What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

greeneyed

First Grade
jed said:
greeneyed said:
Meanwhile it was reported Joel Monaghan is prepared to take less to stay in Canberra than the amount he expects other clubs.

This could be taken as good or bad news. Good because it means we don't necessarily have to use up our entire salary cap to re-sign him. Bad because it could be seen as a sign that he is still contemplating moving away, for the right price.

And I wouldn't rule out him going somewhere if "it is good for his football" for around the same or even a lower price....

thickos

First Grade
This whole 'its good for my football' line is total BS. Joel should take a step back and realise which club got him up to speed regarding motivation and fitness, if his ego isn't too inflated I'm sure he can remember that at the start of last season he was slower than Rutcho across the club's time trial!

Jenno, Elliott and co. have done wonders for him and turned him from a gangly carrot-top to a proven match winner. If that isnt 'what is good for his football' then I don't know what is.

However his comments today are the most pleasing I've heard for awhile. Amazing how everything sounds when it isn't being trumpeted out of Banaghan's arse....

thickos said:
However his comments today are the most pleasing I've heard for awhile. Amazing how everything sounds when it isn't being trumpeted out of Banaghan's arse....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EXCELLENT STUFF

I personally think the roosters rumours were brought about via the branaghan connection, him knowing hodges was going to go and the rumour circulating about monas and the roosters is to big a coincidence for it not to be setup by this idiot manager, however, I knew the roosters would resign cross, and having the talent they do and the little money that they do I highly doubt they could afford to match our offer to monaghan anyway even if it doesnt have anything to do with money.

greeneyed

First Grade
Honestly, I am still a bit worried. The words I heard on the news out of Joel's actual mouth, didn't really say... I will stay for less... that was what Phil Small said. What I heard Joel say from his mouth was that "money is not the most important thing" ... and something like he will "do what is best for himself and his football". It is reported as best I remember it. But I wasn't left with the same impression as Phil Small seemed to be, given what Joel himself said. Still, I presume Phil Small interviewed him, so I hope he has the context....... I am hopeful Joel will stay now, but not convinced. But the intro line from Small clearly said that Joel would stay in Canberra for less....

greeneyed

First Grade
There's only two more hours... that's all the time we've got.. just two more hours... before they sign them up.... is now only officially 2 more hours until the deadline is up....

jed

First Grade
Nothing said on Sports tonight - only Ryan Cross & Jason Ryles, both re-signing.

thickos

First Grade
:D Good! Considering the form the kid is in he would be a welcome addition. Pace to burn and good vision. Plus as he is proving at the moment for the Panthers he is a backup half if necessary, good with his hands on the ball. :clap:

Edwahu

Bench
Is Roberts only a contingency if Monas goes?
Imagine the tryscoring potential in a backline of Schif, Roberts, Mogg, Monas, Graham if our halves clicked !

I am so glad to hear that management is pursuing top line players such as Kidwell and Roberts. Here's hoping we sign 'em.

greeneyed

First Grade
WIN TV news said that we put an offer on the table for Amos Roberts late today. The coach confirmed David Kidwell has been to Canberra for discussions and he said Kidwell is a "guy with a great nature" and he is excited about what he could offer the team.

Joel Monaghan was interviewed and said he would visit the Roosters and Manly clubs next week for discussions and to see how their football clubs run, with a decision to follow.

The club has re-signed Michael Robertson, but Phil Small says that Wiki is likely to sign with a UK club.

The club is also interested in Panthers centre/second rower Richard Fa'aoso:

http://www.panthers.com.au/index.php?id=86

im so keen on roberts

with wiki gone:-

1. Schifcofske
2. Graham
3. Gafa
4. Monoghan
5. Roberts
6. Smith
7. McLinden
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Davico
11. Hodgson
12. Hindmarsh
13. Kidwell

14. Croker
15. Weyman
16. Rothery
17. Carney

18. Campese
19. Robertson
20. Mogg
21. Martin
22. Thompson
23. Kahler
24. Miller
25. Elliot will pick BUGA-ALLEY :evil:

other than that thats a good side

thickos

First Grade
greeneyed said:
WIN TV news said that we put an offer on the table for Amos Roberts late today. The coach confirmed David Kidwell has been to Canberra for discussions and he said Kidwell is a "guy with a great nature" and he is excited about what he could offer the team.
He aint no Wiki but he will go a fair way to filling the void.

Joel Monaghan was interviewed and said he would visit the Roosters and Manly clubs next week for discussions and to see how their football clubs run, with a decision to follow.
Curiouser and curiouser... If you love us so much Joely boy why is there the need to visit other clubs next week....

The club has re-signed Michael Robertson, but Phil Small says that Wiki is likely to sign with a UK club.
Good news for Robbo. I'm at the 'acceptance' stage in the grieving process with regards to Wiki :cry:

The club is also interested in Panthers centre/second rower Richard Fa'aoso:

http://www.panthers.com.au/index.php?id=86
Straight to PL buddy boy...

This is what we should be doing. Buying prospects who may not make such an impact straight away, but who may be valuable a few years down the track, is a very good strategy. The Roosters do it, and we should be doing it more.