What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police harassed me: El Masri

Raider_69

Post Whore
Game_Breaker said:
On the other hand, why didnt the police simply let him do what he was entitled to do

perhaps the police, as in my case we're looking for a suspect and had reason to believe Hazem could be the man they were looking for.

[furrycat]

Coach
Game_Breaker said:
I dont know, its his choice. He was excercising his right

On the other hand, why didnt the police simply let him do what he was entitled to do

You've just done a backflip. You said the police could stay until they find out the identity if they believed the person committed a crime. What if Hazem/Houda matched the idea of a suspect they were looking for?

:roll:

voltron

Juniors
according to Hazem, he claims that the police gave him no reasonable reason for them asking for ID
so perhaps they didnt explain why they wanted it

[furrycat]

Coach
voltron said:
according to Hazem, he claims that the police gave him no reasonable reason for them asking for ID
so perhaps they didnt explain that

They don't have to explain.

Glad to see Gunna not reply either.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Raider_69 said:
perhaps the police, as in my case we're looking for a suspect and had reason to believe Hazem could be the man they were looking for.

They wernt

[furrycat said:
]You've just done a backflip. You said the police could stay until they find out the identity if they believed the person committed a crime. What if Hazem/Houda matched the idea of a suspect they were looking for?

They wernt looking for any suspects. Thats the point

They were just asking them for ID because they were sitting on a bench at night, that doesnt constitute reasonable suspicion of commiting a crime

[furrycat]

Coach
Game_Breaker said:
They wernt

They wernt looking for any suspects. Thats the point

They were just asking them for ID because they were sitting on a bench at night, that doesnt constitute reasonable suspicion of commiting a crime

The police have issued a statement that there had been a spate of break and enters and other criminal activity in the area where the cafe was. You have NFI what the circumstances were or who the offenders are. The offenders could have been described as looking like that, or possibly people who hang around that area at those times, or even the offenders may have been associating with people matching their description. The fact is you don't know the whole story. You don't know what the motives were by the police (even though they've stated it...)

Please tell me where the police said they asked for ID because they were sitting there in the middle of the night. Because I've got an article showing that the police asked due to a spate of crime in the near vicinity of the cafe.

Raider_69

Post Whore
so there ya go, a spate of crimes were committed in the area and police were investigating that, i bet hazem wasnt the only one asked for id, i bet he was the only righteous twat who refused to hand it over and made a song and dacne about

Game_Breaker

Coach
[furrycat] said:
The police have issued a statement that there had been a spate of break and enters and other criminal activity in the area where the cafe was. You have NFI what the circumstances were or who the offenders are. The offenders could have been described as looking like that, or possibly people who hang around that area at those times, or even the offenders may have been associating with people matching their description. The fact is you don't know the whole story. You don't know what the motives were by the police (even though they've stated it...)

Could have been?

You whole argument is now based on giving the police the benifit of the doubt.

They never said they were looking for suspects that matched their description, if they were then they wouldve said something.

The only thing that was mentioned regarding the motives of the police was that there were 3 guys sitting on a bench that night, in an area which had indured break ins and vandalism in the past few months.
That doesnt constitute reasonable suspicion that they're criminals

Please tell me where the police said they asked for ID because they were sitting there in the middle of the night. Because I've got an article showing that the police asked due to a spate of crime in the near vicinity of the cafe.

The article outlines both.

If there had been break ins on that night, then the police would have been right in demanding ID. But again, they didnt mention anything like that, so to you and me it didnt happen

Mr Rock!!!

Juniors
Its' quite simple really. If you are sitting at a train station at 11;00pm at night and the police come up to you and ask for ID. You show it to them. They have a look, maybe run a check, and if you've got nothing to hide, it's all good.
And really, does it matter if the cop is a smartass?? Some are, some aren't. Some shopkeepers are smartasses, some aren't.
Same with plumbers etc....
Like it or not, the police are an authority and if they ask you for a reasonable request, you comply. My Dad can't stand coppers, but he always taught me to say, 'Yes sir, No Sir", and treat them with respect.
Dont' treat them with respect and they get their back-up and suspicious of you immediately
....It's obvious that some minority cultures in this country teach their children otherwise...... And if that's me in the stereo-typing category, so be it.
Mr Rock!!! could not care less

2 True Blues

Coach
Dodger said:
Based on this one incident though 2TB... he's been a role model - great with kids and so on, outstanding community figure etc... are your prepared to condemn him simply because you have years of police work affecting your view?

