What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POST GAME DISCUSSION 2019 Rd13 - Eels 22 v Sharks 42

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well, the club, for one, seeing as they re-signed him...

And for the record, I'm not sure that changing coach will do anything.

We need to sweep a broom through the entire roster, imo.
Agreed.

A @hineyrulz style bomb under the joint.

Start again and call ourselves something different like the Parramatta Mermaids or Dolphins.

Tooooks

Bench
From our starting pack last night, I'd keep Reed, Paulo, Lane and Ma'u. I can only hope some of our juniors can step up because there's not a lot of quality off contract.

Also unsure why we didn't pick up Segyaro when no one else wanted him. Would've been handy off the bench to give Reed a spell and has a bit of spark.

strider

Post Whore
We are officially the worst defensive team in the comp. The review worked wonders, we kept the same coach, attacking coach and defensive coach after a wooden spoon season.

Bravo all the decision makers at the club bravo:clap:
I blame Mick Potter ..... he almost tricked us all at the start of the season by making us better, but we can now see his true colours

TheParraboy

Staff member
Was reading an article Penrith are doing a cleanout under Cleary
Wonder if BA / Parra will do the same, will seem pointless signing up the same roster

Makes me think did we have many new guys come into the squad for 2017?

Seems our better players this year are the new guys that have come on board in Sivo, Lane , Fergo, to some extent JPaulo

JokerEel

Coach
Parramatta don't have the cattle, pure and simple, The forwards who sat on the bench for Cronulla would be a walk up start in the Parramatta pack and would do a better job as well.

They would be a walk up start but then turn to shit as the club from head coach down are not up to standard..

JokerEel

Coach
Was reading an article Penrith are doing a cleanout under Cleary
Wonder if BA / Parra will do the same, will seem pointless signing up the same roster

Makes me think did we have many new guys come into the squad for 2017?

Seems our better players this year are the new guys that have come on board in Sivo, Lane , Fergo, to some extent JPaulo

Clean out is just giving Cleary an excuse for more years of mediocrity...
Last year Penrith were a top 4 side under Griffith...

Was a Fan of BA but the club is bad from 1st to Flegg..

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't think we did too badly.

* Lost fullback after 2 minutes;
* Thus forced to play stand-in fullback and third-string five-eighth;
* Horrible decision before halftime. Take that away and it's 38-22;
* Last Sharks try was due to our desperation leading to throwing the ball away.

Yes, we made poor 5th tackle options in the first half (especially). But even with that, if that first half ref blunder had not have occurred we would have been in with a shot while playing a back-up fullback and third string five-eighth.

It wasn't great but I don't think it's a wrist cutting exercise.

You're obviously forgetting the half a dozen or more tries the Sharks bombed. They should've put 60 on us.

Latest posts