What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who never reached their potential

Timbo

Staff member
Mark McLinden was another coming out of Canberra.

Jeez, I honestly thought we'd found the next Daley there.

Fibroman

First Grade
Na he was a Polo I think. I'll look for the article...

EDIT

Found it:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ns-rich-contract/story-e6freooo-1111114039573

Greg Waddell (16yrs) in 2007. Therefore 20yrs now, where is he???

Carved up in SG Ball a couple of years ago and played in the u/20's when he was still 17.

Missed a full season with a knee reco, then contracted Golden Staf after a wrist operation.

Played a few games of u/20's last year but again had a bad run with injuries.

applesauce

Bench
Carved up in SG Ball a couple of years ago and played in the u/20's when he was still 17.

Missed a full season with a knee reco, then contracted Golden Staf after a wrist operation.

Played a few games of u/20's last year but again had a bad run with injuries.

Wow, that's unlucky.

Didgi

Obediah Geia was supposed to be the next big thing for the Cowboys.

I think there is some argument that, recognition wise, Matt Bowen. Stuck behind some others for rep honours and then suffering those knee injuries. Now hopefully he can keep getting back to his best :D

Waddell is still rated by many I think, could well still play first grade.

Silent Knight

First Grade
jarrod mullen was meant to be better then the great andrew johns

A completely unfair expectation that is no different to the media claiming Braith Anasta would become the next Brad Fittler. Mullen was NEVER going to measure up to Joey's standards, and all this comparison achieved was to put unnecessary pressure on the kid at the start of his emerging NRL career. Jarrod was never given the opportunity to become his own player.

Mullen should never have been picked for that one origin game in 2007 either, Brian Smith was right to object to his selection because he wasn't ready. People were talking him up as the savior of NSW, no surprise he crashed and burned under the weight of expectation. And after he was dropped after one game, he lost all confidence and self-esteem in his playing ability. Another genious NSW selection.

Blake Lazarus was predicted to go onto big things by Tigers fans in late 2007 and carved up the Toyota Cup for 4 weeks in 2008 before he did his knee and missed the rest of the season. In 2009 he did his other knee (I think, could be wrong), in the trials and missed another whole season. Got a short gig in 2010, but by then he was well and truely behind Moltzen and Lui in the pecking order.

gronkathon

First Grade
He will be making an appearance in NSW State Cup this weekend MM. Had some time in France and now back again

Hooch

Juniors
Tim Smith. f**k he could play in that first season. Surprised he hasn't been mentioned.

He will be making an appearance in NSW State Cup this weekend MM. Had some time in France and now back again

Good to hear, but now he's probably 4th choice halfback (behind Lui, Marshall and Miller), which is a shame because back in 2008-2009 many Tigers fans had him on par with or even ahead of Moltzen.

Latest posts