I am not condemning him at all. In fact he is one of the most talented footballers I have seen in recent times, and it's great to watch him play. But mate, there is definately something wrong if such a simple day to day situation could not have been understood, instead of taking it personally and making it into a big issue/incident. He chose to do this, no one else,. So why then did he choose to take it so personally. Something doing there, thats all I am saying.

[furrycat]

Coach
Game_Breaker said:
Could have been?

You whole argument is now based on giving the police the benifit of the doubt.

They never said they were looking for suspects that matched their description, if they were then they wouldve said something.

The only thing that was mentioned regarding the motives of the police was that there were 3 guys sitting on a bench that night, in an area which had indured break ins and vandalism in the past few months.
That doesnt constitute reasonable suspicion that they're criminals

The article outlines both.

If there had been break ins on that night, then the police would have been right in demanding ID. But again, they didnt mention anything like that, so to you and me it didnt happen

Er...
They ahve the right to obtain information by asking for ID to see who you are and question you as to where you were and if you saw anything.

Again you are just assuming.

Game_Breaker

Coach
[furrycat] said:
Er...
They ahve the right to obtain information by asking for ID to see who you are and question you as to where you were and if you saw anything.

Again you are just assuming.

Saw anything?

So a crime has been commited that night? or are you assuming

They needed reasonable suspicion. I have yet to see it

[furrycat]

Coach
Game_Breaker said:
Saw anything?

So a crime has been commited that night? or are you assuming

They needed reasonable suspicion. I have yet to see it

Do you have to see it?
No. You don't need to for it to be reasonable.
So get over it.

2 True Blues

Coach
[furrycat] said:
No its called you believing you know more than you do. But hey whatever gets you through the day.

It's OK FC. Gunamatta is one of those imbosiles that think they can read a book and actually know what happens in the REAL world outside of google. He is one of the biggest wankers I have met on this foum and objects for the mere sake of objecting. In fact i have no doubt that he is the kind of person that would do exactly what EL MASRI has done and refuse to show ID just to cause an unnessary scene. You would come across gunamatta in some university protest about save the refugees or something similar, wouldnt we GB. :lol:

Keep hiding behind your computer and saving the planet with your niave fantasies GB. You narrow minded fool. One day you will wake and realise that niave idiots such as yourself are half the problem. You seem to have some paranoid dillusion that the Police are some Nazi state whose secret mission is to implant identity chips up your anus. Wake up you idiot. These people will risk their lives to save you without hesitation. ( As sad as that thought is to me if you ever need to be saved ). Keep reading your books and thinking you know what really happens in the practical REAL world GB.

Game_Breaker

Coach
[furrycat] said:
Do you have to see it?
No. You don't need to for it to be reasonable.
So get over it.

I was asking you whether or not a crime has been commited that night. Did you just assume this?

Why ask them if they saw anything if no crime was commited

[furrycat]

Coach
Game_Breaker said:
I was asking you whether or not a crime has been commited that night. Did you just assume this?

Why ask them if they saw anything if no crime was commited

... You're telling me that this particular area of Sydney may have gone a night without a crime?

Please.

2 True Blues

Coach
[furrycat] said:
But if they were asking for ID in an area where a murder occurred and obtaining information, then I don't see them arresting someone for being near the scene without any real evidence.

Spot on mate. Thats what I was referring to. thought it would have been obvious. You have to forget about shows like blue heelers and realise that it's not really like it is on TV nor in books.

In fact when I first joined it was a LOT different to what it's like, and is my belief it's gone a little TOO far into the soft mode nowadays and a fine line between then and now should have been found.

Remember when I first joined for example people used to bring their kids up to the station if they had been playing up, and ask us to give them a scare and show them the cells etc. These days that would be considered as child abuse. :lol: But then again I used to get the cane at school, and wrong or right a lot of things are different these days.

The worry is that as criminals get more dangerous and things get worse on a daily basis, things are getting harder for cops to get in amongst it and butt it out so to speak. All this soft touchy feely crud, fricken laughing stock.

Too hard to explain to those that have fixed minds like GB, and think that by reading something they are instant experts, and always correct at all times. :crazy:

Latest posts