What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG bid for NRL

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
Hey bebcats, grow a sense of humour you flea- I'm seriously getting sick of lightweights such as your poor self. Geez, people can't have a lught these days...:crazy:

betcats

Referee
Hey bebcats, grow a sense of humour you flea- I'm seriously getting sick of lightweights such as your poor self. Geez, people can't have a lught these days...:crazy:

Im not into the whole politically correct bullshit but i wont f**king laugh at you making fun of a situation where Aussie soldiers(amongst a lot of others) got used as slave labour and tortured and killed.

My sense of humour is fine, you can f**k yourself.

bobmar28

Bench
Im not into the whole politically correct bullshit but i wont f**king laugh at you making fun of a situation where Aussie soldiers(amongst a lot of others) got used as slave labour and tortured and killed.

Get a sense of humour.

Gaseous Clay

Juniors

Listen up, you good for nothing pube; I'll make jokes about Jews, Mediterranean Descendants, Nips, Chinks, Skips, Japs, Poms, Muzzies, Monkeys, Chickens, Gooks, aborigines, Whitey and all the rest- and guess what? people will keep on laughing. Why? because its funny and its how good humans react to situations - get over it you good for nothing shite burger. Also, my pop fought the Japs in PNG and rather than be hateful like you, was reflective and made the odd joke about the Japs until the day he died- better to laugh than hate I reckon, says a lot about your character.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Listen up, you good for nothing pube; I'll make jokes about Jews, Mediterranean Descendants, Nips, Chinks, Skips, Japs, Poms, Muzzies, Monkeys, Chickens, Gooks, aborigines, Whitey and all the rest- and guess what? people will keep on laughing. Why? because its funny and its how good humans react to situations - get over it you good for nothing shite burger. Also, my pop fought the Japs in PNG and rather than be hateful like you, was reflective and made the odd joke about the Japs until the day he died- better to laugh than hate I reckon, says a lot about your character.

Geez I can see your going to add a great deal to the intellectual pool of this forum!:crazy:

We look forward to more of your wise postings that add to the great debate on RL matters.:roll:

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
Geez I can see your going to add a great deal to the intellectual pool of this forum!:crazy:

We look forward to more of your wise postings that add to the great debate on RL matters.:roll:

What, can't you have a laugh Sand Groper?

You make yourself out like some kind of wise sage of Rugby League W.A - You have 0 idea about the workings of the expansion, so please, stop the fake parade.

betcats

Referee

Good on your pop then.

Im happy you find all those things funny, I laughed at those jokes when i was in primary school too.

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
Good on your pop then.

Im happy you find all those things funny, I laughed at those jokes when i was in primary school too.

Mate, all nastiness aside, if we can't laugh at ourselves and each other what is the point of it all. I'm sad for you that you lost your sense of humour after primary school- Life is too serious, just have a laugh every now and again.

Allo

Juniors
Happy to hear Adrian Lam is back on board.

Does anybody know if the Australian Prime Minister's XIII Vs PNG Prime Minister's XIII will be televised?

PM for Qld Cup
PNG must learn to crawl before it walks – sources

By HAIVETA KIVIA and
OSEAH PHILEMON

PNG could be fielding a team in the Queensland Cup rugby league competition before making any further moves towards the Australian National Rugby League competition.
It is understood the Prime Minister Peter O’Neill indicated during a meeting with top PNG rugby league officials that the Government would support PNG having a team in the Queensland Cup competition.
The Government has yet to formalise its stand on the matter although O’Neill has already stated that the Government would not support the PNG NRL Bid pushed by the former Somare Government.
The view that PNG should first enter the Queensland Cup competition is supported by rugby league sources who say PNG should learn to crawl before it walks – meaning it should taste the standard of rugby league in Australia through the strong Queensland competition to gain experience before contemplating any moves to graduate into the toughest rugby league competition in the world.
PNG NRL Bid is looking to gaining a license to enter a team in Australian National Rugby League and faces stiff opposition from five other bids from Australia and New Zealand based teams, and experts have predicted that it may take PNG much longer to realise its dream.
PNG previously had a team in Queensland Cup in the form of Port Moresby Vipers during the years of Super League and Australian Rugby League war in 1995 and 1996.
PNGRFL joined Super League and Port Moresby rugby league decided to join ARL.
POMRFL was disqualified by PNGRFL to participate in the then SP Inter-city Cup and was granted affiliation with Queensland Cup and they performed well but the unification of the leagues and serious financial problems did not allow them to continue.
With the PNG Government backing, under the instructions of Prime Minister O’Neil, a PNG team playing in the Queensland Cup will be sustained and the team is poised to do well while waiting for a NRL License.
Most of the bids have their teams playing in a competition in Australia, either in New South Wales or Queensland and will draw from there once they are granted a license.
O’Neill wants PNG NRL Bid to do the same.
Deputy Prime Minister Belden Namah who was in Lae at the weekend for the PNG Prime Minister’s 13 play against the Australian Prime Minister’s 13 is reported to have said he would ask the Prime Minister to support the PNG Bid for NRL.
Any decision for PNG to enter any Australian competition will include upgrading infrastructure to international level, upgrading security and a whole lot of other requirements as would be specified by Queensland Rugby League.

http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20110928/wehome.htm

Goddo

Bench
Sensible outcome. So, scratching PNG, what does that leave left for "non-heartland" bids? Perth unopposed.