What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG bid for NRL

beave

Coach
What is your solution to this poverty? Because the PNG government see an NRL side as a very important part of the development of their country. Economically and socially. People like you want to deny them that opportunity so you can forever say "look, they are poor". It's a catch 22. People like you want to prevent the very thing the government there is trying to use to help its people. Why? Because you think you, a foreigner, can tell this sovereign nation how to run its affairs. Meanwhile there are people on your own doorstep living in third world conditions and you just blow that off as an insignificant issue. If you can't solve the problems in your own backyard you have even less right to impose your will on people from another country.

You are an A+ assclown.

Who gives a f**k what my solution is, the thread isn't 'Beaves solution to the PNG poverty problem'...................... The main problem with PNG is that it's highly isolated and there is f**k all industry over there, other than flying everyone out of the joint, god knows what the solution is to their poverty, I'm posting on this thread to say PNG ain't gonna get a team for a long time. Forever deny them the opportunity????:lol::lol: read my posts you muppet, I want them to have a team down the track. The rest of your post is utter diatribe, and your first response to me, how the f**k would you know what color I am????? Who's to say I am not of PNG, Torres Strait or Koori heritage myself????

I suggest you stop making an ass of yourself, if Bunniesman can wipe the floor with you in here then you have massive problems.

You are an A+ assclown.

Who gives a f**k what my solution is, the thread isn't 'Beaves solution to the PNG poverty problem'...................... The main problem with PNG is that it's highly isolated and there is f**k all industry over there, other than flying everyone out of the joint, god knows what the solution is to their poverty, I'm posting on this thread to say PNG ain't gonna get a team for a long time. Forever deny them the opportunity????:lol::lol: read my posts you muppet, I want them to have a team down the track. The rest of your post is utter diatribe, and your first response to me, how the f**k would you know what color I am????? Who's to say I am not of PNG, Torres Strait or Koori heritage myself????

I suggest you stop making an ass of yourself, if Bunniesman can wipe the floor with you in here then you have massive problems.
So you have no solution. Well,the PNG government does. It's working to do the best for its people. And it believes an NRL team is part of that process. Who are you to say otherwise? Apart from a self-appointed expert on PNG who does nothing but belittle the people of that country constantly. The people running the bid live there, including highly credentialled Australians and PNG people, and they know what they are doing. They have a plan that covers every angle and they are already implementing it from the bottom up. But you think you can tell these people that they are wrong. You think you can tell the government and people of a sovereign nation that they don't have the right to determine their own future. And I know you're white because I said you were ages ago and you never argued. But it's not even relevent. The point is you think you can foist your western, colonial ideas on people from another country that you see as inferior and that as a result those ideas are fundamentally right while those of those people are fundamentally wrong. You don't even have the facts about the bid and how it will work and you still, out of hand, reject any notion that these people could have a viable proposition, simply because "they are poor".

Eels Dude

Coach
If the NRL gave PNG the green light now it would be more than ready to compete by the end of the decade. But no green light means they can't move forward with the process. There is no risk from the NRL's point of view. Everything the big promises WILL happen. It just needs to be ticked off. The NRL could even let them in in 2020 with provisions they have to meet along the way and it would be enough to set the ball rolling. They could review the decison in 2015 or 2017 and if they aren't on track they could delay them for as long as is necessary. But the must be given a reason to do the work. What it takes is FORESIGHT, something Gallop, the NRL and rugby league people in general are completely lacking.

Ok now it's obvious.

You are thinking with emotions with and not common sense like the rest of us. It's clear you've got a passion for having a PNG side in the NRL and there's no harm in that. In fact I admire your passion.

But by thinking with emotion as opposed to common sense then your opinions are clouded.

Bunniesman is a fool of the highest order but he made a brilliant post just a little while and sums up this discussion perfectly.

give it up champ, you're a raving lunatic.
And you're an ignorant pillock who doesn't know the facts about the bid but are still happy to make judgements based solely on your prejudies against the people of PNG.

Ok now it's obvious.

You are thinking with emotions with and not common sense like the rest of us. It's clear you've got a passion for having a PNG side in the NRL and there's no harm in that. In fact I admire your passion.

But by thinking with emotion as opposed to common sense then your opinions are clouded.

