What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Police harassed me: El Masri

[furrycat]

Coach
Some sanity straight from the mouths of two police officers- there is a degree of fault on both parts but it is a deadset over-reaction by El Masri and Houda.

voltron

Juniors
well if the acting police commissioner refutes the claim that 9 police came then i'll give your view credence
but he hasnt refuted El Masri's claims

so unless you have "facts" to back up what your saying
i think you're views are just biased, childish ill informed opinions
making up facts straight after you said that just makes u look dumb

[furrycat]

Coach
voltron said:
well if the acting police commissioner refutes the claim that 9 police came then i'll give your view credence
but he hasnt refuted El Masri's claims

so unless you have "facts" to back up what your saying
i think you're views are just biased, childish ill informed opinions
making up facts straight after you said that just makes u look dumb

Who the hell are you talking to?

2 True Blues

Coach
Spike said:
I generally don't have a drama in asking people for identification if I explain the circumstances prior to asking them. If it's a legitimate reason, most people who have nothing to hide are forthcoming.

Exactly. It's when someone makes a fuss about showing ID that you would suspect they DO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE. But then there is always the nut cases who make a fuss about not showing it, knowing they have nothing to hide. The ones that do this are usually either tree hugging civil libertarians, or RACIST's out to make trouble as they have some stereotype paranoia towards authority and the caucasion massess in Aus.

The Police who don't possess ESP powers more than likely thought he had a warrant or something cause he made a fuss about nothing. :crazy: The area he was sitting was more than likely an area where there had been robberies etc comitted, however as about 1 in a thousand incidents actually make the newspaper or TV news ( and even when they do they are distortions of the facts anyway ), People sitting in that certain area not having a Police radio to listen to over a period of months, would not be aware what goes on even 100 metres down the roads from where they live.

Lets face it. EL MASRI has some issues. Now all those with common sense in the community can see them. Don't think he has done himself any favors at all.

voltron

Juniors
hahaha
u got in before me
i was talking to 2TB

i mean if he thinks El Mazri is exaggerating
fine
but making up stuff to back that up, means 2TB is doing exactly what he's accusing others of doing

Bigfella

Coach
I generally don't have a drama in asking people for identification if I explain the circumstances prior to asking them. If it's a legitimate reason, most people who have nothing to hide are forthcoming.

No dramas. Perfectly reasonable.

But if they have nothing to hide, and also choose to exercise their right to NOT provide ID - what would you do in that situation?

That is the crux of this issue.

Having asked, and having been refused, the police should have a) laid a charge or b) let everyone get on their way.

Do you agree with that proposition?

Calling for backup was an error of judgment. Not a hugely serious one, but an error. As was justifying the actions with a series of bumbling explanations which now look like police covering their tail with cheap rationalisation.

But again, I do agree that on the scale of police abuse of powers, it is a very minor complaint.

But then again, if you just concede every action the next thing you know you are in a police state.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I can see why they would call for the backup. A good precautionary measure.

The police probably suspected they may call their 'cousins' to come down to gang up on the police. There is a history of this happening amongst certain groups of people.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2 True Blues said:
It is blatantly obvious he suffes from Paranoia for starters. He also thinks he is something special and is a RACIST himself for making a mountain out of nothing !!! You stick to your childish ill informed opinion kid. I 'll stick to the facts.

Think you'll find that 9 Police is more than likely going to be about 4 or 5 anyway. Another over exaggeration. But why wouldnt they call more Police when some crazy hysterical racist f**k is trying to carry on in some Paranoid biast state.

I used to like watching El Masri play, but this has turned me right off him. He needs some mental treatment for his paranoia and hatred issues.
Something outside of football means you don't like watching him play? :roll:

The race stuff is over the top but so is your reaction to it champ. Take a breather.

Avenger

Immortal
Maroubra Eel said:
I can see why they would call for the backup. A good precautionary measure.

The police probably suspected they may call their 'cousins' to come down to gang up on the police. There is a history of this happening amongst certain groups of people.

This is exactly the reason that backup was called.

The Colonel

Immortal
Dodger said:
Do you have proof to back that statement? :crazy:

Must have missed the moderator under your name.

I can verify that Avenger would certainly have the proof to back up the statement.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Colonel said:
Must have missed the moderator under your name.

I can verify that Avenger would certainly have the proof to back up the statement.

Wasn't aware I had to be a moderator to ask where someone got proof from. He made an assertion, I have doubt, I requested to know. Pretty simple stuff.

Bigfella

Coach
There is a history of this happening amongst certain groups of people

By "certain groups of people" I assume you don't mean player managers, or goal-kickers?

What this post suggests, and Avenger's confirms, is that they took the course of action that they did based on the apparent racial profile of the individuals concerned.

Colonel is implying Avenger would have knowledge of the events, so where does that leave the posters who claim that no back-up was called?

And if Avenger is right, it appears police called for back-up based not on actual or implied threat, but on the race of the individuals. That also files in the face of what all the anti-hasim posters have been writing.

Is everybody comfortable having different standards applied to different people based on their race / appearance?

Or just those who fit into the preferentially-treated categories?