What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police harassed me: El Masri

gunnamatta bay

Referee
[furrycat] said:
Well I can vouch for him being a police officer; so wake up to yourself
Stop thinking you're so high and mighty Gunna.

He's the one who should wake up to himself. He sounds like a moron.

His example of murderer refusing to provide id is ridiculous. In that circumstance the cops would simply arrest him and use all the methods they have at their disposal to identify him if he continued to refuse. He sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about so I yes I doubt he is a real cop. You can vouch all you like.

innsaneink

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
What a load of absolute crap. I don't believe you are a police officer.

Your example is ridiculous.

:lol:

oops%20copy.jpg

[furrycat]

Coach
gunnamatta bay said:

His example of murderer refusing to provide id is ridiculous. In that circumstance the cops would simply arrest him and use all the methods they have at their disposal to identify him if he continued to refuse. He sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about so I yes I doubt he is a real cop. You can vouch all you like.

Appears you're just talking out of your own arse and using your internet law degree.
Unless 2TB has been renting a cop suit and made his own badge along with his ID, then he is a cop.

Yet again you're too stubborn.

EDIT: LOL @ BOLDED BIT.
You're a bigger forum cop than Timmah.

innsaneink

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:

and your ESP skills were not working well that particular day

Hes not an ESP cop. :crazy:

gunnamatta bay

Referee
[furrycat] said:
Appears you're just talking out of your own arse and using your internet law degree.
Unless 2TB has been renting a cop suit and made his own badge along with his ID, then he is a cop.

Yet again you're too stubborn.

I repeat. He doesn't sound like he knows what he is talking about. He comes up with a ridiculous scenario and tries to compare it to El Marsri's. The rest of his stuff is just one cop fantasy after another.

Stubborn? High and Mighty? If thats what you call sticking to my opinion on this topic so be it.

[furrycat]

Coach
gunnamatta bay said:
I repeat. He doesn't sound like he knows what he is talking about. He comes up with a ridiculous scenario and tries to compare it to El Marsri's. The rest of his stuff is just one cop fantasy after another.

Stubborn? High and Mighty? If thats what you call sticking to my opinion on this topic so be it.

No its called you believing you know more than you do. But hey whatever gets you through the day.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
innsaneink said:

Hes not an ESP cop. :crazy:

Read what he said:

We can have REAL criminals who have just killed your mother and are getting away refusing to show ID behind the mask of racism

What do you think he is trying to tell us?

What has esp got to do with anything?

innsaneink

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
Read what he said:

What do you think he is trying to tell us?

What has esp got to do with anything?

Well why dont you tell us, you seem to know all about policing and who is and isnt a cop.
You dont lknow as much as you think you do, and if you did you'd get the analogy.

[furrycat]

Coach
gunnamatta bay said:

How about this.

So you're saying the police are searching for a man who has committed a murder in the vicinity of a certain area. They approach a man who may possibly by the murderer and ask for his ID. He refuses. You're saying the police can just arrest him for that? You can't just arrest someone for that without more evidence or something to prove that the man may have been involved, because the police will have a lawsuit bigger than your ego.

Police have the right to question or detain a person if they believe on reasonable grounds that the person has committed, is committing, or is about to commit an offence. It can't be on the back of a hunch or if the man refuses to show his ID. What if the arrested a man they believed was the criminal who didn't show his ID, and turned out to be innocent? Ever heard of false arrest and the consequences of it?

if you knew what you were talking about, you'd be a police commissioner. If you were smart enough you'd understand the example.

:roll:

Game_Breaker

Coach
[furrycat] said:
So you're saying the police are searching for a man who has committed a murder in the vicinity of a certain area. They approach a man who may possibly by the murderer and ask for his ID. He refuses. You're saying the police can just arrest him for that? You can't just arrest someone for that without more evidence or something to prove that the man may have been involved, because the police will have a lawsuit bigger than your ego.

But 2TB's example was about the real murderer getting away for refusing to show ID

[furrycat]

Coach
Game_Breaker said:
But 2TB's example was about the real murderer getting away for refusing to show ID

Its a very vague example...

If the police knew it was a "real murderer" as you put it, then they'd already know who he is and what he looks like. They wouldn't be searching a crowd to find out who the name belongs to.

But if they were asking for ID in an area where a murder occurred and obtaining information, then I don't see them arresting someone for being near the scene without any real evidence.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Game_Breaker said:
We should point out that El Masri never falt out refused, he was willing to show ID if the police simply gave him a reason. He claims they didnt

why didnt he just comply with the police's request, they would have looked at his ID, realised their mistake and apologised. No dramas, instead he gets up on his religious high horse.

a few months ago i was stumbling home drunk from the local, coppers pulled up and asked for my ID, i handed it over, they went on to explain they were looking for a suspect they wished to question on some matters, they had a name, vague description (that i matched, lucky me eh?)... they took my ID realised i was not who they were looking for, wished me well and continued on their way. A very minor inconvience for me, but they were just doing their job.

Game_Breaker

Coach
[furrycat] said:
If the police knew it was a "real murderer" as you put it, then they'd already know who he is and what he looks like. They wouldn't be searching a crowd to find out who the name belongs to.

Thats true

But if they were asking for ID in an area where a murder occurred and obtaining information, then I don't see them arresting someone for being near the scene without any real evidence.

The point was, 2TB said the murderer would get away simply becqause he refused to show ID

That is very unlikely, I dont see that happening

If the police have reasonable suspision and ask for ID, and he refuses, they wont simply walk away and let him go. They will identify him, in that situation you have to show ID

[furrycat]

Coach
Raider_69 said:
why didnt he just comply with the police's request, they would have looked at his ID, realised their mistake and apologised. No dramas, instead he gets up on his religious high horse.

a few months ago i was stumbling home drunk from the local, coppers pulled up and asked for my ID, i handed it over, they went on to explain they were looking for a suspect they wished to question on some matters, they had a name, vague description (that i matched, lucky me eh?)... they took my ID realised i was not who they were looking for, wished me well and continued on their way. A very minor inconvience for me, but they were just doing their job.

Exactly the point. All he had to do was show his ID... Its not like they wanted a urine sample

Game_Breaker

Coach
Raider_69 said:

I dont know, its his choice. He was excercising his right

On the other hand, why didnt the police simply let him do what he was entitled to do

[furrycat]

Coach
Game_Breaker said:
Thats true

The point was, 2TB said the murderer would get away simply becqause he refused to show ID

That is very unlikely, I dont see that happening

If the police have reasonable suspision and ask for ID, and he refuses, they wont simply walk away and let him go. They will identify him, in that situation you have to show ID

And what if you don't? They're going to arrest you for suspicion of murder because you refuse to show your ID? Then they question you and it turns out you were no where near the scene, and they sue your arse for false arrest.

Game_Breaker

Coach
[furrycat] said:
And what if you don't? They're going to arrest you for suspicion of murder because you refuse to show your ID? Then they question you and it turns out you were no where near the scene, and they sue your arse for false arrest.

No