What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

Anonymous

Juniors
Hmmmm if he's actually come to Canberra I doubt it's just for 'discussions'. You can discuss things over the phone.

I think he'll sign. I just hope we still have some money to chase an outside back.

legend

Coach
Not I. Another journeyman like Tyran Smith. Kidwell has been to the Rams, Eels, Roosters, Storm and now, probably us.

Don't forget England. :lol:

But just because he's a journeyman doesn't mean he's not a good player. He is a NZ rep after all and was one of the best against the Aussies earlier this year.

chub

Juniors
with Jenno doing a bit of work with him I think it could be a good signing, remembering how much SOME of our other forwards have come on with him

legend

Coach
Cross has just re-signed with the Roosters for two more seasons so is there still enough money left to sign Monaghan? He would have had a contract upgrade for sure.

jed

First Grade
This "some guy" always seems to have all the inside goss. Shame he's never around when he's proven wrong.

Earl

Coach
I bloody well reckon. So far this year the Roosters have signed Pritchard, Firman, Lockyer, Tahu, Monaghan, Matt Orford plus many more as well as re-signing their current crop.

greeneyed

First Grade
On WIN TV news tonight, it was announced that the Raiders have now formally re-signed Todd Carney for four years. Carney said he wanted to stay close to home, plus he has played all his junior football with the Raiders and doesn't want to live in Sydney at this age.

Meanwhile it was reported Joel Monaghan is prepared to take less to stay in Canberra than the amount he expects other clubs. He says his manager advises it is not all about money, but what is good for him and his football.... (I'm still not confident....)

An announcement from Wiki is expected to take longer than it does for Monaghan to make up his mind.

Edwahu

Bench
Didnt we offer Monas 250k?
Manly or Parra could offer him more I guess but thats about it.

Great news about Carney.

greeneyed said:
On WIN TV news tonight, it was announced that the Raiders have now formally re-signed Todd Carney for four years. Carney said he wanted to stay close to home, plus he has played all his junior football with the Raiders and doesn't want to live in Sydney at this age.

Meanwhile it was reported Joel Monaghan is prepared to take less to stay in Canberra than the amount he expects other clubs. He says his manager advises it is not all about money, but what is good for him and his football.... (I'm still not confident....)

An announcement from Wiki is expected to take longer than it does for Monaghan to make up his mind.

That's great news... BUT if he does go, that just shows that loyalty isn't important to him, because he's just said that it's not about money.

If he'd rather go to a club like the Roosters that would win him a premiership in the next year or two, then it's taking the cheap way out. Same goes for his rep career. If he works hard enough, he'll represent, even playing for us. Had he not been injured and had he played Country this year, I have no doubt that he would've been a replacement for Gasnier or Minichiello when they were dropped early on. He would've been ahead of Devere and Rooney for sure.

Considering the "it's not about the money" comments, I will be very upset if he leaves.

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Meanwhile it was reported Joel Monaghan is prepared to take less to stay in Canberra than the amount he expects other clubs.

This could be taken as good or bad news. Good because it means we don't necessarily have to use up our entire salary cap to re-sign him. Bad because it could be seen as a sign that he is still contemplating moving away, for the right price.

Latest posts