What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who never reached their potential

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Nik Kosef.

What he did after four knee recos...It's scary to think what he would have been if he didn't have those injuries.

Nik managed to play for Australia/NSW in that 1995-1999 period. If he hadn't have need 4 knee recos, he would have finished one of the highest capped NSW/Aust players.

A genuine ball playing lock.

The Joker

Juniors
The Wests halfback in the 90s. Glen Air i think. Was supposed to be the next Langer.

Glen Air played for the Steelers except for one season he had for the Tigers in 2002. I reckon you are thinking of Willie Newton

Parra Guru

Coach
Eric Grothe Junior hands down.

Give him Luke Burt's attitude towards footy & training and he would have been the best winger in the game for a long time.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Luke Branighan and Willie Peters

Luke Branighan. f**k me, yes!

Had a spot at Saints as long as he wanted it in 2000. Left for the Sharks, did his knee and never played in the NRL again.

Willie Peters. LOL. He was rubbish. Looked like Rimmer from Red Dwarf and was as big a jerk when he was on the pizz, which was often.

Johns Magic

Referee
Cooper Vuna could be chucked in on this list.

Had the potential to be a competition top tryscorer for a long time...instead he was injured on and off for a couple of years and then went to Union.

_snafu_

Immortal
Luke Branighan. f**k me, yes!

Had a spot at Saints as long as he wanted it in 2000. Left for the Sharks, did his knee and never played in the NRL again.

Willie Peters. LOL. He was rubbish. Looked like Rimmer from Red Dwarf and was as big a jerk when he was on the pizz, which was often.

Haha, too true!

The Joker

Juniors
I remember Radonikas was the coach and this halfback was skinny but very tall.

Craig Coleman
Steve Georgallis
Leo Dynevor
Dane Dorahy
Chris Marland
Willie Newton

They are the halfbacks of about that time that played for the Magpies