What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Took them to a grand final v manly

Imagine being a Canberra fan and forgetting about Wayne Bennett taking them to their first ever grand final
anyway back to PNG.
you ready to pay up on our bet yet?

“We’re looking at an 18th team for 2027 or 2028. It won’t be 2026,' - Vlandys

All have the largest population numbers
Two things favouring PNG and Perth is Labor are governing WA and Australia with Peter Beattie and Kate Jones on the ARLC.

I don't know if it is significant, but the Queensland Gov did help fund the Brisbane Tigers' high performance training centre and upgrade Langlands Park to make it fit for NRLW games. Last year the ground held NRLW games.

We could be looking at Perth, PNG and Tigers as the next three clubs, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

We'll know more by the end of June.

If a PNG team are announced, it will be the stupidest decision in the history of sports administration anywhere in the world.
My biggest fear is the outrage it will cause amongst Australians who are feeling the pinch. Electricity bills, rent and interest rates are getting higher. People who are struggling to put food on the table won't want to hear that their money is going towards a football team from PNG. There's plenty of people in Brisbane who don't want the 2032 Olympics due to the cost of living crisis.

Latest posts