What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poker

HevyDevy

Coach
:lol:

How many pros and online pros do you know? Any? Ever spoken to them about how they started, where they progressed to etc etc?

Donkeys are easy money, it just takes a different style of game to beat them - and yes, sometimes they're going to get lucky. That's poker.

Ghoulies

Bench
So what's in it exactly for the online poker companies who cause this exorbitant amount of bad beats?

HevyDevy said:

How many pros and online pros do you know? Any? Ever spoken to them about how they started, where they progressed to etc etc?

Donkeys are easy money, it just takes a different style of game to beat them - and yes, sometimes they're going to get lucky. That's poker.

Yeah mate, I know thousands of poker pros. they're a dime a dozen out west and playing freerolls. They often go frolicking with the donkeys and lotto players.

Seriously, it's a mug's game online. Go play the pokies instead, just as much chance of hitting the big one.

Ausguy

Coach
found u just as went all in.... and lost....
no wonder i couldnt find u.... u got ur name wrong..... tezza look at what u wrote above lol

HevyDevy

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Yeah mate, I know thousands of poker pros. they're a dime a dozen out west and playing freerolls. They often go frolicking with the donkeys and lotto players.

Seriously, it's a mug's game online. Go play the pokies instead, just as much chance of hitting the big one.

Mate I just won't bother posting if you're going to laugh off everything I say. Not a problem for me. Enjoy your freerolls.

Ghoulies

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Why do people constantly misread my posts?

Re-read it, then top yourself you idiot.
That's lovely. Since I've clearly missed your point, maybe you can help me out with this post:

I didn't say it was cheating, I just said that Full Tilt is bad beat central.

I see it in every tourney, over and over again. Aces cracked by rubbish, players pulling the only 2 cards they needed to win. It's infuriating at times.

I had AQ, the flop came AAQ. I sat tight and some bloke raised so I called. A 9 comes on the turn, he goes all-in, I call and he's holding 2 nines.

Guess what came on the river?

And that was on the final table of an after dark tourney.
Why post this if you weren't trying to prove just how unfair online poker is? If you weren't implying that the software is responsible for these beats, what makes this kind of bad beat so common in online poker compared to the brick and mortar games? Is it the competitions' fault? Because it doesn't matter if it's a live or online event, rarely is anyone going to be folding 9s full of aces so deep into a tournament when the stacks are (presumably) short.

Ausguy

Coach
he only had 99 AA not 99 AAA...didnt he?
either way poker stars was the same last night.... so many river wins it was unbelievable.... and if u think the software is better at PS i disagree.... i got dealt 2.3 offsuit 3 times in 5 hands... that is highly unlikely..... anyway i dont really care as im only playing with play money....

Ghoulies said:
That's lovely. Since I've clearly missed your point, maybe you can help me out with this post:

Yes, you did. I never even implied they were cheating, I said FT was bad beat central.

If you can tell me where the implication is, please do.

Ghoulies said:
Why post this if you weren't trying to prove just how unfair online poker is?

No, it was an interesting example of why playing online with your money is stupid.

Ghoulies said:
If you weren't implying that the software is responsible for these beats, what makes this kind of bad beat so common in online poker compared to the brick and mortar games?

I play offline, with real people and the amount of river miracles happens much more online than IRL.

I don't claim to know enough about their software to even suggest their games are rigged though.

IRL you don't push all-in or call an all-in with an inside straight draw. Online, I think about it only because I see the miracle hit so often. I'd never do it though, unless I was significantly short-stacked.

The problem with online is that it's not reality. People will do it because of the anonimity. It's much easier to step up from the computer after a geniused call/all-in than it is to step away after doing it on the felt.

Ghoulies said:
Is it the competitions' fault? Because it doesn't matter if it's a live or online event, rarely is anyone going to be folding 9s full of aces so deep into a tournament when the stacks are (presumably) short.

I see, but you'd happily push with two pair 9's and aces with AAK on the board and 4 players seeing the flop?

Online, you pull it and yay for you.

IRL you do it and you'd be pushed from pillar to post after a stupid raise like that. 4 see the flop on a final table with 3 and 6k blinds and he's assuming no one has a king or an ace?

zombie jesus

Staff member
You're going to get bad beats when playing free rolls/play money because people don't care if they hit it or not, it's costing them nothing to chase the draw they want, if they hit it they think they're a genius, if not they just recharge their play money or wait for the next freeroll.

Even early on in the low buy in tournies you have to be careful because there are a lot of people going for the miracle cards for an early double up, if you pick your spot right you can usually take a lot of chips off them but sometimes they are going to suck out.

Latest posts