What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player market news

Edwahu

Bench
I was looking on the Rorters site and it said Jamie Soward is off contract. Why dont we try and get him back along with a couple of other gun players the Roosters had previously stolen off some poor club, like A.Hopoate or Jermaine Ale.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea thats a fair point... how about we throw buckets at them to go to someone who needs them, souths 8)
Zillman, Dobson, Carney and McLinden
not a bad selection of play makers

thickos

First Grade
Carl Webb has ruled himself out of coming to the ACT. Cowboys or Knights for the big unit.

Another unsucessful foray from management...

Bugger.

I think it was always gonna be more hopeful than anything though. He'll either choose the Knights because the Queensland coach is their coach, or he'll stay in QLD with the Cowboys.

Livebynight

Juniors
Maybe some players just dont want to move to Canberra?

I think management has to save some of the extra money we will know have to keep players like Schif, Woolford, etc when they are off contract next year. Maybe we will need to pay them a little more so they dont get poached. I guess thats one good thing to come out of not getting anyone for next year other than Smith and Russo.

It would be good to get another establish forward or back though. Graham started the year well last year but faded away to reserves what if that happens again? And maybe weyman isn't upto starting 1st grade every week? I never get to see reserves play. I hope carney has a quick transition fitting into a regular spot he looks like he could be really good.

I still dont understand why management didnt handle the monas thing better after elliot saying it could of been better. He's a local thats developed into a good player and should of been priority #1 as soon as the season started. And did we really let Davico go in a last ditch effort to offer him more? It couldnt be the only reason? They could of kept him till they new about monas? Davico is a big loss but he was only good for about 2 more seasons anyway, we just lost him a season or 2 early.

Raider Azz

Bench
I heard on the radio this morning that Fielden is interested in coming to Australia, but his club has no intention whatsoever in releasing him.

WE need to nab some established players. one forward, one back... only problem is there is no one left. we must have heaps to spend. FFS management you screwed it.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Livebynight said:
Graham started the year well last year but faded away to reserves what if that happens again?
From what I heard from a reliable source, he had minor injury problems that most people probably didn't know about. I think from memory that he went into surgery on his knee straight after the reggies GF... but then again, it may have been just before it. Not quite sure tho. I also think that contract negotiations may have affected his form a bit... who knows?

Livebynight said:
And maybe weyman isn't upto starting 1st grade every week? I never get to see reserves play.
Weyman has been injured plenty of times and always seems to come back strongly in reggies but then gets injured just before getting the opportunity to play NRL

greeneyed

First Grade
Graham was playing injured last year. He played in the PL GF win though and had his operation post season. He should have been brought up to the NRL team earlier this year than he was; unfortunately injury intervenes again.

Weyman has had a wrist injury; potentially career ending if he breaks it again. He has played very well in PL since recently coming back.

gcbronco

Juniors
Centre of attention
Steve Ricketts, rugby league
15jul04

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,10140120%5E10389,00.html

BRISBANE Broncos winger Craig Frawley is close to accepting an offer to play centre for the Canberra Raiders next season.

The Raiders have offered Frawley far more than the Broncos can afford, viewing the 23-year-old as a possible centre replacement for Joel Monaghan who will join the Roosters next year.

Centre is Frawley's preferred position and Brisbane already boast Brent Tate, Shaun Berrigan, David Stagg and Tonie Carroll, who can fill the position, and Justin Hodges will join the club next year.

"Several clubs have shown interest in Craig but things have come to a head with the Canberra offer," Frawley's manager David Phillips said last night.

"Monaghan's departure creates an opportunity for Craig but the Broncos have been really good to him through two knee reconstructions. It's not an easy decision."

Livebynight

Juniors
Whats he go like? I can't say ive seen much of him.
I REALLY despise the Broncos. So i usually hate all there players except for the odd one that doesn't seem like a wanker. So id rather someone else haha but if hes decent then its ok.