Bunniesman is a fool of the highest order but he made a brilliant post just a little while and sums up this discussion perfectly.
No it doesn't. He is doing what the rest of you are doing. You're jumping to conclusions based on generalised but wholly irrelevent facts, like how many TV stations there are or how many people have TV sets, how much money people make etc. None of it matters. The club will more than pay its own way. It's all in the bid. It's all laid out in the plans. Do you think the people running the bid don't know they have to be financially viable? They have worked for some time now on a plan to prove just how viable they will be. And it makes perfect sense. I'll give you a clue. If the ABC were to show a program on TV who would pay for the rights to acquire that program?

Eels Dude

Coach
If the NRL gave PNG the green light now it would be more than ready to compete by the end of the decade. But no green light means they can't move forward with the process. There is no risk from the NRL's point of view. Everything the big promises WILL happen. It just needs to be ticked off. The NRL could even let them in in 2020 with provisions they have to meet along the way and it would be enough to set the ball rolling. They could review the decison in 2015 or 2017 and if they aren't on track they could delay them for as long as is necessary. But the must be given a reason to do the work. What it takes is FORESIGHT, something Gallop, the NRL and rugby league people in general are completely lacking.

Ok now it's obvious.

Eels Dude

Coach
No it doesn't. He is doing what the rest of you are doing. You're jumping to conclusions based on generalised but wholly irrelevent facts, like how many TV stations there are or how many people have TV sets, how much money people make etc. None of it matters. The club will more than pay its own way. It's all in the bid. It's all laid out in the plans. Do you think the people running the bid don't know they have to be financially viable? They have worked for some time now on a plan to prove just how viable they will be. And it makes perfect sense. I'll give you a clue. If the ABC were to show a program on TV who would pay for the rights to acquire that program?

No one is jumping to conclusions. No one is even attempting to.

As I said you are thinking with your heart and not your head. You are passionate we get it. The bid is there we get it. Use common sense and just for 2 minutes pretend what it's like for an outsider looking in and using common sense.

Where were you born? What's your heritage? I can proudly state that mine is mixed.

And you made a stupid response to Beave's point... The NRL isn't here to solve PNG's poverty problem. If they can help out by donations etc fair enough, but suggesting that the NRL should admit a PNG side BECAUSE it will improve it will improve their poverty situation... well I'm sorry mate but you're confusing professional sporting competitions with charity organisations.

beave

Coach
And you're an ignorant pillock who doesn't know the facts about the bid but are still happy to make judgements based solely on your prejudies against the people of PNG.

prejudices????

don't talk utter shit, I have no prejudices whatsoever against the people of PNG, don't try and make crap up. I have nothing but respect for the people of that country after having the luck of being able to trip around the joint a fair few times in my life. If pointing out the fact that the majority of PNG are very poor means I have prejudices against them, then you either need to pull your head out of your ass or go and read a dictionary as to what the term 'prejudice' means.......................

Here's a little pic I would like to share with you just to show how 'prejudiced' I am, on word of our last ever work trip to PNG, a few of us went around and gathered up as much clothing, bedding and anything else we could get our hands on from our own supply and from around Townsville and got it taken over and dispersed around a few communities and villages.
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

you can tell by the looks of joy on their faces, that these people thought we were real prejudiced being able to give them some help...................... you're a f**king muppet.

No one is jumping to conclusions. No one is even attempting to.

As I said you are thinking with your heart and not your head. You are passionate we get it. The bid is there we get it. Use common sense and just for 2 minutes pretend what it's like for an outsider looking in and using common sense.

Where were you born? What's your heritage? I can proudly state that mine is mixed.

And you made a stupid response to Beave's point... The NRL isn't here to solve PNG's poverty problem. If they can help out by donations etc fair enough, but suggesting that the NRL should admit a PNG side BECAUSE it will improve it will improve their poverty situation... well I'm sorry mate but you're confusing professional sporting competitions with charity organisations.
No one is asking the NRL to be a charity. They are asking the NRL to do the right thing by rugby league. That is what the NRL SHOULD be doing anyway. This bid has sufficient merit to succeed on those grounds. It even has sufficient merit to succeed on the grounds of being of benefit to the NRL itself, not just to RL in general. It will be a viable franchise. It will contribute to the finances of the league. It will expand the NRL player talent pool. It will expand the support base. It will bring in new sponsors. It will give the competition more international credibility. If the NRL wants to show how it can encompass greater support at all levels compared to other codes PNG can deliver in a big way. How many AFL teams can claim seven million supporters? The benefits to the NRL are significant and in many cases unique.

