What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pommeroy????

millersnose

Post Whore
1 on 1 defence is the easiet that you can do.....

Could you expand on this

I always thought one of the main goals of attack was to get a strong attacker one on one with a weaker defender

In fact this principle has been successful for many decades in creating line breaks

Can you explain your new ground breaking theory

Is one on one defence easier than two tacklers on one attacker

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
This is not from a an attacker point of view but a decision point of view all assuming everything is as it should be all pom has to worry about is the second attacker in and that is it.

Look at the Manu try closer and look at his decision. it was probably always going to be a try.

millersnose

Post Whore
I am sorry but I don't understand your answer

Can you expand on:

" one on one defence is easier than........."

carinashark

First Grade
lewis and lootie there next year please and Pom would look great in a Cowboys jersey. Well we cannot expect another good game?

shaggs

Coach
Wrong carina. Lewis and lootele will not be in first grade as a centre next year. Full stop

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pom isn't a great player, but by god he shits on J wright.

Last two weeks pom is moving a bit more freely, has he been playing with an injury before these last two games?

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
I am sorry but I don't understand your answer

Can you expand on:

" one on one defence is easier than........."

Hello Hello is there somebody in there...

Please explain to me how 1 on 1 defence is not the easiest??

All you have to worry about is the 1 person you are marking not anybody else.

Merritt SOO 2 kept coming in Boyd kept scoring...If you leave your man and he scores there is nobody else to blame! If you stay on your man and he scores it's could a missed tackle which goes on stats.

He can't read play

Last edited:

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
Pom isn't a great player, but by god he shits on J wright.

Last two weeks pom is moving a bit more freely, has he been playing with an injury before these last two games?

j Wright could be crap.

Cronullas attack goes down the opposite side to him so he has little opportunity and in defence the oppositions attack the other side (Poms side) now why would that be i wonder (millernose)

Craigshark

First Grade
I'd prefer Leutele in First Grade over Ayshford.. After watching him against the Warriors, I'm not that excited. Looks weak. At least Pommeroy is tough.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
The fact is 1 try and 1 try assist 18 - 14 win
If the ball goes forward 12 - 14 loss I would bet the coach would have had a quite wood in his ear!!!
If he passes earlier there would be no discussion about that play.

If Gal's pass to Pomm goes forward or Wades pass to Wright goes forward we loose too. You are bagging a bloke for drawing 4 or 5 defenders and throwing it to an unmarked winger coz it "could have gone forward". Ive never heard such nonsense.

He didn't throw it earlier as it wasn't on.

millersnose

Post Whore
Despite a the scapegoating of Pom the fact of the matter is when he is in form- and he is- we need him

We aren't that good that we can afford to discard the clubs best center because he is unpopular and scapegoated for Carneys appalling defence

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
This is not from a an attacker point of view but a decision point of view all assuming everything is as it should be all pom has to worry about is the second attacker in and that is it.

Look at the Manu try closer and look at his decision. it was probably always going to be a try.

Man , you are one dumb Carrrnntt.
One on one defense easier? Remind me to read soemthing else you post.
I will have a chuckle at your imbecilic opinion next time I see Scheck, Marshall or kasiano running it up

Vin Fizz

Bench
Most important player on the field is the one carrying the ball. Some defenders rely on intuition (play what's in front of them), others are much better at reading how a play unfolds based on the attacking structure that emerges. From a defensive perspective you count your numbers, get a collision on the ball carrier (stick as best you can) then get numbers on the tackle based on your defensive structures to wrap the ball up, stop the play then slow the consequent play the ball down. I've never played other than a few inter year games at school. Spose it shows, but I reckon Pom can be a bit ponderous in defence and get stuck between intuition and structure. BUT when he is on and confident he is a very different footballer. He could be our x factor into the finals. Who knows..

coolumsharkie

Referee
Any news on the POm? He would have been concussed no doubt ?

Hate the way the plebs death ride him. Unfortunately when he is off he stinks but that TA was a brave act of team before self harm. Maybe the chatter from the crowd is getting to him. I wouldnt have thrown it.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Any news on the POm? He would have been concussed no doubt ?

Hate the way the plebs death ride him. Unfortunately when he is off he stinks but that TA was a brave act of team before self harm. Maybe the chatter from the crowd is getting to him. I wouldnt have thrown it.

Well let's not overdramatise it.

He didn't throw himself on a bomb and he didn't know he was going to get knocked out.

He would of thrown it regardless, his history is littered with speculators. It's what he does.

Thought he played well though.