden
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Davico
11. Hindmarsh
12. Kidwell
13. Croker

14. Martin
15. Hodgson
16. Thompson
17. Carney

Raider_69

Post Whore
I would prefer

1. Schifcofske
2. Graham
3. Mogg
4. Monaghan
5. Robertson/Roberts
6. Gafa
7. McLinden
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Davico
11. Hindmarsh
12. Croker
13. Smith

14. Hodgson
15. Kidwell
16. Weymen
17. Carney

thickos

First Grade
from raiders.com.au

02/07/04: The Fone Zone Canberra Raiders today announced that local junior and wing speedster Michael Robertson has signed on for a further two seasons at the Club.

Robertson, a local junior from the Valley Dragons Club has had an impressive 2004, holding out strong competition for his wing position, and has lined up in every first grade outing for the Raiders this season.

The 21-year-old came in to the season having played just 27 first grade games, since making his debut against the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville in Round 22 of 2001.

Robertson, who is a product of the Raiders junior development structure, was plagued by persistent hamstring problems early in his first grade career, but has excelled in an injury-free season 2004.

The 84kg winger made a meteoric rise to first grade at the tender age of 18.

The former Erindale College student was named captain of the Raiders SG Ball (U’18’s) team in 2001, before being elevated after just one round into Wayne Collins’ Premier League line-up.

The light-weight winger was thrust in to first grade after several stunning displays in Premier League, however at first struggled to find his feet in the top grade.

This season, a more experienced and bulked-up Robertson has been one of the Green Machine’s most consistent performers, crossing for seven tries in fifteen matches.

The new deal ties Robertson to the Raiders until the end of the 2006 season.

"I always said I would have preferred to stay and I’m glad its worked out that way," said Roberston.

"I’ve been in Canberra most of my life and I really wasn’t looking to move on, I’m pretty happy here."

"There was a little bit of interest there (from other Clubs) but I always wanted to stay with the Raiders," he added.

"All my mates are here at the Club, and knowing the structure and having the great coaching staff made it a pretty easy decision for me."

Raiders head coach Matthew Elliott stressed that Robertson’s signature is as important as any other at the Club.

"Robbo has been outstanding for us this season," he said.

He’s made that wing position his own with some really good performances and as his body matures and he gets a full season under his belt…he could be a future representative player."

"You’ve got to remember he’s still only 21, he’s got a lot of football ahead of him and a lot of improvement in him yet," he added.

greeneyed

First Grade
WIN TV News suggested tonight that although Joel Monaghan was going to talk to Manly and the Roosters next week, the Raiders are "favourites" to retain Monaghan. The coach said the club is aggresively looking to sign up and coming players from other clubs for the back line to play beside him.

Monaghan has been ruled out of this weekend's game.

And WIN TV news suggests the club is interested in Albert Hopoate from the Roosters lower grade squad.