When I talk about the social and economic benefits to the nation it is in direct reponse to people who try to claim that an NRL team is not appropriate for the country because of its social and economic problems. Not only is it part of the solution to those problems it is also viable despite them. The NRL can be part of thats solution. No one is asking the NRL to act on those grounds, simply that their acceptance of a PNG club will be more than just beneficial for it and for RL. The PNG people and their governemt see the benefits to their country and are acting on it. The NRL is simply asked to allow it to happen while reaping all the benefits mentioned above.

prejudices????

don't talk utter shit, I have no prejudices whatsoever against the people of PNG, don't try and make crap up. I have nothing but respect for the people of that country after having the luck of being able to trip around the joint a fair few times in my life. If pointing out the fact that the majority of PNG are very poor means I have prejudices against them, then you either need to pull your head out of your ass or go and read a dictionary as to what the term 'prejudice' means.......................

Here's a little pic I would like to share with you just to show how 'prejudiced' I am, on word of our last ever work trip to PNG, a few of us went around and gathered up as much clothing, bedding and anything else we could get our hands on from our own supply and from around Townsville and got it taken over and dispersed around a few communities and villages.
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

you can tell by the looks of joy on their faces, that these people thought we were real prejudiced being able to give them some help...................... you're a f**king muppet.
How patronising. Did you give them glass beads as well? These are the people who you say are unfit to decide their own social and economic destiny.

beave

Coach
you are beyond help.

I give up with you. If you think giving people who are worse off than you some gifts is patronizing, then again, you are f**ked in the head.

It's certainly patronising when you are happy to give them trinkets but not give them the right and freedom to make decisions about their economic and social future designed to benefit the whole nation.

Eels Dude

Coach
No one is asking the NRL to be a charity. They are asking the NRL to do the right thing by rugby league. That is what the NRL SHOULD be doing anyway. This bid has sufficient merit to succeed on those grounds. It even has sufficient merit to succeed on the grounds of being of benefit to the NRL itself, not just to RL in general. It will be a viable franchise. It will contribute to the finances of the league. It will expand the NRL player talent pool. It will expand the support base. It will bring in new sponsors. It will give the competition more international credibility. If the NRL wants to show how it can encompass greater support at all levels compared to other codes PNG can deliver in a big way. How many AFL teams can claim seven million supporters? The benefits to the NRL are significant and in many cases unique.

When I talk about the social and economic benefits to the nation it is in direct reponse to people who try to claim that an NRL team is not appropriate for the country because of its social and economic problems. Not only is it part of the solution to those problems it is also viable despite them. The NRL can be part of thats solution. No one is asking the NRL to act on those grounds, simply that their acceptance of a PNG club will be more than just beneficial for it and for RL. The PNG people and their governemt see the benefits to their country and are acting on it. The NRL is simply asked to allow it to happen while reaping all the benefits mentioned above.

FFS are you that thick you cannot even understand someone's point properly? Read all my posts again and then come back and tell me how you are not acting with emotion.

And do you not understand the difference between a professional sporting COMPETITION and a sporting code in general?

Do you see the English Premier League COMPETITION investing money to help improve soccer in Australia?

Eels Dude

Coach
It's certainly patronising when you are happy to give them trinkets but not give them the right and freedom to make decisions about their economic and social future designed to benefit the whole nation.

Who's stopping them from starting up their own professional rugby league competition? It's certainly not the NRL.

FFS are you that thick you cannot even understand someone's point properly? Read all my posts again and then come back and tell me how you are not acting with emotion.

And do you not understand the difference between a professional sporting COMPETITION and a sporting code in general?

Do you see the English Premier League COMPETITION investing money to help improve soccer in Australia?
No, but I am seeing the NRL fall into the hands of an independent commission whose charter it is to do the right thing by the sport of rugby league. Not that this means a PNG team is only good for RL in general and not the NRL specifically. I already pointed out how this club would benefit the NRL AND RL in general AND PNG as a nation. You seem to be the one not reading.

nqcowboy87

Bench

the irony and hypocrisy of this post is unbelievable and voids any contribution you make further. youve never been there and rely on here say, whereas people like me and the other posters who have been there rely on actual first hand knowledge, so please givre this up cause youre embarrasing yourself.

Great. So what are you whingeing about?
What? New Zealand had a domestic comp too. Does that mean there is no point having the Warriros in the NRL? France has a domestic comp, does that mean there's no point having Catalans in the Super League? A PNG team in the NRL is a massive step up from the PNG domestic comp. For a whole range of reasons. They see the benefit of it. The NRL should too. If they're fair dinkum they will.

Latest posts